Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.7 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Offseason Discount! SAVE 50%!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2019, 11:06 AM   #361
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer
 
Cobra Mgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 3,297
Thanks: 343
Thanked 571x in 433 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I went to a different video. One that didn't dim the screen when I paused it. He didn't get in. I lost 10 bucks on that game.
I slowed it down & you are correct. When I saw it last night, I couldn't see how it could be conclusive in order to reverse it.

BTW, that's what you get for betting on a Chargers game. I've never seen a franchise be so consistently volatile. There's an oxymoron for you.
__________________
If a man is guilty
4 what goes on inside of his mind,
then let me get the electric chair
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance

Last edited by Cobra Mgr; 10-21-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Cobra Mgr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:09 PM   #362
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer
 
Cobra Mgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 3,297
Thanks: 343
Thanked 571x in 433 posts
Stephen A vs Michael Irvin. Should I be entertained or exhausted?
__________________
If a man is guilty
4 what goes on inside of his mind,
then let me get the electric chair
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:54 PM   #363
rink23
Hall Of Famer
 
rink23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,604
Thanks: 66
Thanked 150x in 94 posts
I admit that I don't watch nearly as much NFL as I used to since the Rams bolted from STL to L.A.
And even those last few seasons, their play was unwatchable.
But I sat down to watch the end of last week's Jets-Cowboys game.
They called penalties on seven consecutive plays.
I think five of them were pass interference and the other two were probably makeup calls for what were "bad" P.I. calls.
That's another reason I only occasionally watch NFL games.
rink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:12 PM   #364
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer
 
Cobra Mgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 3,297
Thanks: 343
Thanked 571x in 433 posts
I would like to take this time to thank the Jets for getting their butt whippin done early so that I can go to bed at a decent time.
__________________
If a man is guilty
4 what goes on inside of his mind,
then let me get the electric chair
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:15 PM   #365
low
Hall Of Famer
 
low's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 3,324
Thanks: 1,034
Thanked 9,479x in 2,980 posts
Maybe someday New England will have some competition in that division. Must be nice having a free ride to the playoffs every year.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:41 PM   #366
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer
 
Cobra Mgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 3,297
Thanks: 343
Thanked 571x in 433 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by low View Post
Maybe someday New England will have some competition in that division. Must be nice having a free ride to the playoffs every year.
5 automatic wins minimum.
__________________
If a man is guilty
4 what goes on inside of his mind,
then let me get the electric chair
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:16 AM   #367
Ragnar
All Star Starter
 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,819
Thanks: 12
Thanked 150x in 124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by low View Post
Maybe someday New England will have some competition in that division. Must be nice having a free ride to the playoffs every year.
For the first 15 years after the realignment the Patriots win 77% of the time in their division. They win 77% of the time in their conference. All games included? You guessed it, 77%. It simply doesn't matter.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:22 AM   #368
Ragnar
All Star Starter
 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,819
Thanks: 12
Thanked 150x in 124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
5 automatic wins minimum.
This is true. There is no doubt that the Patriots have what is probably the easiest path to the playoffs every season. But unless you're good that won't mean a thing.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:36 AM   #369
dkgo
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,076
Thanks: 40
Thanked 649x in 358 posts
shocked the falcons got a second for sanu
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:02 AM   #370
Boomcoach
Minors (Double A)
 
Boomcoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 185
Thanks: 89
Thanked 83x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
shocked the falcons got a second for sanu
Its a 2nd from the Patriots, so almost a 3rd round pick.
__________________
Boomcoach



Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:29 AM   #371
dkgo
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,076
Thanks: 40
Thanked 649x in 358 posts
OK, last I checked "almost a 3rd" is still a second. But even a third is high given they had no leverage at all and sanu isn't even any good.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:27 AM   #372
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer
 
damientheomen3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: with my army of orangutans
Posts: 2,688
Thanks: 1,253
Thanked 621x in 388 posts
That's definitely big value for Sanu, I have to think the price would have been lower for any other team for a few different reasons. Also implies the Broncos either aren't serious sellers yet, the price for Emmanuel Sanders is very high, John Elway won't deal with the Patriots, or some combo of the three.

I won't lie, I picked the Jets for my pick 'em league last night (call it half blind fandom, half being one game out of the lead for the week and knowing everyone else would pick the Pats so I got cheeky). This makes it now five out of six games where Gase has called an atrocious game for the Jets. Predictable first down runs, little play action, and the most damning factor of all: the worse the Jets O-Line plays, the more long-developing plays Gase calls with no viable hot route. I was ecstatic when the Jets hired Gase based off his work helping Peyton Manning run an offense around his weaker arm post-neck surgery and his ability to keep a mediocre Miami team competitive, but I whileheartedly believe he needs to be one and done. The Dallas win was purely circumstantial (the Cowboys were without both members of the best tackle duo in the league, lost Amari Cooper early, and saw Michael Gallup forget how to catch the ball).

The Jets now enter the ridiculously easy slate of their schedule, with Jacksonville, the Giants, the Raiders, the Redskins, the Bengals, and the Dolphins twice in the next 7 weeks. The team will probably recover and win 4-7 of those games, but it doesn't change how awful Gase has been against the good teams. With the Steelers also coming up late in the season, I look forward to a second season of Gase after the team "shows a lot of fight" in the second half beating up on teams in their tier of the NFL hierarchy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by axezzy View Post
spotted an 11-run lead, then going into the 9th up by 8 and not a single out recorded (using three relief pitchers all warmed up), nine runs score... game over? nope, thank the demo for saving me $20 on the after the season special or/and another $35-40 on 14. I will NOT be purchasing this piece of crap!
You see, this guy here, he is that guy. Don't be that guy.


Join the VHL today!
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:52 AM   #373
Ragnar
All Star Starter
 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,819
Thanks: 12
Thanked 150x in 124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
OK, last I checked "almost a 3rd" is still a second. But even a third is high given they had no leverage at all and sanu isn't even any good.
I was kind of surprised too. But come to think of it, Atlanta isn't any good. Sanu is 30 and if he has anything left in the tank it will certainly show up on the Patriots.


Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
I won't lie, I picked the Jets for my pick 'em league last night (call it half blind fandom, half being one game out of the lead for the week and knowing everyone else would pick the Pats so I got cheeky). This makes it now five out of six games where Gase has called an atrocious game for the Jets. Predictable first down runs, little play action, and the most damning factor of all: the worse the Jets O-Line plays, the more long-developing plays Gase calls with no viable hot route. I was ecstatic when the Jets hired Gase based off his work helping Peyton Manning run an offense around his weaker arm post-neck surgery and his ability to keep a mediocre Miami team competitive, but I whileheartedly believe he needs to be one and done. The Dallas win was purely circumstantial (the Cowboys were without both members of the best tackle duo in the league, lost Amari Cooper early, and saw Michael Gallup forget how to catch the ball).

The Jets now enter the ridiculously easy slate of their schedule, with Jacksonville, the Giants, the Raiders, the Redskins, the Bengals, and the Dolphins twice in the next 7 weeks. The team will probably recover and win 4-7 of those games, but it doesn't change how awful Gase has been against the good teams. With the Steelers also coming up late in the season, I look forward to a second season of Gase after the team "shows a lot of fight" in the second half beating up on teams in their tier of the NFL hierarchy.
The win against the Cowboys was just fools gold like the Cowboys win against the Eagles. Sunday night was the first time since week1 the Cowboys didn't come out flat. Even against the Redskins and Dolphins they didn't show up until the 2nd half. This is a recurring theme from a Garrett led Cowboys team.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #374
dkgo
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,076
Thanks: 40
Thanked 649x in 358 posts
Gase has as many double-digit losses as wins in his career

Not good.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:31 PM   #375
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer
 
ukhotstove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: North of England Gods Country
Posts: 6,676
Thanks: 504
Thanked 496x in 349 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I would like to take this time to thank the Jets for getting their butt whippin done early so that I can go to bed at a decent time.
Imagine staying up till past 1am before the butt whippin even started, thankfully I took a pass on MNF this week first time since I took early retirement.
__________________
Wigan Athletic
2013 FA Cup Winners.
2014 FA Cup Semi Finalists.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:40 PM   #376
monkeyman576
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,140
Thanks: 6
Thanked 78x in 67 posts
Week 1: 6-7 Week 2: 7-9 Week 3: 11-4 Week 4: 8-7 Week 5: 7-8 Week 6: 8-6 Week 7: 9-5 Total: 56-45
Week 8
WAS@MIN(-14.5) PICK: MIN
CIN@LAR(-13) PICK: LAR
SEA@ATL(E) PICK: SEA
PHI@BUF(-1.5) PICK: PHI
LAC@CHI(-4) PICK: LAC
NYG@DET(-6.5) PICK: NYG
NYJ@JAX(-5.5) PICK: JAX
ARI@NO(-9.5)PICK: ARI
TB@TEN(-2.5) PICK: TEN
DEN@IND(-6) PICK: DEN
CAR@SF(-5.5) PICK: SF
CLE@NE(-12.5) PICK: NE
OAK@HOU(-6.5) PICK: HOU
GB(-4.5)@KC PICK: GB
MIA@PIT(-14.5) PICK: PIT

Last edited by monkeyman576; 10-22-2019 at 04:51 PM.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:26 PM   #377
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer
 
Cobra Mgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 3,297
Thanks: 343
Thanked 571x in 433 posts
Don't know if you've been following this story, but what the Jets are doing is reprehensible.
__________________
If a man is guilty
4 what goes on inside of his mind,
then let me get the electric chair
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:05 PM   #378
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer
 
Cobra Mgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 3,297
Thanks: 343
Thanked 571x in 433 posts
I keep hearing these takes about how Cam would fit in Chicago. Cam would not fit in Chicago. No QB would fit in Chicago. The Bears/Staleys have been around since the NFL existed. They have had one HOF QB in 100 years. Chicago is where passers & receivers go to say goodbye to their careers. Chicago will never win due to a passing game. The Bears have to built around a top 3 running game and defense in order to be good. And they must have home field advantage if they were to ever to reach the SuperBowl.
__________________
If a man is guilty
4 what goes on inside of his mind,
then let me get the electric chair
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:56 PM   #379
Ragnar
All Star Starter
 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,819
Thanks: 12
Thanked 150x in 124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I keep hearing these takes about how Cam would fit in Chicago. Cam would not fit in Chicago. No QB would fit in Chicago. The Bears/Staleys have been around since the NFL existed. They have had one HOF QB in 100 years. Chicago is where passers & receivers go to say goodbye to their careers. Chicago will never win due to a passing game. The Bears have to built around a top 3 running game and defense in order to be good. And they must have home field advantage if they were to ever to reach the SuperBowl.
I heard that too. Also mentioned is Mariota. But anything is an improvement over Trubiski. Don't know if I spelled that right. I forget who their backup QB is, but he's better than Mitch.

I don't know what they saw in him, but they traded up to pick him while Watson and Mahomes were on the board. I think they're hanging on waiting for Mitch to be the QB they expected him to be when they drafted him. He's not going to be that QB. At some point they are going to have to accept the inevitable and replace him. I know it's embarrassing, but like I said, his backup is a better QB right now.

Last edited by Ragnar; 10-24-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:13 PM   #380
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer
 
Cobra Mgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 3,297
Thanks: 343
Thanked 571x in 433 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I heard that too. Also mentioned is Mariota. But anything is an improvement over Trubiski. Don't know if I spelled that right. I forget who their backup QB is, but he's better than Mitch.

I don't know what they saw in him, but they traded up to pick him while Watson and Mahomes were on the board. I think they're hanging on waiting for Mitch to be the QB they expected him to be when they drafted him. He's not going to be that QB. At some point they are going to have to accept the inevitable and replace him. I know it's embarrassing, but like I said, his backup is a better QB right now.
I don't think it is all Trubisky. I think it is Chicago. How many Pro Bowl QB's & WR's can you name who played for the Bears in the last 20-30 years? I said during his draft year that I didn't get the hype surrounding him. I prefered Watson and I'm a UNC fan. But because I'm a Tar Heel fan, I didn't want him drafted by Chicago cause no one in the passing game survives there.
__________________
If a man is guilty
4 what goes on inside of his mind,
then let me get the electric chair
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments