Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-01-2018, 01:53 PM   #1
ss91
Bat Boy

Minor Leagues

Question about the minors. Is it best to try and keep teams consistent with 12 or so pitchers and 13 or so batters? If you get overloaded say on SP does it hurt their progression as they do not get enough starts? My AAA team has 10 SP and 6 RP so only 9 batters total of which 4 are 2B. Even though they are all AAA caliber should I move some SP down to AA and maybe some of the 2B and get other positions upto AAA even if they aren't quite ready?
ss91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

So, the answer is: It depends. At the end of the day, you do want to ensure your best prospects are getting adequate playing time. But you can easily get yourself into micromanagement hell depending on how many levels of minors you have.

Personally I do try to keep each level of minors to a realistic set of players. But I play in a smaller fictional league. I don’t worry too too much about position since winning doesn’t matter to me in the minors and I can play my four 2Bs in the four infield spots and they can pick up experience at those positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2018, 05:33 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i don't typically have so many SP i can sandbag too much, but if they are not future mlb players i'm not opposed to doing so.

there are players i care about and others that only get promoted due to rules or attrition etc... a forced move. sandbagging just happens, if possible, that way.

players i care about include trade-worthy or in my future plans.

if they are AAA/AAAA tops, who cares. if they are a level below where they should be, it only helps morale through winning. maybe not that 1 player's morale, of course.

as far as # of players, a couple extra pitchers and a few extra position players is a good thing. less work to do for intitial injuries and such.

worried about playing time? force start those you like. also, there is a setting that will favor potential for setting depth charts. as long as their potential is higher, they will start, if not force start.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:42 AM   #4
Trauma One
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
as far as # of players, a couple extra pitchers and a few extra position players is a good thing. less work to do for intitial injuries and such.

worried about playing time? force start those you like. also, there is a setting that will favor potential for setting depth charts. as long as their potential is higher, they will start, if not force start.
Agree. I like to have a few extras so I can avoid mid season MiL FA pickups when a staff is down to 9-10 healthy pitchers.

I'll force start a future major league starter into the SP role if the manager hasn't put him in the rotation. Or I'll force start someone with low position experience but high defense skills into that position or into another position to get them more flexibility once they reach the bigs.
Trauma One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:18 AM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

cross-training good. fire bad! unnngghhh!
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote