Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:02 PM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Smile Steam users - Please review OOTP 20 :)

Dear Steam users,

if you enjoy the game and can spare a minute or two, we would greatly appreciate it if you'd write a quick review for OOTP 20 on Steam. We are still a avery tiny studio compared to the big guns over there, and every single review helps. Simply go to the OOTP 20 store page, log in and write a couple of sentences

Thank you so much for your support!

Markus & the entire OOTP Team

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 08-15-2019 at 06:20 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:00 AM   #2
old timer
Hall Of Famer

A tad off-topic... I just went to Steam and saw OOTP 20 at the top of "New and Trending". But even better, it's #4 in the Top Selling category. Congratulations!
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 03-23-2019 at 03:13 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:46 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
A tad off-topic... I just went to Steam and saw OOTP 20 at the top of "New and Trending". But even better, it's #4 in the Top Selling category. Congratulations!
Thanks! We were even #1 of the trending section in the US for a while (maybe we still are, at least in Germany we are). And #7 Top seller world wide
Old 03-23-2019, 08:57 AM   #4
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Thanks! We were even #1 of the trending section in the US for a while (maybe we still are, at least in Germany we are). And #7 Top seller world wide

Yeah, it's still #1 trending in the US, but it's now #2 in sales in the US. It seems that sales worldwide has fallen a bit, but to reach #7 worldwide even if for a short while is amazing!
Old 03-23-2019, 10:45 PM   #5
BronxBombers7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Already reviewed it! This is the best OOTP yet!
BronxBombers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:02 PM   #6
Vonschlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just left a review on steam. You an call me a Fan Boy if you want, but this is just the game I have wanted since I was a kid many years ago. I like the fact that they spend time improving performance and improving the AI even more than adding new features.
Vonschlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:09 PM   #7
Viridel
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You don't want me reviewing this, because I am ready to f__king lose it over your idiotic league-creation system and constant rebuilding of databases of individual files.
Viridel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:46 AM   #8
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridel View Post
You don't want me reviewing this, because I am ready to f__king lose it over your idiotic league-creation system and constant rebuilding of databases of individual files.
Well, there is some constructive criticism to draw from ...!

I will only review the game when it actually let's me get over .500 with my team in my quick-and-dirty league. Could be a while.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:11 PM   #9
reo
Minors (Triple A)

Will do when I get home.
Gil Renard: Don't get greedy, son. Don't get greedy. What we need now is a sacrifice. A winning team has to know how to manufacture runs. Coop taught me that. He used to say the most beautiful play in the game is a sacrifice fly, and you know why?
Richie Renard: 'Cause you give yourself up for the team?
Gil Renard: And it doesn't even count against your average. That's why baseball's better than life - it's fair.
reo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:13 PM   #10
Statsman1
Major Leagues

Consider it done.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:14 AM   #11
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanks guys!

Keep'em coming!
Old 03-29-2019, 11:16 PM   #12
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Done,

Another great release and I am truly enjoying it.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:36 AM   #13
Gutie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just nuke my post if possible please, I'll find somewhere to post my comment elsewhere.

Last edited by Gutie; 05-09-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Gutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:55 AM   #14
Pyrophoros
Bat Boy

I will gladly post a review once I can find out how to load a league I have successfully restored. I get the message saying, "Successfully restored the backup set" and the total number of files match. However, when I return to the load game screen, the restored game is not present. If there was one feature I desperately wish you had, it would be incorporating the Steam Cloud saves so that I could switch between desktop and laptop games easily. Thank you for any assistance on getting my game loaded. I'm thoroughly addicted to OOTP 20.
Pyrophoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:58 AM   #15
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophoros View Post
I will gladly post a review once I can find out how to load a league I have successfully restored. I get the message saying, "Successfully restored the backup set" and the total number of files match. However, when I return to the load game screen, the restored game is not present. If there was one feature I desperately wish you had, it would be incorporating the Steam Cloud saves so that I could switch between desktop and laptop games easily. Thank you for any assistance on getting my game loaded. I'm thoroughly addicted to OOTP 20.
This post may get noticed here, but it’s always a good idea to post in the bug reports forum.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:36 PM   #16
Pyrophoros
Bat Boy

I would have posted it to Bug Reports, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't actually a Bug, but rather a need for an explanation about something which functions perfectly once someone knows how to go about it. I understand why you commented as such, but it is currently affecting how I'm planning on reviewing the game on Steam. After considerable time spent looking online for answers, this seemed most relevant to both topics. Thanks!
Pyrophoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:37 AM   #17
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophoros View Post
If you used the in-game restore function, the league should just load with the same name as the original league. So basically, it's just in the specific save you have open, while doing the restore process. Is that clear enough? Not sure I explained it as well as I could, so any questions or trouble, feel free to ask for more details.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:20 AM   #18
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

A friendly bump & reminder Every single review on Steam helps us guys. So if you could spare two minutes and review the game, even if it's just 1 or 2 sentences, we'd greatly appreciate it. Simply go to the OOTP 20 store page, log in and write a couple of sentences

Thank you!!
Old 08-20-2019, 02:02 AM   #19
Zundar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I couldn't get the Steam version to work. Just about every time I installed it I would get a list of various databases that didn't load. The few times I was able to load a game it would crash during the first season, then the game wouldn't load again. I finally gave up and ordered it form the internet.
Zundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:02 AM   #20
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundar View Post
I couldn't get the Steam version to work. Just about every time I installed it I would get a list of various databases that didn't load. The few times I was able to load a game it would crash during the first season, then the game wouldn't load again. I finally gave up and ordered it form the internet.
That is very strange. Did you contact our support? It looks like the Steam version did not install as the admin user for you.