Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 09-20-2018, 02:42 AM   #1
BearsFan4Life
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question Wanna put Joe Bauman on my modern MLB team

Hey all, I am doing a 2018 season with an MLB expansion team. I would like to put the historical minor league home run champ Joe Bauman on my team. I know he is in the game in the 1947 season I believe, but I can't figure out how to move him to the modern rosters so I can put him on a modern team. I don't want to put any other historical players in my game, just him.
BearsFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:20 AM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Joe Bauman never played in the majors, so he cannot be imported into the game. He can only appear in a game with historical minors enabled during the time period in which he played.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:54 AM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Joe Bauman never played in the majors, so he cannot be imported into the game. He can only appear in a game with historical minors enabled during the time period in which he played.
Orcin, could Bears create one of the seasons Bauman played, look at all his OOTP ratings and use those to manually create Bauman in his league? I mean even if Bauman did have major league experience, bringing him into a fictional setting(2018) would mean bringing in the ratings and letting OOTP development take over. But, I've never tried this kind of thing, so I may be way off base.

Last edited by David Watts; 09-20-2018 at 12:30 PM.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:14 PM   #4
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Wouldn't cloning him work?
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:25 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

can't clone, since it'd be sourced from a different league or a historical player import, if possible or not for a mil-only player that exists in the DB. i don't see why not, but who knows.

screenshot the player's Editor page with commisioner mode on. may take a couple snapshots to cover all the info, unless a 4k reso shows it all?

hopefully there's some way to make the in-game historical player import work for that guy... i mean he exists in the db, he has all the required bits there. play around with it a bit.

he's got a bbref id -- bauman001joe

Last edited by NoOne; 09-20-2018 at 12:28 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:00 PM   #6
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
can't clone, since it'd be sourced from a different league or a historical player import, if possible or not for a mil-only player that exists in the DB. i don't see why not, but who knows.

screenshot the player's Editor page with commisioner mode on. may take a couple snapshots to cover all the info, unless a 4k reso shows it all?

hopefully there's some way to make the in-game historical player import work for that guy... i mean he exists in the db, he has all the required bits there. play around with it a bit.

you'd need to make certain to include minor league database is checked if he never made it to the majors.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:53 PM   #7
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post

If you know a way, let’s here it. Otherwise, I maintain he can’t be imported.

David’s idea would work.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:31 PM   #8
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I have not tried this but I have always meant to....

1) create yourself a directory
2) copy the minor league ODB file there
3) rename that file to match the major league ODB file
4) import from there

This used to work for the Spritze database. The game was too dumb to know it was being fooled.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:33 PM   #9
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

i just tried to import him into a fictional world, 1918.
Used the game's historical player import tool (on Free Agent page)/ Clicked historical database as my base to be used. checked include minor league database. typed the year (1918) and typed the name: bauman001joe.
clicked import and he showed up as a 22 year old 1B. his history shows 1941 (as a 45 yrs old?)- then a gap for WWlI and then 1946 to 1948 (as 52 yrs old - i think that's because i imported him into the game in 1918. if you bring him into a modfern world, those will obviously be different age.)

i do not know why this would not work for a historical game, but i didn't try it. As i understand (which may or may not be correct) if they are in the database, they can be imported to any year or type of game. It's not really different than random debut idea a lot of players use.

Try it and let us know if it works for you.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen

Last edited by mitchkenn; 09-20-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:00 PM   #10
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

tried a new game - created 2017 modern world, no minors (so it would load/create faster). had to be in commish mode to be able to import players and that tab to show up on the free agent page. tried to import Bauman same as above, historical db, check minors odb to be included in search - using games historical player import tool. he shows up as a catcher, but because i had no minors in creation, he did not show up with any minor league history. His minor league player id did appear, as well as bauman001joe used to import him.
so i think it works..... or should/could/might ??? let us know. if he shows up as a C rather than 1B, in commish mode you can edit him as correction would be necessary.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 09-20-2018 at 06:36 PM.