Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 03-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Talking iOOTP Baseball 2011 announced!

Hi friends!

We have just officially announced iOOTP Baseball 2011, the newest OOTP version for iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad)!

Please have a look at our latest newsletter for some info and the first screenshots of the game. iOOTP will be available in the Apple AppStore in April.

Click here to read our latest newsletter...

We will release more info and screenshots as we get closer to release! Please have a look at the FAQ-thread in this forum, too. We'll update it with the most common questions you might have.

All the best!
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
ms2002
All Star Starter

Wow, this looks amazing and could be a huge hit for OOTP Developments.

*Typo Alert* In this screenshot, it should say "Tap here...," not "Tab here..."
ms2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms2002 View Post
*Typo Alert* In this screenshot, it should say "Tap here...," not "Tab here..."
My fault.

I just corrected it in the source code. Thank you!
Sebastian Palkowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Now I'm all bummed that my company has only provided me with an iPhone 3G.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
Tuta
Bat Boy

Very excited for this!
Tuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
playball335
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Now I'm all bummed that my company has only provided me with an iPhone 3G.

They must have know what you would do with anything higher!!
playball335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuta View Post
Very excited for this!
So are we!
Old 03-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

I guess I'll be the one to rain on the parade and declare that I have absolutely no interest in this. I just hope that working on this hasn't been the reason for OOTP 12 not being ready until May.

Gibson swings, and a fly ball to deep right field! This is gonna be a home run! Unbelievable! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, 5 to 4; I don't believe what I just saw! I don't believe what I just saw!
Bobbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #9
playball335
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbuttons View Post
I guess I'll be the one to rain on the parade and declare that I have absolutely no interest in this. I just hope that working on this hasn't been the reason for OOTP 12 not being ready until May.
I agree with you on one hand. On the other hand Markus and Co. are in business to make money and the mobile app market is booming and this could be a HUGE thing for them (financially and marketability).

I can wait an extra month, if it helps OOTP to continue for years to come!!
playball335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #10
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by playball335 View Post
I agree with you on one hand. On the other hand Markus and Co. are in business to make money and the mobile app market is booming and this could be a HUGE thing for them (financially and marketability).
Precicely! We hope this gets OOTP to a totally different audience. Should be fun!
Old 03-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #11
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Not that I have any stake in a mobile version, but have any plans been floated to create an Android version?
Old 03-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #12
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by playball335 View Post

I can wait an extra month, if it helps OOTP to continue for years to come!!

If it was really about making a lot of money, then it would have been developed for the Android systems, as well, as Android based phones have been selling very well and a few months ago outsold the iPhone (not sure what the numbers have been since January, I haven't looked). But I respect Markus and it's his business and he can do as he likes. I'm happy as long as he continues to put out a quality version of OOTP each year. That being said, I have no interest in iOOTP.

Gibson swings, and a fly ball to deep right field! This is gonna be a home run! Unbelievable! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, 5 to 4; I don't believe what I just saw! I don't believe what I just saw!
Old 03-29-2011, 01:59 PM   #13
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Precicely! We hope this gets OOTP to a totally different audience. Should be fun!

This always has bugged me about business. And it isn't just a judgment of Markus in this instance. I get it all the time with phone carriers and satellite and cable tv services and internet providers that come up with these new and interesting ways to reach a new audience or a different audience, however they never seem to work as hard to keep the current audience happy (and, once again, this isn't a slap at Markus, but of the entire consumer business model). I have read that it costs less to woo a new customer than to keep an old one, so one has to wonder what will eventually happen to brand loyalty in the future.

Last edited by Bobbuttons; 03-29-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #14
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Not at the moment as the return policy makes it hard to sell there. If that changes sometimes we will discuss a Android version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Not that I have any stake in a mobile version, but have any plans been floated to create an Android version?
Sebastian Palkowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #15
JumpmanCol
Minors (Single A)

Thumbs up <--- Stoked!

As a huge iPhone and iPad user, this is awesome news!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #16
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbuttons View Post
If it was really about making a lot of money, then it would have been developed for the Android systems, as well, as Android based phones have been selling very well and a few months ago outsold the iPhone (not sure what the numbers have been since January, I haven't looked). But I respect Markus and it's his business and he can do as he likes. I'm happy as long as he continues to put out a quality version of OOTP each year. That being said, I have no interest in iOOTP.
Markus has made reference to why an Android version wasn't developed at the time.

Outside of that your comments just come across as bitter. You have qualified your lack of interest due to the platform it's on.

If it was released on Android as well, the sound of your tune would be different otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up.

With that said, I'me excited for the release and an eventually Android release as well.

I just hope Markus will remember us when OOTP goes mainstream.
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:37 PM   #17
kmoirkne
Bat Boy

Real iPad version?

Will we get a real iPad version? or just iPhone version that we have to maximize on iPad?

I am really hoping for an iPad version!
kmoirkne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:37 PM   #18
Snarky
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It's great news that this is moving to mobile. I have played OOTP for ~7 years, but am not an apple product owner. I am here formally requesting an android version.

Also, many new and upcoming android devices have 1GB of RAM- so these would hypothetically be compatible with the newer versions of OOTP. I would really like to be able to manage my teams for online leagues on the go, so compatibility between the PC and mobile versions would be awesome.
Snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #19
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoirkne View Post
Will we get a real iPad version? or just iPhone version that we have to maximize on iPad?

I am really hoping for an iPad version!
Check the FAQ iOOTP thread in this forum. See question #3.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...iootp-faq.html
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #20
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Davis View Post
Markus has made reference to why an Android version wasn't developed at the time.

Outside of that your comments just come across as bitter. You have qualified your lack of interest due to the platform it's on.

If it was released on Android as well, the sound of your tune would be different otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up.

With that said, I'me excited for the release and an eventually Android release as well.

I just hope Markus will remember us when OOTP goes mainstream.

Actually, I my tune would not be different. I rarely use any application that depletes my battery at a solid pace, and this one would certainly do that. So you are wrong.

Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't make mine any less valid or any more bitter than your excitement for the product makes you look easily impressed. It simply doesn't interest me. I'd rather have the full functionality of a complete game, so I will continue to do what I've done for the last 11 years, and that's buy the full game and not the watered down version. My apologies if this makes me a horrible person.