Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-12-2018, 09:54 PM   #1
Bison Fan
Bat Boy

Play Minor League Season?

As a prospective customer, I am intrigued by the inclusion of Minor Leagues in the game. Can I play a Minor League season with the included minor league teams? I really dont care about MLB, just MiLB. Thank you.
Bison Fan
Bison Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:13 PM   #2
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison Fan View Post
As a prospective customer, I am intrigued by the inclusion of Minor Leagues in the game. Can I play a Minor League season with the included minor league teams? I really dont care about MLB, just MiLB. Thank you.
Bison Fan
You can and there are multiple options.

You can just be the manager and the computer will be the MLB GM which means they will call up, send down and trade guys on your roster with no input from you.

You can be the MLB GM and take control of the entire organization and play out each level of the minors and just sim the MLB if you so choose.

It's all up to you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2018, 10:57 PM   #3
battists
Hall Of Famer

I manage in the minors in my game. If you’re not the GM, it can be a bit frustrating, not gonna lie. The GM doesn’t always do a great job of keeping your team stocked with all the right positions, and they often yank your star players from you. But I tend to think that’s realistic so I like it.

But again, you can be the GM and control everything. You can just simulate the major league games and delegate all of the decisions at that level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2018, 10:00 AM   #4
Bison Fan
Bat Boy

Thank You!

Thank you both for your responses. It was very helpful! I believe I am going to take the plunge.

Bison Fan
Old 08-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #5
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison Fan View Post
Thank you both for your responses. It was very helpful! I believe I am going to take the plunge.

Bison Fan

One thing I recommend, depending on how particular you are:

When you set up your game file, create a persona and make him commissioner, not assigned to any team.

Then, create another persona for yourself. Assign yourself to the team you want to manage, but don’t make yourself commissioner.

Then, play out your game as your manager. If something comes up that is too aggravating for you, switch to the commissioner profile and make the change, then switch back to your persona.

This will give you the option of changing anything you don’t like, but you won’t see any of those options unless you expressly choose to.

Someday, I would love to see Markus add some more depth to the minor-league management experience, but I understand that I am probably part of a tiny minority.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Old 08-13-2018, 07:40 PM   #6
Bison Fan
Bat Boy

Hi, Battists.

>> Then, create another persona for yourself. Assign yourself to the team you want to manage, but don’t make yourself commissioner. <<

Thank you, I will keep that in mind.

I purchased and installed the game and I've been poking around in it. I played a game and it was fun. Is there a screen to see the players on a given roster? Say if I'd like to see who is on the Buffalo Bisons' roster in 1994, is there a screen that shows that? Or do I have to set up a league first.

Thanks in advance.

Bison Fan
Old 08-13-2018, 10:41 PM   #7
battists
Hall Of Famer

You would have to add a team to a league in order to see the roster. To be honest tho, I’m not sure if historical minor leagues have real players in them.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:23 AM   #8
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

There are 180,111 real players in the minor leagues 1920-2017
Old 08-14-2018, 12:14 PM   #9
Bison Fan
Bat Boy

I created a league and added the 1946 Bisons. But there are only 13 players on the Bisons. Compared to the other IL teams, that's a lot. I wonder if maybe only players who made it to rhw majors are included. Or, more likely, I'm doing something wrong. I created a 1994 league and the minor league teams seem to have 25 players on them, so maybe I just have to keep in more modern years.

Thank you, everyone, for your help. I appdrelciate it.

Bison Fan
Old 08-14-2018, 12:40 PM   #10
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

There are 41 players in the game database on the 1946 Bisons roster but as they are affiliated with the Tigers they might be moved by the games AI to either other farm teams or to the Tigers spring training or off-season rosters.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:16 PM   #11
battists
Hall Of Famer

Spritze, you are ridiculous. Just sayin'.

I know you've been around here forever. Can you believe how far things have come since you first got involved with historicals in OOTP??
Old 08-14-2018, 03:06 PM   #12
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Can you believe how far things have come since you first got involved with historicals in OOTP??
Every year it seems Markus makes it a point to add something awesome to historicals even though historical players are a bit of a fringe group with tassels.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:49 PM   #13
Bison Fan
Bat Boy

>> There are 41 players in the game database on the 1946 Bisons roster but as they are affiliated with the Tigers they might be moved by the games AI to either other farm teams or to the Tigers spring training or off-season rosters.<<

Is there an easy way to "re-affiliate" them with the Bisons?
Old 08-14-2018, 04:29 PM   #14
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Nope. It has been asked for the last few versions but is apparently not possible.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:08 PM   #15
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Could you not just take over as GM manager of the Tigers and set everything except player personnel movement to the cpu controlled assistant GM. Then you can control who is on each minor league affiliate including Buffalo and if you want to manage the Bisons as well just play out their games.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:30 PM   #16
Bison Fan
Bat Boy

Tigers Fan,
>> Could you not just take over as GM manager of the Tigers and set everything except player personnel movement to the cpu controlled assistant GM. Then you can control who is on each minor league affiliate including Buffalo <<

I'll give this a try. Thanks.

Bison Fan