Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:30 PM   #1
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

Contraction

Just have a few questions.

1. I understand that there is no built in contraction, IE teams will not be contracted by the option that slowly modifies a league.

2. If you delete a team, what happens to the minors associated with that team? do they become independent or are they also deleted

3. Do you need to make sure to reschedule to prevent major issues if you delete a team?

4. I assume that if you delete a team you need to delete them in pairs for scheduling issues.

5. I read in previous versions that the players in the majors are just become free agents, I assume that is still the case in 20?

Just curious as I have a fantasy league t that I might want to have the great depression take out a few teams as part of the story. (Expand out in the 1920s, then contract a bit in the 1930s, then allow the post war to happen naturally.
Zedwardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:49 AM   #2
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

1. I understand that there is no built in contraction, IE teams will not be contracted by the option that slowly modifies a league.

2. If you delete a team, what happens to the minors associated with that team? do they become independent or are they also deleted
----They are deleted as well. All coaches and players are released into the free agency pool.

3. Do you need to make sure to reschedule to prevent major issues if you delete a team?
-----Yes you have to generate a new schedule but not just for the pro team but also the minors as well

4. I assume that if you delete a team you need to delete them in pairs for scheduling issues.
----If you delete the pro team it takes the minor league teams with it.

5. I read in previous versions that the players in the majors are just become free agents, I assume that is still the case in 20?
---Yes that is the case. You can do a free agent draft to help with the overflow.

Just curious as I have a fantasy league t that I might want to have the great depression take out a few teams as part of the story. (Expand out in the 1920s, then contract a bit in the 1930s, then allow the post war to happen naturally.

I typically contract teams from the modern MLB. I hate having a waterdowned league so I remove around 6 teams.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:26 PM   #3
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Contraction is a horrible horrible mess in OOTP since they dont' support that. Sure you can do it manually but your left with players without homes who immediately become free agents. Sure you can do a free agent draft but that would include all the other free agents as well not just the contracted free agents. It's just not realistic so I would only do that as a last resort. Oh and not to mention it really screws up your league history if you just delete a team especially if they won the title. It will look very Stalin-esqe as that team will just disappear off the record books.

Last edited by andyhdz; 07-31-2019 at 07:28 PM.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 02:49 AM   #4
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Agreeing with andyhdz 100%. Don't contract, you will not be happy with the outcome. It's a mess.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote