Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #21
ALMonkey64
Bat Boy

Thumbs up

You're a top guy Palli!

I can't think of any other game/service provider that would respond so quickly to any problems that their customers are having.

Don't worry if it's a problem that can't be solved, like I said I'm still gonna play it as much as last year regardless of the font. Keep up the good work!
ALMonkey64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:35 AM   #22
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I will ask our graphics person Daniela about the font.
Please don't change the font. The new UI is great, very well designed. Tell Daniela that!
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:26 AM   #23
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

All looks ok to me
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #24
revcarte
Major Leagues

so nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfnate View Post
Please don't change the font. The new UI is great, very well designed. Tell Daniela that!
so nice that you don't care if somebody else cannot read the text...I guess all that matters is if you are happy.
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #25
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcarte View Post
so nice that you don't care if somebody else cannot read the text...I guess all that matters is if you are happy.
I'm sure that Sebastian will find a way to make nearly everyone happy. I think you over estimate my influence around here. One man, one vote, right? My vote is to keep the font as it is, that's all.

Cheers,

sfnate
Old 04-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #26
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

In the end all graphic decisions have to be made by Daniela. To be honest, I'm just really bad with graphics so I'm happy to have here.

If she thinks that the font is not readable then we change it, otherwise it will stay.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #27
revcarte
Major Leagues

only recourse

Thanks. It just seems that because I am in the minority then the only recourse I have is with my review of the product in the App Store. I fail to understand why you did not leave well enough alone when it comes to things like the text and play by play speed. I guess I have the option of playing last years version but I am disappointed. My hopes were high for this new version.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #28
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

could you post a comparison of the two games (two pictures) and explain the problem because I cant see it but you seem qutie adamant about it. It would be nice to see what you are trying to say.
Walsh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #29
revcarte
Major Leagues

how

do not know how to post two game screens on this forum but if you play last years game and then play this years game the font is not even close to being the same and the php speed is not the same. however, I did not intend for this to get "out of hand". Me expressing my profound disappointment with the new version seems to have created a firestorm among those who like the new version, and I did not intend for that to happen. I was just trying to show the problems and hopefully get them fixed so I could enjoy the game. I am recovering from a stroke this year and fortunate to be alive and fortunate to have my speech back so I am reminded that this game is not all that important in the grand scheme of things. I SHOULD POINT OUT THAT I HAVE NOW PLAYED THE IPAD VERSION AND FIND THAT THE TEXT AND PLAY BY PLAY ARE FINE. Just thought I would point that out since I have criticized the iPhone version.
I hope that they change the iPhone version back to the way it looked last year but if not I still have last years version on my iPhone.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #30
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

I am very happy that you are feeling better and glad you are still with us. Everyone has different preferences and that is ok. One of the things I love about OOTP is the differences we all have, especially with such a great game. I hope you don't feel you were being attacked and if you did please accept my sincere apology.
Wisnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #31
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

Hey revcarte,

Very sorry to hear about the health challenges and I wish you a quick and full recovery...

Sorry too if I came across as completely indifferent to your concerns about the game. I do believe that Sebastian and Daniela will look very closely at this--the OOTP team is absolutely outstanding and they really do listen to our feedback.

This is a great community and if we disagree sometimes it's all good nonetheless--debate and disagreement and constructive criticism are important elements of working toward a solution.

Hang in there--

sfnate
Old 04-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #32
revcarte
Major Leagues

thanks

thanks so much. I enjoy the new game on the Ipad but the text is much easier to read for me on last years version for the iphone. I simply wish they had left the text or font alone on the Iphone version. Either way I must admit that I appreciate their effort and the fact that it only costs $5. I suppose it would be nice if they offered a menu to select the font you want. That would make everyone happy. Thanks again.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #33
Lando
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I also prefer the font used in iOOTP11 to the blockier one used in iOOTP12. That said, it is certainly not unreadable on my iPod Touch, and I have found the pbp speed (I also use fast) to be virtually identical in both versions.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #34
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

I feel the font is very readable. It's just a case where not everyone can be pleased. Sucks that is the case.

As for the speed, I did notice that it can slow down, but usually restarting the app makes it speed up (sort of like last years game).

FYI, I noticed that sometimes when the screen saver kicks in, when you come back the game is just ungodly slow all around and will crash within the next couple of months in the game. Might be something for the devs to look at.

Honestly tho, I am loving 2012 on my iPad!! I haven't tried it on the iPhone yet, I might dl it tonight and see if the text is goofy like some are saying.

Oh yeah, bravo on the player history. Best feature ever cuz we can now see that 3-5 round draft picks actually develop into super stars!!! Rather refreshing to see that almost my entire starting rotation came outta the same draft!
magicspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #35
revcarte
Major Leagues

no comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicspeedo View Post
I feel the font is very readable. It's just a case where not everyone can be pleased. Sucks that is the case.

As for the speed, I did notice that it can slow down, but usually restarting the app makes it speed up (sort of like last years game).

FYI, I noticed that sometimes when the screen saver kicks in, when you come back the game is just ungodly slow all around and will crash within the next couple of months in the game. Might be something for the devs to look at.

Honestly tho, I am loving 2012 on my iPad!! I haven't tried it on the iPhone yet, I might dl it tonight and see if the text is goofy like some are saying.

Oh yeah, bravo on the player history. Best feature ever cuz we can now see that 3-5 round draft picks actually develop into super stars!!! Rather refreshing to see that almost my entire starting rotation came outta the same draft!
Excuse me but if you have not tried the iPhone version yet then you are not commenting on the problem. The problem stated here is for the iPhone version. The blocky text is hard to read on the iPhone version. you are commenting on the iPad version which has never been in question. You talk about how "it sucks to be in the minority". What sucks is to pay for a program and then be one of the people that has trouble reading the text so you cannot play it.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #36
Alex617
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I will ask our graphics person Daniela about the font.
How about more ball parks please
Alex617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #37
revcarte
Major Leagues

good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex617 View Post
That's a good one that I never thought of. My friends laugh at me because they see me playing in the same ballpark every time. Very good idea...if possible on Iphone.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #38
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcarte View Post
Excuse me but if you have not tried the iPhone version yet then you are not commenting on the problem. The problem stated here is for the iPhone version. The blocky text is hard to read on the iPhone version. you are commenting on the iPad version which has never been in question. You talk about how "it sucks to be in the minority". What sucks is to pay for a program and then be one of the people that has trouble reading the text so you cannot play it.
yeah i just loaded it up on the iphone 4s. No problem reading it dude.
magicspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:22 AM   #39
revcarte
Major Leagues

glad

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicspeedo View Post
yeah i just loaded it up on the iphone 4s. No problem reading it dude.
Glad it works for you and you are able to read it. I have gone back to playing last years version. Thankful that I did not erase it.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #40
ukwazoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex617 View Post
Awesome suggestion. Agree 100%. I use the instant pbp, so I'm afraid I'm not much help there.
ukwazoo is offline   Reply With Quote