Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 10-18-2016, 09:42 PM   #1
CaseIH
Bat Boy

? about OOTP17

Hi, new here to this site, but not to OOTP, as I have OOTP15. I really enjoy 15, but was wondering if 17 is that much better than 15, that its worth the 40$ to buy? Money is extremely tight for my wife and I, as I have major health issues, so I no longer am able to work, so for us now 40$ is quite a bit of money for us. Basically games is the only thing that keeps me sane, along with God, because I have farmed my whole life, so being stuck in a house 24 hours a day don't sit well with me, and I need things to occupy my mind.

So it would be great if people could tell me all the benefits of 17 that's makes it so much better than 15? Again I enjoy 15, and I like the fact that players can be suspended, which I think was taken out when OOTP got the MLB license for logos, but I might be wrong on that, seems I heard that when 16 came out and why I didn't buy it. Any help and info would be appreciated, thanks.
CaseIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:28 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Suspensions weren't taken out of the game, only drug suspensions. That's a licensing thing and nothing OOTP can do about it.

Why not download the Demo for 17 and have a look around for yourself? Then you can make an informed decision whether you should spend the $40.

Take care, hope your health improves quickly.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:51 AM   #3
Corbin
Minors (Rookie Ball)

They usually have a sale when the World Series starts (10/25). If you wait six more days, you should be able to get the game much cheaper.
Corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:31 PM   #4
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

I think it's worth it for sure. if money is tight, pick up the '16 version. There's not a huge difference between the two, unless you play historical

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:21 PM   #5
CaseIH
Bat Boy

Glad to here it was just drug suspensions taken out, and not all suspension. Glad to here than the price drops right after the WS, maybe it will drop enough to where it would make more sense for me to buy it.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #6
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, that's what I would do. Keep playing 15 until the World Series sale is announced, then see if the sale price is within your budget.

For the record, OOTP also tends to have an All-Star game sale as well.

Best wishes to you, and here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:28 PM   #7
CaseIH
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Yeah, that's what I would do. Keep playing 15 until the World Series sale is announced, then see if the sale price is within your budget.

For the record, OOTP also tends to have an All-Star game sale as well.

Best wishes to you, and here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for the info, and the wishes. Definitely plan to watch for the price drop and see if it gets low enough, to where I feel I can buy it, and not feel guilty about it, with my wife having to work as much as she does to try an make ends meet.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:37 PM   #8
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Make sure to root for the Cubs while you're at it.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:29 AM   #9
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

I think the best bet is to download the demo as another poster already mentioned. I have an older computer and bought OOTP17 and was disappointed that facegens do not work with my system. Also like others have already mentioned, sales will be coming up soon.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:42 PM   #10
CaseIH
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
Make sure to root for the Cubs while you're at it.

That wont happen, I hate the Cubs with a passion, always have always will. Raised a Reds fan and to hate the Cubs Then I went out and married a Cubs fan, go figure

I will say a couple things about the Cubs, got to give their fans credit, it has be be difficult to root for the team thats the biggest joke in all of sports for its futility, especially considering its a big market team, yet they havent win a WS for 107 yrs, and havent even played in a WS since 1945, but their fans are loyal.
Also have to say this Cubs team does have some good guy that I have a lot of respect for like Bryant, and Rizzo, and of course David Ross, they just dont get better than Rossy.
Still dont want them to win it all, but I do find it harder to hate them so much with the guys I mentioned being on their team.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:07 AM   #11
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH View Post
That wont happen, I hate the Cubs with a passion, always have always will. Raised a Reds fan and to hate the Cubs
Good man!

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 10-25-2016, 02:26 PM   #12
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

OOTP is $9.99… better jump on this deal now.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:39 PM   #13
JungleJim99
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up!!! I just bought OOTP17 and immediately started a replay of the 1973 World Series (was an Oakland A's fan as a kid). A's lost game one when Tom Seaver hit a grand slam in the 2nd!
Old 10-25-2016, 08:54 PM   #14
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Or...wait until November 2nd

SPTT team