Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-20-2020, 10:35 PM   #1
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

[OOTP21] Chop On: Atlanta Braves

I will be attempting my second OOTP dynasty report, this time I am using the Atlanta Braves. My previous attempt was the 2017 Boston Red Sox. I have sat back and tried to learn from my mistakes and learn really nice techniques used by others.

This will be the 150th season in Braves history, 55th season in Atlanta. It will be our 3rd season in Truist Park (formally known as SunTrust Park).

The 2018 Braves finished the year 97-65. It was good enough to win their 14th NL East title (19th Division Title overall). In the NLDS, the Braves faced off with the St. Louis Cardinals (91-70 NL Central Champs). The Cardinals cruised to a 3-2 series win, including an embarrassing 13-1 win in Game 5 (10 runs scored in the first inning).

I will be playing as a GM while making in game substitutions.

Our Minor League System:

(AAA) - Gwinnett Stripers
(AA) - Mississippi Braves
(A+) - Florida Fire Frogs
(A) - Rome Braves
(A-) - Danville Braves
(GCL) - Atlanta
(DSL) - Atlanta

Let's Play Ball!

Acknowledgement: I want to thank rpriske. His Toronto series has been a major influence on me for my own personal blog, even on my 2017 BOS one that I stopped mid-way. I would like to take a few things that worked with him in style of blog. So thank you rpriske for the inspiration. Also want to thank BringerofRain20. He has had some amazing graphics that he has introduced so far, some which I have borrowed for my own. So thanks BoR20 for an amazing look.

Chop On: Atlanta Braves

Last edited by eck.nicholas; 03-22-2020 at 11:11 AM.
eck.nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:48 PM   #2
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

League House Rules:

- OVR and POT turned off, so I have to be able to read my scouting reports.
- No waiver claims, though I can lose players via Waivers.
- Cannot trade an FA signed until the World Series has been played.
- Cannot negotiate any trades. Can only accept trades offered by teams and I must accept them as they are offered.
- I can shop a player, but cannot add a second player to the deal.

Minor Leagues:
To help control MiLB better, I have applied a 26-man roster in AAA and AA. 25-man in A+, A, and A-. 30-man in R and 35-man in GCL and DSL.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:42 PM   #3
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Opening Day Roster 2020:

The Atlanta Braves, GM Nicholas Eck, and MGR Brian Snitker are proud to announce the 26-man roster for Opening Day.

Last edited by eck.nicholas; 03-21-2020 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Added Team Photo
Old 03-21-2020, 12:46 AM   #4
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

*I will kick off the 2020 campaign tomorrow. Spent a lot of time putting together the blog. I work for an apartment complex, so I'm still an essential employee trying to help those find housing during this time.*

Last edited by eck.nicholas; 03-21-2020 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:00 PM   #5
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Atlanta (0-0) at Arizona (0-0) - Chase Field - March 26-29
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2020, 10:49 PM   #6
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Braves Hope Opening Day Win Bodes Well for Season

The Arizona Diamondbacks opened their 2020 season with a disappointing 3-1 loss to the Atlanta Braves at Chase Field. Second Baseman Ozzie Albies was a big part of the win for Atlanta. He was 3 for 4 with a home run and 2 singles. He drove in 3 runs and scored once. Mike Soroka picked up the win with 6 innings of work. He allowed 1 run on 8 hits, while walking 0 and striking out 4. On the season, he is now 1-0. Will Smith finished the game for Atlanta and earned his 1st save.

Momentum swung to the Braves in the top of the first, when Albies, who led the NL in hits with 189 last year, hit a 2-run home run. It propelled the Braves into the lead, 2-0.

"We'll savor this win," Albies told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "then get ready for the next game."

Atlanta starter Max Fried had a strong outing against the Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field. The left-hander was a big part of his team's 8-2 win. Fried went 7 innings to notch the win. He scattered 4 hits, walked 1, and struck out 8. His record improves to 1-0. Atlanta, now 2-0, has gotten their season off to a good start.

Ozzie Albies, who finished 3rd in the NL in triples with 8 last year, chipped in for Atlanta with a 2-run home run in the top of the second. For the game, the second baseman had 2 hits in 4 at-bats with 1 home run, 1 single, 2 runs scored, and 2 runs batted in.

"Win or lose, we pick each other up in this clubhouse," Albies told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Atlanta second baseman Ozzie Albies made his presence felt in the 6-5 Braves triumph over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Albies went 2 for 5 with a triple and a double, while scoring 2 times and driving in 2. Atlanta reliever Darren O'Day picked up the win, upping his record to 1-0. Zac Gallen absorbed the loss. Will Smith recorded his 2nd save for Atlanta.

It could have been a different outcome for Atlanta, had it not been for Freddie Freeman, the 30-year old first baseman . Freeman contributed a 2-run home run in the top of the second inning to put Atlanta up, 6-4.

"If you want to be considered a good team, these are the kind of games you have to win," said Atlanta manager Brian Snitker.

The Braves keep rolling, raising their record to 3-0.

Arizona Diamondbacks starter Luke Weaver kept the Atlanta Braves hitters in check, leading his team to a comfortable 6-2 win. The Diamondbacks, with just their 1st win in 4 games, have played uninspired baseball so far.

Weaver was effective against the Braves, seldom allowing a hard-hit ball. The right-hander limited Atlanta to just 2 runs on 2 hits over 8.2 innings.

"This level of focus will win us a lot of ballgames," Weaver said after the game.

Last edited by eck.nicholas; 03-21-2020 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Weird spacing from Mobile
Old 03-21-2020, 11:06 PM   #7
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Series 2: Atlanta (3-1) at San Diego (3-1)

Old 03-22-2020, 07:44 PM   #8
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Breaking News:

Atlanta (3-1) at San Diego (3-1) - Petco Park - March 30-April 1

Last edited by eck.nicholas; 03-22-2020 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:22 PM   #9
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Braves Score Late to Upend Padres, 3-2
Atlanta rode a fine outing from starter Kyle Wright to victory over the San Diego Padres at Petco Park. The final score was 3-2. Will Smith got the save, the 3rd for him this season. The Braves, now 4-1, have stormed out of the gates.

Ozzie Albies's hit in the top of the ninth was a game-changer. With two out, he rapped a fastball from Michel Baez for a run-scoring single. It put Atlanta in front, 3-2.

"Kyle was throwing strikes, locating well," said Atlanta manager Brian Snitker.

Atlanta got a first-rate effort from pitcher Mike Soroka, who frustrated San Diego hitters en route to a 2-0 Braves triumph at Petco Park. Darren O'Day recorded his 1st save for Atlanta. Atlanta, with the win, is 5-1.

Soroka earned the win, going 8 strong innings for Atlanta. The right-hander allowed just 2 hits, while striking out 7. San Diego hitters had little success against him.

"I just tried to attack the bottom of the zone," Soroka said.

The San Diego Padres got a good effort from starter Garrett Richards in defeating the Atlanta Braves at Petco Park. The final score was 4-1. The winning pitcher was Richards, now 1-1. He tossed 5.2 innings of 5-hit ball, while walking 4 and fanning 3. With the loss, Atlanta sinks to 5-2.

Brian Dozier put San Diego in front, 4-0, when he took Max Fried downtown. His 2-run home run came with two out in the bottom of the sixth. It was his 1st home run of the season.

"We'll pop the top on a cold beverage and get back to work tomorrow," Richards said.

Last edited by eck.nicholas; 03-23-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:46 PM   #10
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Old 03-23-2020, 10:27 PM   #11
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Miami (4-3) at Atlanta (5-2) - Truist Park - April 3rd-5th

Old 03-23-2020, 11:27 PM   #12
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Ozuna Delivers Walk-Off Win for Braves
Atlanta third baseman Johan Camargo had 3 ribbies while helping his team defeat the Miami Marlins, 9-7. Atlanta reliever Will Smith picked up the win, upping his record to 1-0. Brandon Kintzler was saddled with the loss. The Braves, now 6-2, have been on a roll in the early going.

Marcell Ozuna won the game for Atlanta when homered off Yimi Garcia in the bottom of the ninth.

"We've got a great group of guys," Camargo said, "and we're having fun right now."

Injury: D. O'Day was injured while pitching. Placed on 15-day IL with Shoulder Inflamation. F. Hernandez brought up from AAA Gwinnett following the game.

Atlanta got a terrific performance from pitcher Bryse Wilson, but it wasn't enough to beat the Miami Marlins. Miami won the Truist Park contest, 4-0. Wilson threw 6 innings of 3-hit ball for the losing team. With the loss, Atlanta is 6-3.

Jonathan Villar helped the cause in the top of the sixth. With a runner on 1st, he hit a single. His at-bat contributed to the Miami win.

"We'll pop the top on a cold beverage and get back to work tomorrow," Villar said.

The Miami Marlins picked up a win at Truist Park, knocking off the Atlanta Braves, 4-0. On the mound for Miami was right-hander Elieser Hernandez, who played a pivotal role in the win. Miami, now 6-4, has gotten their season off to a good start.

Hernandez's performance can only be described as masterful. He notched 6 strikeouts in 7 innings while allowing 2 hits. Hernandez goes to 1-0 on the year with 11 strikeouts.

"Our guys are never satisfied," said Miami manager Don Mattingly.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:38 PM   #13
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Old 03-25-2020, 11:03 AM   #14
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

San Diego (4-6) at Atlanta (6-4) - Truist Park - April 6th-8th

Old 03-25-2020, 11:39 AM   #15
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Machado Lifts Padres to 8-5 Win

Getting a good performance from third baseman Manny Machado, the San Diego Padres defeated the Atlanta Braves, 8-5. Machado was 3-4 with a home run, 2 singles, and a walk. He scored 2 times and drove in 3 for the Padres. Jacob Nix got credit for the win, improving to 1-1. He allowed no runs on 6 hits in 5.2 innings. The win leaves San Diego with a record of 5-6.

The Padres took a 8-0 lead in the top of the seventh inning. Facing Atlanta hurler A.J. Minter with no outs, Machado hit a 3-run home run.

"I hate to be the fly in the ointment," said Machado, "but we could've played better."

San Diego Padres starter Garrett Richards was in a groove as he led his team to a win over the Atlanta Braves, 5-1. The Braves drop to 6-6 and continue their mediocre start to the 2020 season.

It could have been a different outcome for San Diego, had it not been for Tommy Pham, the 32-year old left fielder . Pham contributed a solo home run in the top of the third inning to put San Diego up, 2-0.

"If I go out there and help the team win, that's all you can do," said Richards.

Fans who gathered at Truist Park saw a good contest between the Atlanta Braves and San Diego Padres.

San Diego second baseman Jurickson Profar had a good game, even if his team did not. The Padres dropped a 6-4 decision to Atlanta at Truist Park. Profar was 2 for 3 with a home run and 2 walks. He drove in 4 runs and scored once. Will Smith closed the door for Atlanta, picking up his 4th save of the year.

Ozzie Albies had an important at-bat with two out in the bottom of the fifth, when he hit a 3-run home run. His 4th home run of the season put Atlanta on top, 3-1.

"We'll savor this win," Albies told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "then get ready for the next game."

With the loss, San Diego falls to 6-7.

Old 03-25-2020, 11:51 AM   #16
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues