Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 01-07-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
Neasag
Minors (Double A)

Fictional 14 team quickstart, all minors, INT, 45 years of history

Download (500+ mbs, sorry): http://www.mediafire.com/file/jttlek...quick.rar/file

This is now a 5 year-old game I've had going over multiple versions of OOTP. I've tried to make new fictional leagues but I always end up going back to this one. I shared a quickstart back in 2016, and I figured I'd share an updated version. It's definitely not for historical enthusiasts though, since it has used modern rules since the beginning and has an ultramodern visual aesthetic.

Included leagues:
Borealia (playable)
Major Pacific Baseball (ML), 2 SL, 7 teams in each SL. DH enabled in both leagues (horror!)
136 games, with interleague play.
All levels of minor league. Short-season A is known as R+ in this universe.
One 6-team indie league, starts season later than the majors.

Australia/NZ (not designed as playable)
*6-team International league, roughly AA+ level
*Class-A level minor league reserved for Aus/NZ players
*Class-A level minor league open to foreigners

British Columbia (not designed as playable)
*6-team International league, roughly AA+ level
*A- level minor league

Hawaii (not designed as playable)
4-team International league, roughly A+ level/old-timers

Fictional Country Background:
Borealia is located in the North Pacific, below the Bering Strait and roughly equidistant from B.C. and Japan. The island was discovered on one of Captain Cook's voyages, but was also claimed and partially colonised by the Dutch East India Company. Most residents are of British (especially Scots and Welsh) or Dutch descent, and the two populations have not always gotten along very well, having fought a civil war in the late 19th century partially triggered by bad blood over the Boer War in South Africa.

Borealia was one of the few British Empire possessions involved in a protracted land war during the Second World War. Much of the West Coast was devastated by a Japanese invasion in 1940 and the subsequent reconquest. Fighting in western Borealia lasted until 1945, the year the MPB was founded.

League History:
Baseball never really made it to the United States as a mainstream sport, in this fictional history. Instead, immigrants from the Netherlands and South Wales (see above) brought bat and ball games to Borealia, which became the gravitational centre of Baseball, exporting it to other Anglophone regions of the Pacific, mainly Aus/NZ and the West Coast of Canada.

The MPB, the first fully pro-league, was hastily founded by the Borealian federal government as a crown corporation in the dying days of the Second World War, and as a make-work project for vets, in hopes of raising morale as the oft-divided nation began to rebuild. The league included several franchises on the West Coast, such as Cathays and Derry, despite geographical distance and the fact that the cities were almost totally leveled and depopulated.

The government-run league enjoyed popularity for some time, but by the late 1970s, competition from imported sports such as hockey and soccer began to take its toll. The league's terrible branding didn't help (teams were all arbitrarily named after random birds by a federal intern in a single evening in 1945, with little thought to making them relevant to the cities they were hosted by).

In 1981, the league announced a two-year privatization, re-branding and expansion plan, and in 1983 the "Birdball Era" ended, with team ownership and branding rights being transferred to fan committees and private moguls. Most franchises opted for a re-name and a new look, and the league expanded to two additional cities.

MPB Teams preview:

Western League

ADDINGTON ALBATROSS
Reasonably rich team, but without much recent success. Blew it up and rebuilt last year.

NEW CARDIFF WILDCATS
Forgettable last season, but has decent money and a number of up-and-coming young stars.

LAMBRECHT ROOSTERS

Narrowly missed the playoffs last year. Mediocre batters, but veteran starters and a terrifying bullpen, if they can keep it in the off-season.

CANNING HUSKIES

Mediocre last season. Not the biggest market, and no depth at all. A two-man team composed of Dustin Blackwell and John Vanderleyden. Holds the league's longest championship drought, last winning in 1952.

CATHAYS ORIENTALS

A bankrupt mega-dynasty, coming off a insanely dominant last decade and a half, to the point of having made the league boring. Money problems have finally caught up, and they will have difficulty retaining their stars in the long-term.

DERRY CELTICS

With fellow laughing-stock Clevedon's first championship last year, long-suffering Derry takes over as the league's most futile joke.

RIOUTON SAILORS

An expansion miracle, which managed two championships in '89 and '90 after joining the league in 1983. Like Cathays, money will probably be a problem in the future, but for now the team is pretty strong.

Eastern League

NEW BRISTOL METROS

A rich big-market team. Has generally under-performed historically, but made a playoff push last year and looks to be on the upswing.

NEW BRISTOL RAIDERS

Historically mismanaged, and like its crosstown rival, has usually under-performed. Coming off a bottom-feeding season, but at least it's got cash.

CLEVEDON CARDINALS
The defending champions for the first time in its history. Was previously the only original franchise without one. A few star players, but saddled with aging Ed Coenradt's boat-anchor contract.

MARTIN BAY SHARKS
A successful franchise back in the 60s, and seems to be regaining form. Made the playoffs last year thanks to triple-crown winner Nelson Alport.

BURNEY BELLS
Historically one of the more successful franchises in the East, it has a pretty deep lineup and should at least be a contender next year.

HARRIS RAVENS
Like Burney, one of the more successful eastern franchises. Fell apart late last year in an epic choke. Good pitchers, a star LF, but lacking a bit in batting depth.

GLAMORGAN MINERS
Before expansion, Glamorgan was home to a AAA team. It still is. Known jokingly as the Glamorgan "Minors". Fluked into the playoffs in its second season, but has lived in the basement ever since.

Last edited by Neasag; 01-09-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Neasag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:13 PM   #2
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

this is pretty sweet. started it up and am actually expanding with two more teams and playing as one. i have one wuestion tho. how come the best pitcher in league history, by far, only won 3 pitcher of the year awards haha
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:43 PM   #3
Neasag
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPedro99 View Post
this is pretty sweet. started it up and am actually expanding with two more teams and playing as one. i have one wuestion tho. how come the best pitcher in league history, by far, only won 3 pitcher of the year awards haha
No clue. It got named after him later, so I guess that makes up for it.

P.S. I am planning on expanding soon in my own game, I made a logo and uniform for the "Douglas Ermines", available in the nickname project thread.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:41 AM   #4
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Very cool concept, will definitely check it out. Thanks for sharing.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:22 AM   #5
Pjm8804
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you for sharing this! I played the previous MPB QuickStart you posted and really enjoyed it. Look forward to playing this one.
Pjm8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:56 PM   #6
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

very cool, playing around with it now, what is the O'Quaine award for? I see it was only given out once in 1980

Moved the flag into the right folder , any other changes to make?

why do you set the cash max to be $2m?

Last edited by Ramzavail; 01-11-2019 at 11:16 PM.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:32 PM   #7
Neasag
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
very cool, playing around with it now, what is the O'Quaine award for? I see it was only given out once in 1980

Moved the flag into the right folder , any other changes to make?

why do you set the cash max to be $2m?
It was a random award I thought up but didn't continue to give out, too much of a pain. I made the flag after creating the quickstart, so I guess I didn't put it in the right place. Oops.

Cash max was set because at one time, teams were making excessive profits, so it capped the money overflow a bit. It's probably obsolete now.

Last edited by Neasag; 01-12-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:00 PM   #8
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

yeah, its a pain if you want to sim 45 years bc the game won't automatically do it for you.

gotcha about the cash max, I'll take it off.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:02 PM   #9
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

Arbitration is looking a bit weird. All the top players are looking at huge raises (over $10m) but Super star salaries are at $3.6m in the settings. Hmm...
Old 01-12-2019, 08:03 PM   #10
Neasag
Minors (Double A)

That's weird, they weren't doing that for me. I've played a season since the quick start with normal arbitration demands. Check to make sure inflation isn't set to something odd.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:09 PM   #11
Neasag
Minors (Double A)

Try withdrawing arbitration offers and offering something near the normal salaries. I actually remember having a similar issue now. When the game was imported to 19 while arbitration was active, the arbitration offers reset to modern mlb numbers. Must be a bug in the importation process. I had to manually offer reasonable sums.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:17 PM   #12
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

Inflation is 0% but I do see Global Financial Coefficient at 2.000 - maybe thats it.

I didn't change any settings. I will change the GFC to 1.000, maybe thats it.

Edit: Thats not it, and I think I made it worse.

Edit2: I've made it much much worse now lol. I think I'll need to restart the quickstart, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Edit3: Restarted and this is what it looks like right out the gate. Look at Brouwers and Mekville. Not clue how to fix that.

Last edited by Ramzavail; 01-12-2019 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:22 AM   #13
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

I withdrew from all of arbitration and looks like that worked.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:54 PM   #14
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
I withdrew from all of arbitration and looks like that worked.
What do you mean by withdrew from all arbitration?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:25 AM   #15
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

I withdraw every players arb bid and just tried to sign them outside of arbitration.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:14 PM   #16
Pjm8804
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I simmed forward to the start of 1992 season and took over a team at that time. I did not see any issues. I reviewed the players who went through arbitration and everything looked normal. Once again, thank you for sharing this quick start!
Pjm8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:43 PM   #17
Neasag
Minors (Double A)

When I have the time, I'll re-upload the quickstart with (hopefully) fixed financial coefficient and arbitration.

This sounds like some kind of bug TBH, probably with the importation process. Weird how it's different for some people.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:51 AM   #18
gRaider2001
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for creating this quickstart. I just downloaded it and it is very nice.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:18 AM   #19
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Totally gonna check this out very cool idea, love a fictional country league of course!
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote