Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:10 AM   #1
NotMuchTime
Minors (Double A)

20.5 fails in fullscreen mode

FYI...

After (and during) update, OOTP crashes on startup. When it's launched again, it displays the fact that it crashed and opens in a windowed mode. If you set the mode to 'fullscreen', it works fine (didn't play game). When you exit and restart it, it crashes.
NotMuchTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:34 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

What are your system specs?

Was this happening previously at all, or totally new to v46?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:49 AM   #3
NotMuchTime
Minors (Double A)

This has never happened before. It started during the installation (upgrade). The first installation failed, the second worked because it was 'windowed'. Everything appears fine when I set it to 'fullscreen'. It crashes when I exit and restart however.

Windows 7 64-bit
2 980Ti in SLI
2560 x 1440 144hz monitor
Old 06-17-2019, 09:17 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Can you try to activate tracemode for the game? Hopefully that will have some info to help us figure out what's happening.

Right-click on the OOTP20 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line.

It should look something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Out Of The Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\ootp20.exe" tracemode

Then try to start the game again. Get it to crash.

After it does so, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\debug

Find the trace file there and post with the rest of your information. That should have some data that will help us figure out why the game is crashing.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:35 AM   #5
NotMuchTime
Minors (Double A)

Here you are...
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp_trace.txt (14.2 KB, 32 views)
Old 06-17-2019, 10:00 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Ok, so from what we're seeing here, it's looking like there may be a skin related issue, where the skin is not loading properly.

Which makes it look like your installation is messed up, for some reason. It may not've properly completed.

So I'd first try a full uninstall and reinstall of the game. Probably along with deleting the re-downloading the patch in case the first download was corrupted somehow.

Uninstall game but preserve data:

Windows Vista/7/8/10 PC:

First off, navigate to the following location using Windows Explorer: C:\Users\[Your User Name]\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\

Make sure that you are inside of the folder "OOTP Baseball 20". If you don't have any customized files, then you should delete all folders in here except for the saved_games folder. If you have custom data files in addition to your saved games, then you need to be careful not to delete those folders that contain them.

Next, go here and remove the "OOTP Baseball 20" folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20

Finally, remove the folder called "config" from here: C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\config

"Appdata" is a hidden folder. One way to find it is to go to the start menu and type in %appdata% (include the percent symbols) in the search bar down at the bottom left and then browse to the config folder and remove it.

Once you've done all of this, the game is completely removed from your computer, except for your saved games.

Then restart your system and reinstall. Let me know what happens.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:15 AM   #7
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Possibly related question - why was the classic skin changed yet again with this patch?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:41 AM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Possibly related question - why was the classic skin changed yet again with this patch?
I don't believe it was, at least it's not on the changelist. We might've changed something minor of course. What are you seeing that was changed?

Old 06-17-2019, 11:11 AM   #9
NotMuchTime
Minors (Double A)

Thank you Lukas.

Since I ran the install twice, I can only assume it was a bad download. Everything is fine now.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:46 AM   #10
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I don't believe it was, at least it's not on the changelist. We might've changed something minor of course. What are you seeing that was changed?
Full classic background on reports, where as after the previous large patch with the original fix for the Classic Skin, the background was only behind the text, and not the full page.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:58 AM   #11
NotMuchTime
Minors (Double A)

This is a recurring issue. 51 and 52... If I completely remove the game and re-install, I don't have a problem using full screen. I just fixed '51' and all was well. I downloaded '52' and the install fails. When I launch OOTP, it launches in a windowed mode and finishes the install. I can run OOTP and set it to full screen, but it will crash the next time I start it.

If I completely remove '52' and start from scratch, it will work.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:46 AM   #12
NotMuchTime
Minors (Double A)

I lied, '52' won't start in full screen even after a fresh install.