Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:29 AM   #1
KendoMN
Bat Boy

When to purchase?

Hey all. I’m thinking about buying the new game. I’m a total newbie. Would it make sense to wait a bit so that the bugs can get fixed or just dive right in? Am not overly technologically sophisticated and don’t want to have to do anything too difficult down the road in terms of updates/fixes. On the other hand, I’m bored out of my skull in these virus plagued times.
KendoMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:01 PM   #2
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Who is going to tell you to wait?
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #3
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAverageGuy View Post
Who is going to tell you to wait?
I generally wait till after final patch before starting a new MLB game. That is if I want the most up to date rosters. Used to do the same for the most up to date draft pool but with the ability to import drafts, that need has gone away.

So really little reason to wait. Dive on in
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:45 PM   #4
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
The game is very stable. I can see no reason to wait at all. Even if you were waiting for opening day rosters (whenever that will be this year) you could still get familiar with the game.

You don't have to be a tech guru to update the game. It's as simple as d'loading the patches as they come and installing them over the game. Or if you use STEAM it will auto update.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:03 PM   #5
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I think that several years ago the general wisdom was that you waited a couple months to get the really big bugs out of the way before you transitioned to the new version. I think that even back then that was more of a thing for multiplayer leagues or at worst for bringing in saves from previous versions. That being said, the game's been pretty stable the past few years. I personally was able to bring in a save from OOTP20 and it's been working just fine so far; there's nothing really in the new enhancements at least that I can see that would necessarily break a save on its own.

Patching is pretty straightforward; if you buy the game directly from OOTP, you just download the patch exe and run it, and if you buy it from Steam you don't even have to do that.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:31 PM   #6
Marcus75844
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have had the game crash a couple different times and I didn’t used to have this issue with past versions. I’m waiting on the next patch to hopefully fix these problems before I invest too much time into a season.
Marcus75844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:38 PM   #7
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus75844 View Post
I have had the game crash a couple different times and I didn’t used to have this issue with past versions. I’m waiting on the next patch to hopefully fix these problems before I invest too much time into a season.
Sorry that is happening to you but...

If it were common the boards would be exploding. Since the game seems to be working for the vast majority there is no reason for the OP to assume it won't work for him.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:05 PM   #8
Marcus75844
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Sorry that is happening to you but...

If it were common the boards would be exploding. Since the game seems to be working for the vast majority there is no reason for the OP to assume it won't work for him.
It only happens if I play out the game and a few others also have a similar problem...I don’t have any problems with freezing with in any other part of the game.
Marcus75844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:14 PM   #9
KendoMN
Bat Boy

Thanks all. Good advice. Just bought it.
KendoMN is offline   Reply With Quote