Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 09-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #21
fireholder
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvitak View Post
LET'S GO BLUES!!!

Oh...I'm from St. Louis. I saw BLUES and just ... snapped!
a blues fan! wooooo

TBN's FHM Forum
TBN's FHM Downloads - coming soon
fireholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #22
benwesting
Bat Boy

Hi

I purchased this game for £32 a week a go and to be honest as much as i applaud and appreciate the immense work put into it i wouldnt have paid half that for it right now. Yes ive patched it. I assume as i bought the game out of the beta phase that i am not eligible for a refund?

Sorry if the message sounds a bit off, its not that i dont think what you guys have done is good but the game is unplayable at times and just needs work doing to it.

Ben
benwesting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #23
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I don't understand why anyone should get a refund. Purchase a game from anywhere on steam or instore, you can't return it.

If you are unsure, you should wait for the demo. The fact there is no demo out yet is a red flag for a buyer as well.

They said a 30 day window for refunds and I don't see any reason why they should give it past that point, especially if they make a new thread or posting on the forum about it. PM them and accept the answer. If it was me, I would say tough luck.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #24
traveler99
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I don't understand why anyone should get a refund. Purchase a game from anywhere on steam or instore, you can't return it.

If you are unsure, you should wait for the demo. The fact there is no demo out yet is a red flag for a buyer as well.

They said a 30 day window for refunds and I don't see any reason why they should give it past that point, especially if they make a new thread or posting on the forum about it. PM them and accept the answer. If it was me, I would say tough luck.
Dave, yes you can get a refund from Steam if its false advertising, i have gotten mine couple times, WarZ anyone? Aliens that just got out all big time false advertising and yes they refunded it when you asked for it.
traveler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #25
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwesting View Post
Hi

I purchased this game for £32 a week a go and to be honest as much as i applaud and appreciate the immense work put into it i wouldnt have paid half that for it right now. Yes ive patched it. I assume as i bought the game out of the beta phase that i am not eligible for a refund?

Sorry if the message sounds a bit off, its not that i dont think what you guys have done is good but the game is unplayable at times and just needs work doing to it.

Ben
As we wrote many times, we have a 14 days refund policy (no questions asked) so please contact gary.breckenridge@ootpdevelopments.com and make the request. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #26
puck
Bat Boy

Quote:
especially if they make a new thread or posting on the forum about it. PM them and accept the answer. If it was me, I would say tough luck.
I don't think it's fair to say they shouldn't post about it. Everyone should be allowed to say what they think, good or bad, and tell people why they want their $$$ back. I imagine a lot of people who want refunds don't follow the forum and haven't dug through the posts, nor should they really have to.
puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #27
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck View Post
I don't think it's fair to say they shouldn't post about it. Everyone should be allowed to say what they think, good or bad, and tell people why they want their $$$ back. I imagine a lot of people who want refunds don't follow the forum and haven't dug through the posts, nor should they really have to.
Posting about it is one thing. It's their prerogative and if they list some reasons why they are unhappy it's very constructive and helpful. But that's no excuse to not use the search forum. Anyone who has been a member of any forum knows it's quite considerate to use it. And I don't know of too many people who has ootp and has never signed up for the forums...there certainly are a few i'm sure. Many just don't care enough to bother searching...and let's face it, they don't need to search far in this forum. Post it in a thread that's already around, no need to make a new one each time.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #28
CatKnight
All Star Starter

And yet it can happen, and will happen.

If it bothers you that much, ask a moderator to sticky one of the threads. I doubt they will, and don't blame them one bit, but until then there's no reason to EXPECT someone to know this topic has been addressed.
CatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #29
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatKnight View Post
And yet it can happen, and will happen.

If it bothers you that much, ask a moderator to sticky one of the threads. I doubt they will, and don't blame them one bit, but until then there's no reason to EXPECT someone to know this topic has been addressed.

It doesn't bother me that badly. Like you said, it will always happen for any game. Just was giving my 2 cents on the subject. a FAQ stickied thread though is an excellent idea.

Last edited by dave1927p; 10-03-2013 at 10:04 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #30
dmytron

I hope devs will do sometihng about the game (or its reputation will be decreased drastically). Maybe they have to release a demo or reduce the price 50% or make some "benefits" for those who have bought FHM 2014?
Old 10-04-2013, 04:20 AM   #31
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

Im 100% interested in buying this game as Ive boughten just about anything I can from this company but not for that price with this many problems being talked about.

If it was half the price it currently is, I would take the gamble but not for a full pc game price that I can go test out a ton of other games for.
nolushhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #32
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
I hope devs will do sometihng about the game (or its reputation will be decreased drastically). Maybe they have to release a demo or reduce the price 50% or make some "benefits" for those who have bought FHM 2014?
It reputation will never be hurt permanently. The only way it would is when people want their money back and don't get it...then they'd most likely just avoid the product.

Overall, when things are running and when people are talking about it, they will all come back. It just might be for FHM2014...i'd be willing to bet they'll still check out 2015.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #33
traveler99
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
It reputation will never be hurt permanently. The only way it would is when people want their money back and don't get it...then they'd most likely just avoid the product.

Overall, when things are running and when people are talking about it, they will all come back. It just might be for FHM2014...i'd be willing to bet they'll still check out 2015.
Not permanently sure, but it has hurt it a lot already, i doubt many serious players buy it until 3rd iteration and not from launch seeing how this performs. So much stuff is missing that i am starting to doubt they can fix everything for 2013 to get things working right, they have to start doing 2014 soon as well if they want anything different from current one to be seen.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #34
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler99 View Post
they have to start doing 2014 soon as well if they want anything different from current one to be seen.
OOTP released in April and work has only just stopped on the current version and started on the next version. So there were six months spent on improving the current version. That's typical for OOTP in my experience. I'd expect the same from the FHM team. So there's probably another five months or so of development on FHM 14 to go.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #35
traveler99
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
OOTP released in April and work has only just stopped on the current version and started on the next version. So there were six months spent on improving the current version. That's typical for OOTP in my experience. I'd expect the same from the FHM team. So there's probably another five months or so of development on FHM 14 to go.
so they have/use 5-6 months to make a new version? that sounds more like an update than a new version (more like a money grab a la EA Sports style, new version each year without much new things)
Old 10-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #36
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
(more like a money grab a la EA Sports style, new version each year without much new things)
You really don't know what you're talking about at all, do you...
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #37
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

I want my money back

Quote:
Nope, he doesn't.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #38
mm7607
All Star Reserve

So far I've bought the game, download every patch but I have to be honest I've only played about 5 minutes. I have almost 0 knowledge of hockey. But I will still support this game anyway. After the world series I will play FHM more.
mm7607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #39
traveler99
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
so you mean in 4-5 months they have time to make its gonna be all new game :P like this release we are still fixing beta issues not even proper release lol. good luck with that.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #40
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

I want my money back

Quote:
so you mean in 4-5 months they have time to make its gonna be all new game :P like this release we are still fixing beta issues not even proper release lol. good luck with that.
This is the first release. Did it go perfectly? Not at all, but give them a chance to fix it.

Sounds like you've given up after a month and are packing it in. C-ya