Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:23 AM   #1
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

Team playbook creation idea

I know Francis has stated that team specific playbooks aren't a first release feature, but I have an idea that could bring this to fruition sooner.

Build a separate program/app that allows the community to build plays and playbooks that could be tested within the program and verified as effective within the parameters of the code.

Serious NFL fans like me would gladly offer to help build plays/playbooks based on the "all 22" camera feature offered by the NFL Network's NFL Replay online service. Armed with this info, formations, motions, routes, blocking assignments, option and hot routes, etc., could be built from scratch to approximate how the real NFL teams build up playbooks that must be taught and learned for maximum efficiency on the field.

To me, playbook art falls in line with other game art, somewhat independent of core coding issues, but still important enough that others on the outside could help, and I think it would be a lot of fun.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:04 AM   #2
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but the reason separate playbooks won't be in V1 is due to lack of time so the idea of coding a whole separate program doesn't really seem to help !
Old 02-04-2014, 11:09 PM   #3
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

Maybe just use a CAD program?
Old 02-05-2014, 04:20 AM   #4
Jason Moyer
Hall Of Famer

In lieu of custom plays/playbooks, I hope that you'll at least be able to run each play from a variety of formations and packages.

"In 1973, the year I first ran for Congress, the House Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce concluded a year-long investigation that found--and I quote--'drug use exists...in all sports and levels of competition...In some instances, the danger of improper drug use--primarily amphetamines and anabolic steroids--can only be described as alarming'"
-- Henry Waxman
Old 02-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
lere2001
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I wonder if we are just given a black play template, we could draw in all the routes/assignments? Would that help?
Old 02-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #6
Spharv2
Minors (Double A)

If anyone else remembers Front Page Sports Football, and it's playbook creation, that would be the ultimate somewhere down the line. I was in a FBPro98 online league for quite a while. That game was the ultimate in customization. It was a pain to initially set up the books, but once you got the base setup done, you could make small tweaks week to week and be good.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #7
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

I remember FPS, and it was very cool. A lot has happened since then, and I think, if we don't overwhelm Francis with requests, something will eventually be headed our way.

Bottom line for me: I love contributing where I can, but I won't push too hard. There are many digital tools available to draw play art, but the dynamics involved in the game code have to be compatible with the art. Maybe someday... (crosses fingers)
Old 02-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #8
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Quote:
if we don't overwhelm Francis with requests
We need this pinned at the top of the forum