Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:41 PM   #61
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Y'all are gonna think I've lost my mind (not a stretch really), but I recommend Very High Injuries with Average Fatigue and Normal Suspensions for random debut. We get enough players per team to pull it off and the plate appearances of the leaders in plate appearances match up very well with RL leaders in plate appearances (at least for 1984, which is what I use for stats output). Very early in the process, but stats output is looking good as well. Ok, fire away with your tomatoes!
Turns out I did lose my mind. Don't try this at home folks. By setting injuries to very high and fatigue to average, I perfectly set the conditions for bazookaball. Injuries mostly affect pitchers and fatigue affects position players, so what happened was the injury list piled up with pitching injuries which watered down the pitching talent, and there were non-fatigued position players around, which made offense go boom-boom. I have now reset to Normal (OOTP Classic) and Average for Injuries/Fatigue and knock on wood (or in this case my head) balance might be coming to this little test league slowly but surely after it's creator tried to annihilate it. I also restored the check in the box at "Use pre-defined draft value for AI" after Babe Ruth got taken, not 1st, not 2nd, not 3rd, not 4th, not 5th, not 6th, not 7th, but 8th overall (by the New York Yankee$ of all teams). I am aware that the game does not know names only ratings, and it does not know what these players will turn into, which is the whole reason for the checkbox in the first place. I had taken it out before but I think the talent is getting distributed better in the overall, so this is the way it stays.

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-28-2018 at 10:43 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:29 AM   #62
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Missed Setting????

I have some how lost the offence in my HRD. I set the league totals to 1976 the day before the season begins but don't mess with the LTM's as per earlier posts. The lead league lead for HRs has dropped from the high 40's to barely making double digits, ERAs are dropping like the Titanic. This is second year that it has happened, I thought the first year that I had made a snafu but was careful this year to make sure I hit the settings correctly on the last day of the preseason. The funny thing is that I have my unaffiliated AAA in which I set the season to begin the same day as MLB and do the settings the same way; with this league there has been no drop in offence over the last two seasons. Any ideas?
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:59 AM   #63
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
I have some how lost the offence in my HRD. I set the league totals to 1976 the day before the season begins but don't mess with the LTM's as per earlier posts. The lead league lead for HRs has dropped from the high 40's to barely making double digits, ERAs are dropping like the Titanic. This is second year that it has happened, I thought the first year that I had made a snafu but was careful this year to make sure I hit the settings correctly on the last day of the preseason. The funny thing is that I have my unaffiliated AAA in which I set the season to begin the same day as MLB and do the settings the same way; with this league there has been no drop in offence over the last two seasons. Any ideas?
What year is your league currently in?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:56 AM   #64
JaBurns
All Star Starter

1904 going to '05 but the 1901 & 1902 stats looked ~ like 1976.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:18 PM   #65
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Quote:
Could changed park factors be effecting it? I highly doubt it but that's all I got, assuming maybe most of them go heavily pitcher's favoring?
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:48 PM   #66
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It almost sounds like you've somehow left 1976 and are getting actual 1904/05 results. What do your pitchers look like in regards to strikeouts?
Old 03-29-2018, 01:02 PM   #67
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Strikeouts look reasonable not insane but ERAs are really low.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:07 PM   #68
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Strikeouts look reasonable not insane but ERAs are really low.

What was the high for strikeouts? What do errors look like?
Old 03-29-2018, 02:29 PM   #69
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Errors look normal, what I don’t understand is why the AAA league looks ‘76ish.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:58 PM   #70
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Errors look normal, what I don’t understand is why the AAA league looks ‘76ish.
Can you do a screenshot of your league leaders both pitching and hitting?
Old 03-29-2018, 03:46 PM   #71
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Probably not until tomorrow but I will post a screenshot.
I was so proud of myself thinking I was getting ready to move up to be with “the big boys”, aka yourself and actionjackson, then I cannot figure out this little, I hope, thing. I get PO when I run into trouble. I enjoy this mode so much that it is the little things I learn that keep me plugging away; I wish I could get past 1920 in one these of simulations. But hopefully this two steps forward one step back not the other way round...

Last edited by JaBurns; 03-29-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:43 PM   #72
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Probably not until tomorrow but I will post a screenshot.
I was so proud of myself thinking I was getting ready to move up to be with “the big boys”, aka yourself and actionjackson, then I cannot figure out this little, I hope, thing. I get PO when I run into trouble. I enjoy this mode so much that it is the little things I learn that keep me plugging away; I wish I could get past 1920 in one these of simulations. But hopefully this two steps forward one step back not the other way round...
Keep at it. I play really simple setups so I'm sometimes of no help. Action is the guy. Of course, now that baseball has started, we may not see him on here again till November.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:53 PM   #73
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here's how I set up my Historical and Stats & AI pages. I do not check any boxes that have anything to do with auto-import or auto-adjust, and I don't use the new lock stats tool because what happens with it is that any stats other than the 7 at the top of the page will stay locked to the year you want them locked to, but other stats like wild pitches, balks, errors etc etc etc will go towards the deadball era that you are starting off in. Absolutely keep that box unchecked.

3 years or 5 years for recalc. Real or Neutralized Stats for stats. Just don't use 1 year recalc for HRD per Markus. Now...I'm tieing strategy settings and stats to 1984. I highly recommend that you keep strategy settings and stats output to the same year or reasonably close to the same year. After all, those poor relievers are gonna get splinters in their asses and wonder what the **** they're doing in an era that has no use for them if you allow strategy settings to progress as they did in the deadball era. I even unplug the financials and manually import them every year because I don't want them getting jostled by the annual "1984" thing. Maybe I'm overly superstitious, but baseball's the most superstitious game going, so it kinda makes sense. Keep asking questions and check and double check every setting to make sure they're where they should be for what you want.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-29-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:59 PM   #74
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Oops...Sorry...Forgot about screenshots...Here ya go!
Old 03-29-2018, 08:01 PM   #75
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Also, be sure to reset the hook rating to Default every year after you input "1976" because the game will reset them on you. You don't want that. Having that rating at Default seems to make pitchers pitch like they should for the era you're trying to tie your game to.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:04 PM   #76
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Keep at it. I play really simple setups so I'm sometimes of no help. Action is the guy. Of course, now that baseball has started, we may not see him on here again till November.
Not dead yet. I'll see if I can stick around this year. I am liking the new version a lot despite my wrestling matches with it (wrestling mostly due to my attempts to "make things better"...Ugh).
Old 03-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #77
JaBurns
All Star Starter

That’s what I think I am doing but I will check my check boxes. Strategy settings have 5 relievers at least because I thought I had messed that up; saves look around normal to me for a year. The confusing thing is that AAA stats look very ‘76. Did you go to Rogers Centre today and watch Stanton crush those two out?
Old 03-29-2018, 08:19 PM   #78
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That’s what I think I am doing but I will check my check boxes. Strategy settings have 5 relievers at least because I thought I had messed that up; saves look around normal to me for a year. The confusing thing is that AAA stats look very ‘76. Did you go to Rogers Centre today and watch Stanton crush those two out?
I'm not an Opening Day type (in terms of attending) and haven't been to a game since 2016 for the same reason. Maybe I'm old (probably), but the crowds have gotten too crazy for me. The last two times I went the people behind us were so drunk that we were legitimately concerned that we were gonna get puked on. It's like...C'mon...Is this your first ****ing time drinking? Seriously, get it together man. Like I said I'm probably just old.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:20 PM   #79
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did you check my screenshots that I forgot to post originally?
Old 03-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #80
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Here are some screen shots of the records for each league and the settings for each league. The Eastern League is my unaffiliated AAA. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, offense dried up at the ML level in 1902.[ATTACH]Name:  77test1_1904-10-10_07-30-00.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  433.4 KB

Name:  77test1_1904-10-10_07-31-12.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  445.8 KB

Name:  77test1_1904-10-10_07-32-00.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  459.5 KB

Name:  77test1_1904-10-10_07-32-45.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  457.8 KB[/ATTACH]