Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 09-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

What would you like to see for IOOTP 14?

I know there's a suggestions thread, but none of the threads in there seem to get any replies. I thought this would raise some good discussion.

I would love to see minor leagues put in, although I do know it's impossible as it would be too much GB. This game is a lite version to OOTP as well, so it's very very unlikely, borderline fat chance. However, that would be the #1 thing I would absolutely love to see in this game.

Is there anyway 40 man roster could be implemented? That would add a whole new element to the game.

I would like to see the new CBA in the game as well.

I would like to see a better way to negotiate contracts with free agents/players with expiring contracts. There's nothing I hate more than seeing players unwilling to negotiate with me.

What would you like to see?
KingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
Ike348
All Star Starter

All-Star Game. Actually hold the All-Star Game, and if you won the pennant last year, you can manage your leagues side. If not, just watch it. A better selection process for the rosters would be nice, too. I mentioned this is another thread.

Compensation fixes. I don't know if they got rid of this in the new CBA (which I would also like to see implemented), but if they didn't, please don't make every half-decent player Type A/Type B. Also, I'm tired of getting 3rd/4th Round picks when my star player leaves for free agency. It's plain annoying.

Playoff Fix. If you lose the one-game wild card playoff, the home screen says you didn't qualify for the playoffs, and you have to go to your schedule to see the box score (I don't play out any games, so box scores are my way of following my team).

I'm sure there are many more things that would be great additions or fixes for iootp14, but these are the ones I immediately thought of.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
McGuiser
Major Leagues

Suggestions for 2014

1. Fix bug in contract extensions, so that players do not turn down your acquiescence to their request, and then come back with the same request endlessly, never agreeing even when they get what they want.

2. Player editor.

3. Ability to print team, individual stats, and league standings at the end of a season.

4. Ability to offer and ask for money in a trade.

I only played a little in the 2013 version, and then went back to 2012, so I apologize if any of these features are in 2013. I know that the player editor is in the works.
McGuiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
nate9485
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'd also like to see the ability to pull back a free agent offer.
nate9485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
Ike348
All Star Starter

Adding money would be great, considering that the AI can do it.

Printing stats would be AMAZING, as this way you have a record of the season. Taking it a step further would be to export stats as PDFs, XLS, CSV, etc.

And the ability to take back an FA offer would be great, because sometimes you trade for somebody and you don't need that FA anymore. Or whe you want to offer more money to another FA, but you have to take back an offer on another FA to do so.

Last edited by Ike348; 09-03-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
McGuiser
Major Leagues

Withdrawing free agent offers

Ah, yes, good reminder, Nate. In another thread we talked about (a) being able to withdraw, or (b) having a time limit on those offers, or (c) having an expiration date some time before opening day.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
Walkoffman
Minors (Single A)

At the top of my list are "Add Teams" and "Expansion Draft" features that could be used at the discretion of the game player for all 3 game types, or at least follow actual historic expansions for Historical Replay.

Allow use of the "Set Status to Untouchable" button for a maximum number of players on the roster to protect them from the expansion draft; choose the expansion cities, nicknames, and colors through the Edit function (already useful to "move" and rename franchises), and let the AI do the rest. That's all
Walkoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

I like all the suggestions on this thread, so here's some that I thought could be implemented:
1. Better overall trading experience, like adding money (already been discussed), and getting more reasonable offers from AI teams. Also, I'd like to see when you put a player on the trading block, you could actually get offers from AI teams because when I use it it doesn't do anything.
2. Player numbers. It's a little thing, but it would be nice to have in the game as something to identify with the player.
3. Season length and number of playoff teams options
4. International prospect signings as another way to get prospects outside the draft
5. Option years for player contracts

That's all I can think of right now.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #9
nate9485
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Oh, and the ability to mark a player on another team as someone you don't want. I constantly get the AI asking if I want to trade for the same player.
nate9485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #10
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

I've mentioned these a few times before:
1. Current league's all-time and best in any season leader board.
2. Current team's all-time and best in any season leader board.
3. Designation in a players stats or history if he led the league in a category.

I'm awfully curious if a guy who hits 55 HR's in a year in my fictional league now holds the record and where does his 480 HR's stand in all time ranking.
Panchobamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #11
asado
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Need to focus on enhancing the game!!!

1. A player editor is must. I am not too sure what this has not been done. If if it because of the amount of memory, I would prefer they market it as a separate utility where it can be imported to a PC and one can export back to iOOTP.
I am sure they have player editor in developing the new players for next system, since it would be extra work for them to recode and compile new programming for new players.

2. One of the attractions with OOTP baseball, is you could export the league from a desktop PC to your laptop and play the game whenever your travel. Since iOOTP has limited abilities to fine tune iOOTP, I have considered purchasing a tablet PC with windows 8 system (which is lightweight) and go back to OOTP baseball rather than wasting my time on the iOOTP. I like iOOTP but problem is that the programmers and developers really do not pay attention or reply on threads to our input and from my perspective they do not seen to have much of their heart in enhancing the game compared to the historical development of OOTP

Ideally the ability to import leagues from iOOTP into OOTP would be ideal where you can fine tune the games and export back to iOOTP. It actually may get people who are into iOOTP to purchase OOTP.
asado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #12
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

I'd like to see some logic added to the player progression over historical seasons. Currently if a player wasn't highly rated as a rookie they aren't and have little to no chance of becoming good in the game. There are some hall of famers that have no chance at a career if you draft them in the game.
magicspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #13
McGuiser
Major Leagues

Relief pitcher information

Unless I am missing something, when we select a relief pitcher we cannot access their status (i.e. learn who is at less than 100%). I guess that would require a news screen (and memory)?
Old 09-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #14
McGuiser
Major Leagues

Opposing managers

There might not be the memory or player demand for this, but here goes. Differentiation between teams might already exist, but is certainly opaque to me.

I would like to see two changes to opposing teams' draft/trade tendencies:

(1) at least some teams should prefer pitching-or-hitting, small-ball-or-power, etc. We know that owners are "economizers" or "lenient," etc., so why not change those to team preferences, as more interesting and more useful.

(2) By the trade deadline, I'd like to see a few teams either give up, and thus more willing to trade older, established players for prospects, or commit to the pennant by being more likely to trade prospects for older, established players.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #15
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

1. Career leaderboards
  2. Season summaries (ie, record of previous standings, award winners, stat leaders)
  3. Editable stadium names
  4. Fix the bug where doing a double switch results in the pitcher getting credited with playing a fielding position, the position player gets credited with appearing as a pitcher (look at some of your old box scores for examples of this annoying bug)

Would be great to be able to edit or create players, but I think the most critical enhancement has to do with being able to browse the historical league and player data. If the game itself can't handle the task, then an export feature would suffice.
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:24 PM   #16
MooseMichaels
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This may be more on the programming side, but it's time to drop support for the 3G, 3GS and 4 as well as the original iPad and maybe the iPad 2.

The reason is that seems to be why the feature set hasn't expanded very much.
MooseMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #17
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

I'd like to see a patch for iOOTP 13.

-Michael
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #18
MattB75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanemj View Post
I'd like to see a patch for iOOTP 13.

-Michael
This! I've become very disheartened by iootp. We were promised certain updates by the developer, before 13 was even released. There is less the a week left in the regular season. Where are the updates? Where is iPhone 5 support?(I guess the proper question now is "Where is iPhone 5c and 5s support?")Where is the player editor? Where are the roster updates?

More importantly, where is Sebastian? The silence from him is damning, to say the least.
MattB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #19
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

yeah it doesnt make sense. Last time people called him out in this section he said it was because he was working on getting fhm released. But now if you go look at the FHM section, they are calling for him there too and noone from the developer side is saying anything really responding at all.

I dont know what is going on but it seems only the pc/mac versions of ootp are what seems important around here anymore.

I too have always been extremely supportive of this company and its situations whether bad or good. But Im also frustrated as Ive read where dev's are saying they are working on this or that for the next update, and yet we are months past when they were said and nothing. And the worst part about it is the communication.

And personally Im sick of hearing the excuses they are busy. Im a father of two in school, have a full time job, my children are active in sports and various other functions, and yes Im still married. And I can find the time to come on here and put a post up every other day if I wanted or saw a reason too.

This is your job dev's, you are getting paid for this. When your customers are making posts for weeks without a response or update thats just ridiculous.

Last edited by nolushhere; 09-27-2013 at 10:17 PM.
nolushhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #20
BradC
All Star Starter

Sorry they haven't been responsive. I will see if they can pop in with an update. In the meantime, I have been responding to threads. I can say definitively that the game hasn't been abandoned and iOOTP 2014 will be coming next year. I'm not sure about iOOTP 2013 as Sebastian has been very busy with FHM.

RE FHM, I know Jeff has been responding to posts, and as producer on the game, his presence is as good as having Sebastian around.

Thanks.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote