Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #41
ctorg
Global Moderator

I played the first few versions of Mogul, back around the late 90s, early 00s. Back then, OOTP was still pretty unstable and nothing like it is now. Once OOTP took off, though, I left Mogul behind for good.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #42
DaveHorn
All Star Starter

My league was formed by about a dozen BBMO players who were dissatisfied with what it was becoming. First BBMO got hacked and CC#'s were stolen. Then they started losing league history. Enough was enough and bunch of us jumped ship together. That was back in 2003 and we never looked back. Seven years later almost all of us still together playing OOTP.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #43
trreinhard
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Mogul was the first baseball sim I had. I thought it was pretty cool but lacked a lot. Looked around for other baseball sims and found OOTP. OOTP3, which was the first OOTP version I had, was just so far ahead of Mogul. I haven't played Mogul since.
trreinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #44
hopeful1212
Major Leagues

I also started with Mogul, back in 2002 I think. I liked it a lot and I even played in an online league, but things really started going downhill after the credit card database got hacked. Before that there was a nice community, but after there were less and less people playing online and more and more people critical of the game. And of course it didn't help that Clay didn't really improve the game much year to year. I first heard about OOTP on the Mogul forums and gave it a try with version 6. Haven't looked back. It was just much more complete and much more fun.
hopeful1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #45
The Perfect Game
Minors (Single A)

I read the mogul forums but never became a member. I remember seeing your posts on their, Jeffy25. Loved your trade posts.
The Perfect Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #46
vincelewis
Bat Boy

just joined here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphale View Post
I came over from the Mogul darkside as well. While Mogul is a good game, I like having all the options OOTP offers instead of having to wait until a gamer supplies them. With mods like pics, logos, and uniforms, I completely understand. When it comes to basics such as the Rule V draft, split stats, streaks, etc which I consider basic parts of baseball, I think it's inexcusable for them not to be included now.

I held off for the longest time buying OOTP, but I made the jump this year and couldn't be happier. OOTP is so far ahead of Mogul in terms of what I was looking for in a game. Plus, the community over here is more mature and helpful as well. I'll check out the BM board once in a while, but it's still 13 year old kids "screaming" about how their team is better because they said so or you're a doodyhead for not liking the Mets.

Jeffy, I guess the mogul boards did cause them to lose one customer. I'll fully admit the state of their boards caused me to look elsewhere. BUT, I will also thank those rugrats for pushing me over to OOTP which is the best baseball game on the market without peer.
I downloaded OOTP08 or whatever the free version was a week ago to try after being a mogul guy the past several years. I actually became aware of OOTP from their forum. I found )* to not be what I could get through easily, but found a copy of OOTP11 on Amazon for 9.99 plus shipping and went for it. I am really glad that I did, and that I also found this forum to see what you guys are up to.

WOW...I am hooked here, and still appreciate the other guys, but find OOTP to be outstanding. Now if we could only get these guys to do an NFL game I would be VERY happy...
vincelewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #47
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

While searching for APBA for Windows, I came across Mogul 2008 and decided to give it a whirl, and in my very first game, I threw a no hitter with Ray Culp of the 64' Phillies. I was immediately turned off. From there I went back to the internet and found a review for OOTP 8. I bought it and the rest is history.
PhillieFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:51 PM   #48
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincelewis View Post
Now if we could only get these guys to do an NFL game I would be VERY happy...
Welcome, but don't hold your breath while waiting for OOTP (American) Football:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...12-post23.html
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #49
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

I'm sorta like a lot of others in this string....I used to play Mogul back in the day. It was a nice game. It just lacked the reality I wanted.
I played Mogul for a couple years and found out about OOTP3 and bought it. After that I never played any other baseball sim game other than OOTP again.
Man, I have spent a lot of money on OOTP through the years. I bet I'm putting someone's kid through college LOL.

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem. "

Giovani della Casa

"I cannot divine how it happens that the man who knows the least is the most argumentative”
Scottiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #50
reflections
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphale View Post
Thanks, Action. That dynasty was a lot of fun. I just wish it had been done on OOTP now, so I could have kept it going . It's good to see a lot of familiar faces on this board, and I still can't say enough good things about the game and this forum.
Nice to see you bro.
That was definitely one of the best dynasty's I've ever seen. Any chance of you getting one going here? lol
I'm a convert.
Started with mogul...dabbled with csfbl...stayed with mogul...moved on to puresim...and finally came around to OOTP. I had tried OOTP back a few years ago, and it was far too clunky and time consuming...It's far better now. I left Mogul for a few reasons, (the stats, the Y24 problem, and the very severe negative aspect of the forums).
Now that i've been here and seen the Gambo/Spritze db in all it's glory. I'm here to stay.
reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #51
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

I also started with Mogul and moved to OOTP...

I do love Mogul's personality system though...anything that would make it harder for me to dominate (like the personality rules could, keeping me from signing FAs) would be appreciated.

OOTP is awesome as is though...just openly wishing.
szathkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #52
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by szathkey View Post
I also started with Mogul and moved to OOTP...

I do love Mogul's personality system though...anything that would make it harder for me to dominate (like the personality rules could, keeping me from signing FAs) would be appreciated.

OOTP is awesome as is though...just openly wishing.
OOTP has a player personality and player moral mode (user selectable). It's interesting to note that many experienced OOTP players do not like it. I do because it injects an uncertainty into the experience.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #53
nwuhockey
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I still play both mogul and OOTP but got to say I think OOTP is def the real deal when it comes to getting closer to managing in real life. In mogul I feel everytime something is asked for that is in OOTP or in some game, it is ignored and the next version of mogul is just roster updates(somethimes even not correct and have horrid ratings). Plus in the new one the development system is the worst in all the games with players going from 65/82 to 95/100 in a few months. Im not trying to bash on mogul or anything, cause I def love that game and think it is fun to play, as is OOTP, but just the reality and time put into it. I mean i will say Mogul in my mind is alot simpler for league play but i like the realness or OOTP. But the board has killed the life and no one comes on anymore. Its just people who troll and make trouble with no mods. And its ruining a good game.
nwuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #54
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Mogul is the minor leagues while OOTP is the majors.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #55
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
Welcome, but don't hold your breath while waiting for OOTP (American) Football:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...12-post23.html
I would love an OOTP-style NFL game. I've played Front Office Football but the interface didn't do it for me. I have hopes that Wolverine will some day deliver their NFL sim: Wolverine Studios - Home of YOUR Sports Management Games - DDS: Pro Football Manifesto
Old 01-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #56
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Yes, I agree about FOF. Great potential in terms of simulation, but not a good feel in terms of playing. I'm not talking about graphics, just the appearance and user-friendliness of the interface. That can be a fuzzy distinction, I know.

Last edited by 1998 Yankees; 01-09-2011 at 05:37 PM.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #57
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_ View Post
I would love an OOTP-style NFL game. I've played Front Office Football but the interface didn't do it for me. I have hopes that Wolverine will some day deliver their NFL sim: Wolverine Studios - Home of YOUR Sports Management Games - DDS: Pro Football Manifesto
Ditto for me, but I have no hope that anyone will develop such a game in my lifetime.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #58
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
Ditto for me, but I have no hope that anyone will develop such a game in my lifetime.
Eh if there's a market, people will come.

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #59
reflections
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_ View Post

Would love for a great NFL sim (with historical play) to come along with a College Football sim (with historical play) to also be available.
reflections is offline   Reply With Quote