Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-12-2018, 11:32 PM   #1
kayber1976
Minors (Single A)

keeping track of your minor leagues

okay so I'm in an online league, this is my 3rd season and I'm having a difficult time keeping track of my minor leagues. I never know who to drop, move around or lock to roster. I tried spreadsheets but it's too hard to keep track with injuries. What do you guys to, I do shortlist.
kayber1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:55 PM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

How many levels of minors are there?

To be honest, you could pretty much totally ignore your minor leagues and be in decent shape.

90% of your minors are never going to impact the big league. A good idea is to keep an eye on your top prospects, and force start them or whatever to ensure they get adequate playing time.

I would check in on my minors once a month and consider moving up or down anyone who is just totally inept at that level or who is totally dominating that level. Honestly you don’t even need to do it that often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2018, 09:10 AM   #3
kayber1976
Minors (Single A)

well I have the mets so we have a bunch of minors
kayber1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #4
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

I use Short Lists, I have one for guys I drafted that current season, I usually add the top 15 to 20 guys to that list and keep track of them throughout the season. I have two AZL teams, one I use for guys under 20 and one for guys 20 and over (with a few exceptions to cover injuries or a surplus of a position). I also have a Top Prospects list where I move guys to after they have played at least one season and usually check that one every 2-3 weeks and make appropriate promotions/demotions as needed. I will trim that list at the end of the season once a guy is no longer a prospect, traded or in the majors. It has worked ok for me, but it took me a little time to get it down to where it all makes sense to me.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:59 AM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

1month is a good amount if not sure.. . like when i put an 18-20 year old in A ball or higher, i may check back in at next scouting report.

stats do cue me to do things, but i weigh ratings changes overtime more importantly. so, if they are hitting .220 with an ops+ of 70, but their ratings are skyrocketing, i don't give 2 cents. if they are hitting poorly and stagnating, i demote -- mostly only for players that may be "too young" for that league, in my experience.

if you scouting reports are bi-monthly, don't bother checking back. without new ratings you can't do much.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote