Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:45 PM   #1
Johnny Case
Minors (Single A)

Historical Simulation Accuracy Question

I'm strictly an Historical Replayer with OOTP -- and it has evolved into the best historical sports sim ever, imho -- but I've noticed a change in the Historical Simulation Accuracy page with versions 19 and 20.

The page ends with the year PREVIOUS to what one is currently playing. For example, I'm midway through a '62 replay (with the BoSox strangely on top the AL), and because the HSA page ends with the '61 stats, I have no idea where my current replay is regarding real vs. replay.

What is the point of the HSA page if one can't check the plus/minus for the current season?
Johnny Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:19 PM   #2
Reed
All Star Starter

Well , you can go to league, stats, teams stats and look at the current team or league total stats. For example, halfway through the season you can look here and then check how it compares to the stats and AI tab.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:36 PM   #3
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Case View Post
I'm strictly an Historical Replayer with OOTP -- and it has evolved into the best historical sports sim ever, imho -- but I've noticed a change in the Historical Simulation Accuracy page with versions 19 and 20.

The page ends with the year PREVIOUS to what one is currently playing. For example, I'm midway through a '62 replay (with the BoSox strangely on top the AL), and because the HSA page ends with the '61 stats, I have no idea where my current replay is regarding real vs. replay.

What is the point of the HSA page if one can't check the plus/minus for the current season?
I was told a coding change in OOTP20 now prevents us from seeing that report until the season is over. It is what it is.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:56 PM   #4
Johnny Case
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
I was told a coding change in OOTP20 now prevents us from seeing that report until the season is over. It is what it is.
Thanks, ps, for the head's up. Well, that sucks. . .

And thank you for all your great work for our hobby.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:24 AM   #5
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I keep finding myself thinking, Johnny Case, why is that such a familiar name to me?

So, apparently there is an MMA/UFC/whatever fighter by that name. But that's not my thing (as the whatever might indicate) so that's not it.

But it dawned on me tonight, "Johnny Case, man of the people"- as one of the characters in the 1939 movie Holiday jokingly refers to the Cary Grant character of that name. Anyway, I'm going to guess your name here has nothing to do with that movie but it's one of my favorites so even if it doesn't I thank you for making me see that movie in my mind's eye once again.

Last edited by BirdWatcher; 08-07-2019 at 12:26 AM.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:27 PM   #6
Johnny Case
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
I keep finding myself thinking, Johnny Case, why is that such a familiar name to me?

So, apparently there is an MMA/UFC/whatever fighter by that name. But that's not my thing (as the whatever might indicate) so that's not it.

But it dawned on me tonight, "Johnny Case, man of the people"- as one of the characters in the 1939 movie Holiday jokingly refers to the Cary Grant character of that name. Anyway, I'm going to guess your name here has nothing to do with that movie but it's one of my favorites so even if it doesn't I thank you for making me see that movie in my mind's eye once again.
Are you kidding, BirdWatcher?

http://ejkred.blogspot.com/2016/09/case.html

Where do you think I grabbed the name from?? :-))

One of my all-time favorites. Nice to meet a comrade. For as Johnny says:

"Whenever I have a problem, I ask myself: 'What would General Motors do?' Then I do the opposite."

Let's change that to Apple, and we're all caught up. :-)

Eddie(aka JC)
Old 08-07-2019, 03:29 PM   #7
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Love my Mac, but you're on it about Apple...or Google...or Microsloth...or Twitter (the Thunderdome for Chiclet brains)...or Tumblr...or...
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:27 PM   #8
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Case View Post
Are you kidding, BirdWatcher?

http://ejkred.blogspot.com/2016/09/case.html

Where do you think I grabbed the name from?? :-))

One of my all-time favorites. Nice to meet a comrade. For as Johnny says:

"Whenever I have a problem, I ask myself: 'What would General Motors do?' Then I do the opposite."

Let's change that to Apple, and we're all caught up. :-)

Eddie(aka JC)
Well, I am gobsmacked. Don't find many people who have even ever heard of this movie.
Wonderful to meet you my friend.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote