Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: FAQ

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 03:18 AM   #1
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Post What is the best way to create winning lineups in OOTP?

**I'm not certain that this one is complete....please let me know if you have a more complete version.**

CREATING LINUPS

CONTENTS
========
1. Introduction
2. Where Are the Lineup Screens?
3. What Do All Those Buttons Do?
4. How Do I Move Players Into the Batting Order?
5. How Do I Move Players Out of the Batting Order?
6. How Do I Move Players Up and Down In the Batting Order?
7. In the batting order window, what are those numbers under the player names?
8. Where Can I See the L/R Split Totals?
9. What Do the Different Colors Mean?
10. What Do the Different Colors Mean in the "In Game" (PBP) Screens?
11. How Do I change a Batter's Defensive Position in the Batting Order?
12. The [Auto Generate a Lineup] doesn't work?
13. How do I prevent substitutions?
1. INTRODUCTION
============

In this FAQ, I will try to show you how to get around in the various lineup screens, and explain some very basic lineup strategies.

NOTE: In all the examples I will be using this Team Name: TeamX. All mouse clicks will be left-clicks, unless otherwise noted.

2. Where Are the Lineup Screens

When you load the game, the first screen you see will be the Standings screen in the last League you had open. Click on TeamX. This will take you to the TeamX Roster Screen. There are four (4) tabs on the toolbar at the top of the screen: [File], [League], [Teams] and [TeamX]. Move the mouse cursor over the TeamX tab. A drop-down menu opens up. Click on [Lineups]. In the window on the left you will see a list of all the position players currently on TeamX's Active Roster.

3. What Do All Those Buttons Do?

At the top of each stat column are sort-buttons. The default sort is alphabetically by position, showing player's current League stats. To see a player's real-life stats, click on the [Display Real Life Stats] button. You'll notice that this button changes the view back-and-forth between real-life and current league stats. The [Reverse Order] button allows you to sort the columns in ascending order. The ten (10) buttons at the top are pretty much self-explanatory, and come in quite handy to developing your lineups.

4. How Do I Move Players Into the Batting Order?

You move players in typical Windows fashion: Drag 'n Drop. In the left window, click on a player, and drag him to the selected batting position and 'drop' him. You will then see a window listing all the defensive positions. Click on the position you want him to play. This player does not necessarily have to play the position where he is listed. ie. You drag a 1B'man to the batting order window and drop him. You can have him play any position you want. Keep in mind that players playing in positions for which they have no defensive rating, tend to be more prone to commit errors.

5. How Do I Move Players Out of the Batting Order?

Just the reverse of the above, with this one difference. When you drag a player from the batting order over to the roster window, this creates a blank space in the lineup window. In effect, moving a player right-to-left takes that player out of your batting order leaving behind the blank slot.

6. How Do I Move Players Up and Down In the Batting Order?

Same as in #4. You move players in typical Windows fashion: Drag 'n Drop. Click on PlayerA in the batting order, drag him to his new slot in the order, and drop him on top of PlayerB. PlayerB is moved to PlayerA's old position in the order. The two players exchange positions in the batting order.

7. In the batting order window, what are those numbers under the player names?

Those numbers are the player's current league totals, and do not reflect L/R splits.

8. Where Can I See the L/R Split Totals?

Click on the [Batting Stats 2] button. In this screen, the buttons at the top of each column are sortable the same as described in #3.

9. What Do the Different Colors Mean in the Roster Screens?

White = Ready to play
Orange = Minor Injury. Status: Day-to-Day. Click on player name. Look in the Injury Window for Status, Diagnosis, Recovery Time and days remaining on the DL.
Red = Major Injury. Status: Injured. Click on player name. Look in the Injury Window for Status, Diagnosis, Recovery Time and days remaining on the DL.

These color designations are not the same as what you see in the "In Game (PBP)" windows.

10. What Do the Different Colors Mean in the "In Game" (PBP) Screens?

White = Ready to play
Orange = Player is on a hot streak
Blue = Player is on a cold streak
Red = Player is injured, or pitcher is tired
Green = Currently in lineup
Yellow = Pitchers are tired, but not injured. Just need rest.

11. How Do I change a Batter's Defensive Position in the Batting Order?

Just right-click on the player's name in the batting order. You will see all the defensive positions listed. Click on the selected position. If this position is already assigned to another player, that other player's position will go blank, and you will have to assign that other player a new position.

12. The [Auto Generate a Lineup] doesn't work?

When you clicked on the [Auto Generate a Lineup] button, you should have seen a popup message regarding filling out the Depth Charts. In order for the Auto Generate to work, you must first fill out your Depth Charts.

13. How do I prevent substitutions?

Go into the Depth Charts and make sure there are no defensive replacements or utility players listed. Defensive replacements will enter a game if your team is holding a close
lead and the game is in the last inning(s).
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Closed Thread