Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
thiky1971
Bat Boy

Para cuando la traduccion al ESPAÑOL

Hola amigos para cuando saldria una traduccion al español del juego, seria fantastico, o si alguien sabe donde encontrarlo para bajarlo?? se agradece
thiky1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

¿Hable Ingles?

My Spanish isn't great, but I think you're asking for a Spanish translation of the game? It's pretty unlikely, since the team that make the game are German and to be honest their English is wrong sometimes.

A Spanish translation would be possible, but it would be a lot of hassle.

Last edited by Cryomaniac; 06-04-2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: wrong tense of verb in my Spanish...
Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Sprechen Sie Deutsch bitte!

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
thiky1971
Bat Boy

good I will be playing in English while thank you all told
thiky1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
ry1220
All Star Reserve

I've wondered about this; with baseball being pretty big in Spanish-speaking Latin American countries, would it be a beneficial increase to Markus' selling base to include these countries? I certainly wouldn't see how a crude English > Spanish on Google Translate couldn't hurt sales, or at least provide these customers with text they could understand.

(Also, I've always been surprised that there was no German.xml file, given the primary language of our developers.)
ry1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry1220 View Post
I've wondered about this; with baseball being pretty big in Spanish-speaking Latin American countries, would it be a beneficial increase to Markus' selling base to include these countries? I certainly wouldn't see how a crude English > Spanish on Google Translate couldn't hurt sales, or at least provide these customers with text they could understand.

(Also, I've always been surprised that there was no German.xml file, given the primary language of our developers.)
A crude translation would be worse than no translation.

I'm guessing there's no German translation due to complete lack of demand for it lol.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #7
Tullius
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I'm guessing there's no German translation due to complete lack of demand for it lol.
A german translation would simply make no sense. All people interested in Baseball will have some knowledge of English otherwise they could not follow baseball. In german papers or TV baseball simply does not exists and i would bet that 99% of all Germans did not know any rule (and would send any runner in the reverse direction). An other problem is that the translation of baseball terms in Germany would sound terrible.
Tullius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #8
Killing Time
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullius View Post
An other problem is that the translation of baseball terms in Germany would sound terrible.
I can see that. Like "cup," which would be "keependerballsfromgesmashen."

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
In my best imitation of KT, "I don't know. Would? May? This could have been better. I'm a bit disappointed."
Please don't beat the dead graphics horse.
Killing Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #9
Qwerty75
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by killing time View Post
i can see that. Like "cup," which would be "keependerballsfromgesmashen."
lol.

Qwerty75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #10
attackemu
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Hola amigos para cuando saldria una traduccion al español del juego, seria fantastico, o si alguien sabe donde encontrarlo para bajarlo?? se agradece
Lo dudo que vamos a tener una traduccion muy pronto porque la compania es aleman, y tambien muy pequeno. Supongo que es posible si hay alguien que puede hacerla gratis, pero en otro caso, yo no veo como. Pero, como unos ya dijeron, estoy seguro que es un buen idea para vender el juego en los paises latinoamericanos en que beisbol es popular. Creo que Football Manager vende bien en mexico y sudamerica, no?

-ihatenames
attackemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #11
attackemu
All Star Reserve

dola,

But isn't it possible to edit the xml's of the news stories, etc? So in theory, with enough of a community to work on it, there could be a somewhat Spanish version of the game?

-ihatenames
Old 06-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #12
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackemu View Post
dola,

But isn't it possible to edit the xml's of the news stories, etc? So in theory, with enough of a community to work on it, there could be a somewhat Spanish version of the game?
Most definiately. Some of the core game may be hardcoded, but the xml play by paly at the very least is easily translatable.

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #13
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Spanish is the only other language of baseball, really, based on the numbers of fans for whom it is their primary language. A Spanish version of OOTP would make mucho dinero, si.

I've been meaning to take up Spanish and will soon. For the time being, I really like Google Translate:

Quote:
It's time for a translation into SPANISH!

Q: Hello friends, when a translation into Spanish would come out for the game it would be fantastic, or if anyone knows where to find it for download? Is appreciated.

A: I doubt we'll have a translation soon because the company is German, and also very small. I suppose it's possible if there is someone who can do it free, but otherwise, I do not see how. But, as some have already said, I'm sure is a good idea to sell the game in Latin American countries where baseball is popular. I think Football Manager is selling well in Mexico and South America, right?
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #14
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
Spanish is the only other language of baseball,
Did the interest of the sport in Japan evaporate overnight?

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #15
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed View Post
Did the interest of the sport in Japan evaporate overnight?
Ooops. My friend Myasu is going to be mad at me.

Still, though, based on population numbers as well as geographic demographic distribution, Español would be number 2 in baseball, I think.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #16
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hello friends for when a translation into Spanish would come out of the game, it would be fantastic, or if anyone knows where to find it for download? is appreciated

Well, google can do it!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:59 AM   #17
attackemu
All Star Reserve

I expect Japanese, Chinese and Spanish versions would sell really well. Maybe even a Chinese version for Taiwan.

-ihatenames
Old 06-05-2010, 04:07 AM   #18
attackemu
All Star Reserve

dola,

I know we've got Japanese and Korean posters here and obviously some Spanish-speakers (including myself) so I wonder a) if the game can handle Asian-language characters and b) if we've got enough people here willing to undertake translation projects and c) whether they could maybe be paid gigs for those translators since they'd probably increase the sales of the game pretty substantially.

-ihatenames
Old 06-05-2010, 04:51 AM   #19
myasu
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackemu View Post
dola,

I know we've got Japanese and Korean posters here and obviously some Spanish-speakers (including myself) so I wonder a) if the game can handle Asian-language characters and b) if we've got enough people here willing to undertake translation projects and c) whether they could maybe be paid gigs for those translators since they'd probably increase the sales of the game pretty substantially.
While it is true baseball is very popular in Japan, I do not think the "Stats based text sim baseball games" will be a success over here.
(Most of the Japanese baseball fans do not even know about the stats like OPS, VORP, WHIP, RF, RC, etc...), and do not really appreciate them.
There are some popular baseball simulation games in Japan, but they are all more like roll playing games where things like the characters of the players , or what you sell at the stadiums are more important than the realism of the baseball game itself)

Adding the general trend that the soccer is way more popular among the young people/kids over here would not help...

Bill Spaceman Lee- "The other day they asked me about mandatory drug testing. I said I believed in drug testing a long time ago. All through the sixties I tested everything."
myasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:52 AM   #20
myasu
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
Ooops. My friend Myasu is going to be mad at me.

Still, though, based on population numbers as well as geographic demographic distribution, Español would be number 2 in baseball, I think.
Why would I be mad!
What you say is totally true and accurate, I think.

Bill Spaceman Lee- "The other day they asked me about mandatory drug testing. I said I believed in drug testing a long time ago. All through the sixties I tested everything."
myasu is offline   Reply With Quote