Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #41
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

Have to say I'm very disappointed iOOTP14 doesn't make any important changes to how the ballgames are presented. Two things that would improve the experience enormously: Pitch location / type indicator, and Ball In Play graphics. Two elements from OOTP that, transported to iOOTP, would make watching games much more interesting. As it currently stands, it's just too sterile. I can sit on the edge of my seat watching OOTP ballgames play out. iOOTP games feel so lifeless by comparison.
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #42
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman2575 View Post
Have to say I'm very disappointed iOOTP14 doesn't make any important changes to how the ballgames are presented. Two things that would improve the experience enormously: Pitch location / type indicator, and Ball In Play graphics. Two elements from OOTP that, transported to iOOTP, would make watching games much more interesting. As it currently stands, it's just too sterile. I can sit on the edge of my seat watching OOTP ballgames play out. iOOTP games feel so lifeless by comparison.
Please keep in mind that iOOTP is not intended as a full version of OOTP on an iPhone/iPad. Screen-Size is very critical and adding Pitch location / type to the small screen of an iPhone 4 might just not be possible.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #43
curtneedsaride
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
WOW! Yeah, ball in play graphics would be cool. Football Manager Handheld series published by Sega uses little dots for players and shows highlights in a top-down view. So, during the commentary every now and then a highlight will take you to a top-down screen and you watch an intense moment. That would be cool translated to this game!
curtneedsaride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:47 AM   #44
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Please keep in mind that iOOTP is not intended as a full version of OOTP on an iPhone/iPad. Screen-Size is very critical and adding Pitch location / type to the small screen of an iPhone 4 might just not be possible.
Makes perfect sense, and I totally understand that iOOTP has to operate with lots of limitations not present in OOTP. (Whenever I see the "OOTP14 version for tablets?" threads, I just think, "Man, do you have any idea of just how huge OOTP is?" Yeah, I'd probably kill to be able to play full OOTP on my iPad, but tablets still have a long way to evolve before that would be possible, I would think.)

Playing iOOTP on my iPad, though, I always feel like the existing ballgame graphics waste a lot of screen real estate. I would much, much prefer if iOOTP could port over the smaller, simpler "webcast" diamond and pitch indicator from OOTP.

I guess smart phones are the real limiting factor here. Seems the above could easily work on iPad, but on iPhone....

Still, do lots of folks play iOOTP on their iPhones? I can't even begin to see how you would.
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #45
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Makes perfect sense, and I totally understand that iOOTP has to operate with lots of limitations not present in OOTP. (Whenever I see the "OOTP14 version for tablets?" threads, I just think, "Man, do you have any idea of just how huge OOTP is?" Yeah, I'd probably kill to be able to play full OOTP on my iPad, but tablets still have a long way to evolve before that would be possible, I would think.)

Playing iOOTP on my iPad, though, I always feel like the existing ballgame graphics waste a lot of screen real estate. I would much, much prefer if iOOTP could port over the smaller, simpler "webcast" diamond and pitch indicator from OOTP.

I guess smart phones are the real limiting factor here. Seems the above could easily work on iPad, but on iPhone....

Still, do lots of folks play iOOTP on their iPhones? I can't even begin to see how you would.
It's good to play on the iphone on the subway ride to work. I won't sit down and play it at home, unless if my subway ride home got me to game 6 of the World Series, and I need to finish it off, or if I don't want to sit in front of my computer. But it's got enough there to be fun. But yeah, there really isn't any more space available in-game.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:56 AM   #46
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I'm pretty sure more people play it "on the go" on their phones then on the iPad. But as we saw with the iPhone 5, screen-size gets bigger, so let's wait what Apple has in store in the future.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:31 PM   #47
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

I use it (iphone) on train rides to and from work, and on lunch break everyday. It's pretty good as is for what it is...
Old 04-17-2014, 11:40 PM   #48
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

If iphone processors and screens continue getting bigger and faster, then I would start expecting a bit more visually.
But for now, the depth I get in this portable is more than amazing. I wouldn't trade the depth and playability for graphics( yet).