Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2017, 08:51 PM   #1
RightBack2
Minors (Single A)

Standard MLB w/ Full NCAA Feeder Template

I was looking around for a good feeder template and I couldn't find one that fit my needs so I made one of my own. You just download and install the files and play, all formatting is done.

Here's what it features:
Stock MLB game, I changed nothing.
9 Realistic D1 NCAA Conferences total of 96 teams. I can't put all of the conferences in as there would be an overflow of players so I put in the most notatable conferences.
Complete set of realistic logos. I got them off the web and just edited them to look better in OOTP.
Complete set of realistic home/away caps and jerseys for all NCAA teams. All credit goes to Robo for his amazing work.
100% realistic team location and stadium names for all NCAA teams.
Three HS feeder leagues, total of 90 teams (no logo's or jerseys..yet)
All together 186 feeder teams, this will fill your draft and you'll have some left over for minor league free agents.

The included readme file has install instructions as well as other important information.

My goal is to make a complete template that any new player can plug and play and enjoy the world of feeders without dealing with the headache of formatting all of the logos and jerseys. This will be a 4 part project and this is part one. Part 2 will be when I complete the first HS feeder and so on. I ran a test run and everything seems to go smooth and nothing seems out of place, with that being said please let me know if I missed something.

here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ri2kt7...R+TEMPLATE.zip

Last edited by RightBack2; 04-27-2017 at 07:30 AM.
RightBack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:10 AM   #2
cheo25
All Star Reserve

I appreciate the effort, and I imported it last night. It's pretty thorough, and it must have taken a boat load of time. I wish I had the patience to set one up myself.

Was Vanderbilt included? I noticed the SEC only had 13 teams and the only team I didn't see was Vanderbilt. I didn't follow through with setting the game up completely.

Last edited by cheo25; 04-29-2017 at 09:14 AM.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Fictional Guys for Feeder League same for MLB?
Old 04-29-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
RightBack2
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo25 View Post
I appreciate the effort, and I imported it last night. It's pretty thorough, and it must have taken a boat load of time. I wish I had the patience to set one up myself.

Was Vanderbilt included? I noticed the SEC only had 13 teams and the only team I didn't see was Vanderbilt. I didn't follow through with setting the game up completely.
Vanderbilt is for sure in their however, I could've put them in the wrong conference. I remember putting them in there but I will check later and fix any errors thanks for the heads up
Old 04-29-2017, 10:11 AM   #5
RightBack2
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Fictional Guys for Feeder League same for MLB?
I'm confused by what you mean?
Old 04-30-2017, 07:57 PM   #6
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

What I mean is random Historical guys.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:23 PM   #7
nkysportsguy
Minors (Single A)

Mac issues

Has anyone had trouble loading the template into custom game on a mac? File shows in finder under world_templates, but only the default.wpt shows when trying to load it in the application. Any help is appreciated.
nkysportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:32 AM   #8
matnul
Bat Boy

Hi,
New here. Two questions.
1. How can i upload the template once in the game?
2. Can i upload the template after i started a game or i need to start a new one?

Thanks
matnul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:31 PM   #9
genuvar
Minors (Single A)

Cant believe this isnt more popular.. at least I couldnt find anything close to it anywhere else.

Im also currently in the works of adjusting this template.

What Ive done so far:
- Removed the MLB stuff so you can import the template into any game with the NCAA teams and High Schools
- Added all the current D1A schools and created the playoffs to mirror the 64 team college world series format (still needs a lot of work with moving teams to correct locations, logos, and such)

What I want to do:
- Correct all the locations and logos and such as mentioned above
- Create 16 regions for the high schools, each with 3-4 divisions (based on state) with the current top 8 schools for those states
- National High School Invitational with the champions of the playoffs from those regions (done as an association)

I have some other ideas as well if I can get all that to work
genuvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:36 AM   #10
genuvar
Minors (Single A)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R_g...ew?usp=sharing

Heres the file so far.. keep in mind that it is UNTESTED. This is what you are getting.

NCAA:
-All D1A divisions and teams (NOTE: Some teams are not in proper locations or have correct logos)
-64 team tournament that reflects the CWS

High School:
-16 leagues based on sets (3-4) of states. Each state is a division.
- Each state except Alaska has 8 teams based on the top 8 high school teams currently in each of those states. Top 8 rankings are based off of maxpreps.com
- Every High School team is set to the correct location (or as close to it as I could get if OOTP didnt have the city)
- Each league has a 16 team playoff. (round 1 and 2 act like State Semifinals/Championship - round 3 and 4 are regional semifinals and finals)
- National High School Invitational (association) takes the champion of each league and has another 16 team playoff.
- Logos are not accurate but each team does have its correct mascot

Last edited by genuvar; 10-04-2018 at 01:38 AM.
genuvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:06 PM   #11
DownrightCynical
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuvar View Post
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R_g...ew?usp=sharing

Heres the file so far.. keep in mind that it is UNTESTED. This is what you are getting.

NCAA:
-All D1A divisions and teams (NOTE: Some teams are not in proper locations or have correct logos)
-64 team tournament that reflects the CWS

High School:
-16 leagues based on sets (3-4) of states. Each state is a division.
- Each state except Alaska has 8 teams based on the top 8 high school teams currently in each of those states. Top 8 rankings are based off of maxpreps.com
- Every High School team is set to the correct location (or as close to it as I could get if OOTP didnt have the city)
- Each league has a 16 team playoff. (round 1 and 2 act like State Semifinals/Championship - round 3 and 4 are regional semifinals and finals)
- National High School Invitational (association) takes the champion of each league and has another 16 team playoff.
- Logos are not accurate but each team does have its correct mascot
Wow, this is incredible, I am from the Vegas area and I just love how indepth you went here.

I want to start playing with this template, but my fear is that it will severely lag my game world and game in general, have you noticed anything like that or has anyone in playing with this massive file?
DownrightCynical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:39 PM   #12
bearcatbbal22
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightBack2 View Post
I was looking around for a good feeder template and I couldn't find one that fit my needs so I made one of my own. You just download and install the files and play, all formatting is done.

Here's what it features:
Stock MLB game, I changed nothing.
9 Realistic D1 NCAA Conferences total of 96 teams. I can't put all of the conferences in as there would be an overflow of players so I put in the most notatable conferences.
Complete set of realistic logos. I got them off the web and just edited them to look better in OOTP.
Complete set of realistic home/away caps and jerseys for all NCAA teams. All credit goes to Robo for his amazing work.
100% realistic team location and stadium names for all NCAA teams.
Three HS feeder leagues, total of 90 teams (no logo's or jerseys..yet)
All together 186 feeder teams, this will fill your draft and you'll have some left over for minor league free agents.

The included readme file has install instructions as well as other important information.

My goal is to make a complete template that any new player can plug and play and enjoy the world of feeders without dealing with the headache of formatting all of the logos and jerseys. This will be a 4 part project and this is part one. Part 2 will be when I complete the first HS feeder and so on. I ran a test run and everything seems to go smooth and nothing seems out of place, with that being said please let me know if I missed something.

here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ri2kt7...R+TEMPLATE.zip
Is there an update for this for OOTP 21?
bearcatbbal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:45 PM   #13
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Probably not yet. This is something that will take time to setup and is really best waited to begin until a couple patches are in the books just in case something is found that is a game breaker.
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:05 AM   #14
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Templates tend to be unaffected by versions. I downloaded this and installed on 21. Appears to be no problems.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:02 PM   #15
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatbbal22 View Post
Is there an update for this for OOTP 21?

I would use the template, but replace the the in-template MLB and MiLB with the 2020 leagues.

Chop On: Atlanta Braves
eck.nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:19 PM   #16
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

this is a graphics forum
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:32 PM   #17
bearcatbbal22
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolduke View Post
Templates tend to be unaffected by versions. I downloaded this and installed on 21. Appears to be no problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eck.nicholas View Post
I would use the template, but replace the the in-template MLB and MiLB with the 2020 leagues.
Sorry I'm new to this.. how would that work? When I downloaded this and ran it in OOTP 21, the rosters weren't updated. I then tried adding the 2020 leagues but it got messy when I added the NCAA feeder league.. the prospect game was composed of college players rather than minor leaguers

Last edited by bearcatbbal22; 03-22-2020 at 08:34 PM.
bearcatbbal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:31 PM   #18
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatbbal22 View Post
Sorry I'm new to this.. how would that work? When I downloaded this and ran it in OOTP 21, the rosters weren't updated. I then tried adding the 2020 leagues but it got messy when I added the NCAA feeder league.. the prospect game was composed of college players rather than minor leaguers
You download the template. You import the template, but delete the MLB versions and add the game's major and MiLB instead after you've created it [not sure if there's a way to do it in the creation zone, but surely there must be some way.]
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:40 AM   #19
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
You download the template. You import the template, but delete the MLB versions and add the game's major and MiLB instead after you've created it [not sure if there's a way to do it in the creation zone, but surely there must be some way.]
Also, I would suggest 1) regenerating schedules because you arent using last year's schedule this year, and 2) adding all new fictional players to the feeders.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote