Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #181
hopeful1212
Major Leagues

Just got my league set up and starting the first day of spring training in real-time sim mode...

First impression? The Live Game Webcast is AWESOME!
hopeful1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #182
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Would be nice if the next patch could improve how the AI handles minor leagues. I want to just set the depth charts and call-ups to auto except for locking my key prospects but the ai constantly gives me rosters with two outfielders and four 3B and has half the guys with no backup playing until they drop dead. Having to micromanage six different minor league rosters is not fun
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #183
DrG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Achievements question

In the achievements, they seem to all have a name, but no real description, so sometimes it may not be obvious as to what triggered it. For instance, I have a "Slugger" achievement which looks like more than 1 HR in a game by a single player and "Strike 3", which looks like 10+ K's for a pitcher in a single game. It lists the date of first achievement and a player stat line for each. Is there a way to add a line to further describe what the achievement ACTUALLY is? (i.e. 10+ K's by pitcher in game, 2+ HR by batter in game). Haven't gotten many yet and they seem obvious enough, but once you get a bunch, it might be harder to decipher.

Thanks,
Greg
DrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #184
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

I must say, the more I see the new background to the initial game loading screen, the more I like it. All those newspaper box score cut-outs really capture the spirit of the game, I think.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #185
chasiv
Bat Boy

Angry Buyers beware

Simply put.. This game was simply not ready for release. It crashes often and you'll lose any progress if it crashes.

NOT SATISFIED!
chasiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #186
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

I know several posters have had the crash problem, and it really sucks that you have. But to call the game completely unprepared for release, due to a problem that really could not have been foreseen (especially given that the exact cause hasn't been found yet to the best of my knowledge), is overkill.

Perhaps if you report that you are also having this issue and FTP your game file to Markus, it will help solve the problem (assuming you have not already done this).
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #187
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Let's keep the focus on the reporting of bugs, minus the vitriol. Obviously, Markus will do his best to zero in on any crash problems, but he's powerless without league files. In the thousands of posts with feedback, both reporting bugs and praising the game, the severe problem has been all but non-existent. olivertheorem is right. If the problem is that critical, submit the league files with your explanatory comment. Beyond that expect NO replies, conversation, or assistance with this kind of approach going forward.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #188
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivertheorem View Post
I must say, the more I see the new background to the initial game loading screen, the more I like it. All those newspaper box score cut-outs really capture the spirit of the game, I think.
I agree 100%. I that screen

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-19-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #189
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Re: Post your OOTP 14 impressions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Let's keep the focus on the reporting of bugs, minus the vitriol. Obviously, Markus will do his best to zero in on any crash problems, but he's powerless without league files. In the thousands of posts with feedback, both reporting bugs and praising the game, the severe problem has been all but non-existent. olivertheorem is right. If the problem is that critical, submit the league files with your explanatory comment. Beyond that expect NO replies, conversation, or assistance with this kind of approach going forward.
For the life of me I can't reproduce the crashes. I have had a cocomish of mine have a crash /error on importing of the game from 13 to 14 we are upgrading from 12. And obviously I encouraged him to provide files , but seeing all the posts that are random to when the crash happens WE have to have filed period no other way to find a bug that happens randomly . So the more users that ftp the files the better and quicker the issue is fixed .

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #190
effigies
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but the ability to offer minor league contract from the right-click menu on the FA screen is my favorite time-saving feature of the new release. Double-plus good.
effigies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #191
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivertheorem View Post
I know several posters have had the crash problem, and it really sucks that you have. But to call the game completely unprepared for release, due to a problem that really could not have been foreseen (especially given that the exact cause hasn't been found yet to the best of my knowledge), is overkill.

Perhaps if you report that you are also having this issue and FTP your game file to Markus, it will help solve the problem (assuming you have not already done this).

Maybe this game itself is overkill!!! Every year they add more stuff to it. With all the changes this release, how could it not have issues? I also learned something about pre-ordering. Why? What for? I'll wait anymore for the bugs to be worked out. Pre-order so you can't play it? LOL No more. I'll wait and then decide if I want to buy it. If it crashed multiple times for you, you'd say it was unprepared, too.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #192
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasiv View Post
Simply put.. This game was simply not ready for release. It crashes often and you'll lose any progress if it crashes.

NOT SATISFIED!

Totally agree!!! I'm not playing it until it's fixed. And if the people who the game works for don't like people bashing it, tough.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #193
js1519
Minors (Triple A)

Love it and great for sleepless nights

Another great game again this year, has already kept me up enough but added bonus when I can play all night because of insomnia. I've been playing since OOTP 8 and every year just gets better. I actually struggle between playing iOOTP 13 and this every day now depending on my mood lol. All involved in this game are awesome, appreciate the hard work guys
js1519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #194
cbaldwi1
Bat Boy

First time I've played this game, been going for a few days, and I'm having, well, a few problems.

a) My team strikes out all the time. In fact, I see players in general striking out way too much, I don't think I've faced a reliever than less than 1 strikeout per inning, even if they are bad.

b) in games, there are way too many home runs. I've not played a single game yet without a home run. I've played like 30 games. That's insane. In simmed games, it doesn't appear to be a problem.

c) I guess I just don't see why some players just don't perform. I'm an Orioles fan, play as them always. Jason Hammel hasn't given up more than 20 HRs in his career and he goes and gives up 30 through 15 starts. It's killing me.

d) I've never seen so many wild pitches! Every game, there's a wild pitch.

I like the idea of this game, but it makes it less fun for me when things continuously happen that make me feel like I'm at an unfair advantage. I have a gold glove catcher but lead the league in passed balls kindof things.
cbaldwi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #195
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Totally agree!!! I'm not playing it until it's fixed. And if the vast majority of people who the game works for don't like people bashing it, tough.
Fixed that for you.

Seriously though it is obvious that the game works for the vast majority of buyers. If not the board would have exploded with complaints.

It is not unusual that some systems will have conflicts that cause crashes, nature of the beast. It is not pleasant when it happens to you but the best and fastest way to get it fixed is to provide information to OOTP Dev. with a bug report and files (maybe you already have?).

Saying the game, or agreeing with one that posts the game was not ready for release, when it is obvious that, again, the vast majority are playing without major issues is not helping your cause.

Bash away if it makes you feel better, sometimes a rant does actually work to relieve some of your tension. Post all the info you can, system, what you were doing when game crashed etc if you want to get your issue fixed and be up and playing.

Markus is very good at getting out early patches and has already announced patch 2 for next week. I hope your issue is among the fixes.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #196
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaldwi1 View Post
First time I've played this game, been going for a few days, and I'm having, well, a few problems.

a) My team strikes out all the time. In fact, I see players in general striking out way too much, I don't think I've faced a reliever than less than 1 strikeout per inning, even if they are bad.

b) in games, there are way too many home runs. I've not played a single game yet without a home run. I've played like 30 games. That's insane. In simmed games, it doesn't appear to be a problem.

c) I guess I just don't see why some players just don't perform. I'm an Orioles fan, play as them always. Jason Hammel hasn't given up more than 20 HRs in his career and he goes and gives up 30 through 15 starts. It's killing me.

d) I've never seen so many wild pitches! Every game, there's a wild pitch.

I like the idea of this game, but it makes it less fun for me when things continuously happen that make me feel like I'm at an unfair advantage. I have a gold glove catcher but lead the league in passed balls kindof things.
Sounds like your league total modifiers may need adjusting. Without actual numbers it is hard to tell. 30 games also isn't a huge sample size. Being new there will probably be a lot of things you don't know about that allow you to adjust that will make your stat output right in line with real life +\- %2.

At the end of spring training you should run auto-calc on your league and each of your minor leagues. This feature runs three seasons in the background in less than a minute and adjusts your LTM (league total modifiers) so your league will perform in the way you wish. This alone shoud bring your k's, hr, wp, pb, 2b, 3b, bb, avg, sb, sb success, and a ton of other stats into line with real life. A search of auto-calc here and a trip to the manual should get you well on your way to a realistic baseball world.

edit: To be clear each level has its own league totals and league total modifiers so you should run autocalc for all levels in your baseball world (MLB, AAA, AA, A, SA, RA,).

The sim engine and the engine that you use when you play out a game are the same engine. There is no "cheat code" the AI uses in OOTP.

Last edited by Sweed; 04-19-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #197
cbaldwi1
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Sounds like your league total modifiers may need adjusting. Without actual numbers it is hard to tell. 30 games also isn't a huge sample size. Being new there will probably be a lot of things you don't know about that allow you to adjust that will make your stat output right in line with real life +\- %2.

At the end of spring training you should run auto-calc on your league and each of your minor leagues. This feature runs three seasons in the background in less than a minute and adjusts your LTM (league total modifiers) so your league will perform in the way you wish. This alone shoud bring your k's, hr, wp, pb, 2b, 3b, bb, avg, sb, sb success, and a ton of other stats into line with real life. A search of auto-calc here and a trip to the manual should get you well on your way to a realistic baseball world.

edit: To be clear each level has its own league totals and league total modifiers so you should run autocalc for all levels in your baseball world (MLB, AAA, AA, A, SA, RA,).

The sim engine and the engine that you use when you play out a game are the same engine. There is no "cheat code" the AI uses in OOTP.
thanks a lot, Sweed! I will try this out and hopefully my enjoyment of the game will go up.
cbaldwi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #198
oman19
All Star Starter

Speaking of Auto-calc.....I would love a auto-calc all leagues button or an option to schedule the game to do it automatically on a certain date.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #199
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Absolutely love the game!
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #200
Marberi
All Star Reserve

I just got v.14 today and I must say I'm thrilled with the game so far. I've only got one minor problem: in a historic league Memorial Stadium keeps reverting to Camden Yards even after exporting the ballpark, which is something that's never happened to me before (been playing OOTP since X).

Any help to correct this will be greatly appreciated. And kudos to Markus and the rest of the OOTP dev. team on another grand slam!
Marberi is offline   Reply With Quote