Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-26-2016, 02:36 PM   #1
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

Question about Historical Changes for a Team

Need the historical experts here...

I'm doing a complete replay of history as the Brooklyn Franchise. I'm using recalc on the players, I'm letting the game progress history in all strategy, player creation, and financial areas.

Now I want everything to advance as it did in history with the exception of one thing. I don't want the Dodgers to leave Brooklyn. I actually want to build them O'Malley's domed stadium when it comes time for that move. How can I progress everything else the same as history did after that point but keep the Dodgers in Brooklyn AND keep the stadium I give them?

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB
GM of the OMLB New Jersey Pioneers

Commissioner of the NBBU
GM of theNBBU Hoboken Knickerbockers
Follow the NBBU Dynasty Thread Here.

Last edited by Eddie Paxil; 04-26-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Eddie Paxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:55 PM   #2
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Paxil View Post
How can I progress everything else the same as history did after that point but keep the Dodgers in Brooklyn AND keep the stadium I give them?
Turn off league evolution and make all the changes yourself in commissioner mode.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:23 PM   #3
1994WSChamps
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I like Eddie want all the changes to take place but one (Expos moving to Washington in 2005). If I turn off league evolution at the end of the 2004 season and turn it back on in 2005, will it keep them in Montreal or will the move be forced a year later?
1994WSChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #4
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The move will go through, because historical evolution uses the teams.csv file. Starting from 2005, that file has the team with the "MON" historical id moving to Washington. In 2006, 2007, etc. it will check to make sure that team is named the Washington Nationals and if it's not, it will change it.

You'd have to edit the teams.csv (I'd suggest making a backup copy of the file first) in Excel to change all the instances of the Washington Nationals back to Montreal Expos. It's not hard to do, just fidgety.

Since the Expos move was the last franchise shift (and the Astros move to the AL is the only league evolution move since then), if I were you I'd just turn historical evo off in 2004 and leave it off, making the Astros move manually in commish mode.

The Dodgers - yeah, if you don't want them to move, but want everything else to happen (Giants, Senators (both), Athletics, expansion, free agency, etc. - I don't see any way to do that without changing the teams.csv file.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:55 AM   #5
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Turn off league evolution and make all the changes yourself in commissioner mode.
That's going to stop ALL evolution. He said he wants everything to proceed except the Dodgers move.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 04-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #6
thehef
Hall Of Famer

If you are using real transactions (and want players like Garvey, Hershiser, Piazza to import to the Brooklyn Dodgers, and Harper, Desmond, Strasburg to import to the Montreal Expos), then when you edit the teams.csv file, you'll need to leave the Team ID as is. In other words, although you'd edit the Dodgers entries in the teams.csv file so the team remains the Brooklyn Dodgers from 1958 on, you'd need to leave the Team ID as LAN.

I haven't done this in awhile and don't have the teams.csv file in front of me, so the above may not be 100% accurate, but that's the gist of it. I would recommend fully testing it out before committing time on a perfect OOTP setup
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:51 PM   #7
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
If you are using real transactions (and want players like Garvey, Hershiser, Piazza to import to the Brooklyn Dodgers, and Harper, Desmond, Strasburg to import to the Montreal Expos), then when you edit the teams.csv file, you'll need to leave the Team ID as is.
I am NOT using real transactions. Does that change things?

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB

Commissioner of the NBBU
Old 04-27-2016, 08:01 PM   #8
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
That's going to stop ALL evolution. He said he wants everything to proceed except the Dodgers move.
Indeed. That's why I said that he should make all the necessary changes himself.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:12 AM   #9
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Indeed. That's why I said that he should make all the necessary changes himself.
Which is a lot more work for what he wants than changing teams.csv would be, plus you'd have to remember to make all the changes and not forget to do any of them.

SPTT team

Old 04-28-2016, 01:14 AM   #10
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am NOT using real transactions. Does that change things?
Makes it a little bit easier if all players are going to random teams, yes.

SPTT team

Old 04-28-2016, 07:44 AM   #11
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

Quote:

You'd have to edit the teams.csv (I'd suggest making a backup copy of the file first) in Excel to change all the instances of the Washington Nationals back to Montreal Expos. It's not hard to do, just fidgety.
So I opened up the team.csv file just to have a look. Seems straight forward. So I edit everything having to do with LA from 1958 on. I did noticed that there is nothing that actually says "city." I'm assuming that in just changing the team name that takes care of that?

Just a couple of more questions, sorry guys.

I'm assuming BPF and PPF are Batter park factors and Pitcher park factors so adjust those for the stadium I build?

Also what are these and do I edit them?

teamIDBR, teamIDlahman45, & & teamIDretro.

One of them has to do with layman's db just don't know how.

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB

Commissioner of the NBBU
Old 04-28-2016, 07:47 AM   #12
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Which is a lot more work for what he wants than changing teams.csv would be, plus you'd have to remember to make all the changes and not forget to do any of them.
Yes, what Eddie wants is possible but it's not easy. Life is like that sometimes.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:11 AM   #13
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

And it's a hell of a lot easier with modifying teams.csv then making all the changes by hand.

I'm done. Thanks for the condescension.

SPTT team

Last edited by BigRed75; 04-28-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:28 AM   #14
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I opened up the team.csv file just to have a look. Seems straight forward. So I edit everything having to do with LA from 1958 on. I did noticed that there is nothing that actually says "city." I'm assuming that in just changing the team name that takes care of that?

Just a couple of more questions, sorry guys.

I'm assuming BPF and PPF are Batter park factors and Pitcher park factors so adjust those for the stadium I build?

Also what are these and do I edit them?

teamIDBR, teamIDlahman45, & & teamIDretro.

One of them has to do with layman's db just don't know how.
Yes on the BPF and PPF

Adjust the Park Name in teams.csv to O'Malley Stadium or whatever you call it so the game can find it.

I think teamIDBR may be Baseball-Reference, regardless, don't worry about changing them. The one you want to change is TeamID (third column of the spreadsheet) to make sure the abbreviation on the players' history stays as BRO instead of LAN.

Changing the team name will take care of the city, yes.

If I may offer a suggestion - once you think you've got it the way you want it, make a backup of your save game, then restore a new save game from the backup (so saved under a different name) and autoplay out 20 years or so to make sure the teams.csv is doing what you want it to.

Also (and this is really important with the new patch coming out) - since teams.csv is a global file, any new historical replay you create will use that data (so the Dodgers will never move in other historical replays) unless you rename the backup copy of teams.csv you made back to teams.csv (and then rename the other one something like teams_no_la_dodgers.csv so you know where to find it if you need it again).

Finally, it's a good idea to save a copy of the file you changed on your desktop or documents folder in case the new patch overwrites teams.csv when you install it (which can happen). In fact, I'm going to do that right now with mine while I'm thinking about it.

I think that's all the caveats.

SPTT team

Old 04-28-2016, 07:11 PM   #15
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If I may offer a suggestion - once you think you've got it the way you want it, make a backup of your save game, then restore a new save game from the backup (so saved under a different name) and autoplay out 20 years or so to make sure the teams.csv is doing what you want it to.

Finally, it's a good idea to save a copy of the file you changed on your desktop or documents folder in case the new patch overwrites teams.csv when you install it (which can happen).
Sage advise. Not to be overlooked
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote