Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Developer's blog and early BTS videos

So I would assume there are many of you who didn't follow the original sleuthing thread in General Discussions and might not have realized, that Francis Cole had been writing a blog about this game last year:

Football GM | The Development of the 'Football GM' Game

Obviously a LOT will change between those posts and when the game is finally released in 2015, but it does show you some early screen shots (which again I'm sure will change), gives an insight into some of his ideas and thought processes and shows the general base of the game.

There are also some YouTube videos embedded in some of his blog posts.

Or, all of them right here:
Francis Cole - YouTube

I would assume it's OK to post this as OOTPD haven't made Francis hide this stuff yet and it's been out in the open for a while.

I just figured lots of people probably haven't seen this stuff yet and might be interested in it.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:53 AM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

This should give you an idea about the general idea Francis has about football. However, regarding the look & features, BTS will be on a different level obviously
Old 02-01-2014, 05:23 AM   #3
dmytron

In ten years bearded British millionaire Sir Francis Cole will be ashamed of these old videos.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #4
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

I don't know about ashamed, but holy ****. I don't want to overhype but that game already looks better than any of the other Football Sim's on the market.

Impressive!

Last edited by TC Dale; 02-02-2014 at 04:28 AM. Reason: bypassing filter in main forums.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #5
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

My god I am sooo excited!!!! A football game just like OOTP!! I hope all the history, stats, and customization is there like OOTP..if it is, this will be an AWESOME game!!
Old 02-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #6
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

I remember seeing some of the earliest videos of the game a couple months ago and got so excited that one day it would come to fruition. The fact that OOTP brought the developer in and will be teaming up to create this game almost guarantees that we will be getting a great game!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:52 PM   #7
packersfan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

CAN'T wait a whole year for this game, BUT a whole year of continued development means it will be a good first edition when it does come out. I looked at the blog and I hope they don't shy away from the complicated financial rules...I think the more realistic, the more fun (of course, you can always include the option to turn off certain rules...this is available in OOTP)...looking forward to it.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:17 AM   #8
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Can we pin this?

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Old 02-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #9
tward13
All Star Starter

Yep here it is
Old 03-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #10
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Q!: Will it be possible to get rid of that ugly football background?

Q2: Will it be possible to truncate the excessive 'player' activity like running on & off the field?
Old 03-18-2014, 03:30 AM   #11
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

The whole look/interface will look different so don't worry about how it looks in those old videos.

At any time you can choose to skip straight to the next snap, saving you waiting.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
The whole look/interface will look different so don't worry about how it looks in those old videos.

At any time you can choose to skip straight to the next snap, saving you waiting.
Thanx, good to know.