Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2022, 03:02 AM   #1
BadluckinOOTP
All Star Starter

Am I allowed to run a prize contest? Oklahoma City 89'ers

Howdy,

I'm working on a new solo league, an alternate history where in the late 1940's the Philadelphia A's move to Oklahoma City and become the Oklahoma City 89'ers The issue is that I'm using the awesome historical logo/jersey/cap sets by Silvam14 and No Pepper, and my logos for my OKC 89'ers pale in comparison to the rest of the league, especially now with the new format.

I'm planning on controlling the OKC 89'ers once they move over from Philadelphia, and then playing on through the modern day. It would be awesome if I could have different sets made for each decade, that would mirror the logos that the other MLB teams would have through the years, starting with the late 40's/early 50's.

I know that might be a tall order for a request, if it's allowed, I'd like to have a handful of competitions, one for each decade and I'd provide a 50 dollar award for the one the community voted as the best. If that isn't allowed, I totally get it. And if that's the case, I'm just asking for some historical logos/sets!

I'm totally down for any design as well as color, I'd be happy with fairly stark redesigns decade to decade.
Old 07-12-2022, 10:55 AM   #2
No Pepper
All Star Starter

The 89ers were a minor league team. There's enough reference out there to remake the real jerseys from the 60's to the 90's. I could do those if you wish. No need to offer money.
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 12:35 PM   #3
BadluckinOOTP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Pepper View Post
The 89ers were a minor league team. There's enough reference out there to remake the real jerseys from the 60's to the 90's. I could do those if you wish. No need to offer money.
That would of course be awesome and they would be used and would be greatly appreciated, but I was more angling for original takes on the logo with design differences as the decades go by.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:33 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

While i do agree that the 23 jerseys do look better, the older ones look good too and it's easy to match pants to most jersey sets. Many Toronto sets would work with these or even Expos if not just use in game sets. I use this set in several leagues even on 23. It''s somewhere on the boards. BBGiovanni maybe? Also I want to see what No Pepper comes up with.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 05:28 PM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

In general, I don't know of a policy about paying for graphics here on the Mods Forum... there is no established protocol.

I have been blessed with many, many fine logos, jerseys and caps over the past 20 years... I often sent the creators PMs offering to buy them the new version of the game in gratitude or sending them and their wives/girl friends out to a nice dinner.

To a person, they all said no...they said they appreciated the offer, but that they got great pleasure out of creating the graphics and enjoyed making them for the community.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 07:28 PM   #6
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

The hallmark of the core community of OOTPers is an honest desire to create community content we can all share. It's without a doubt the most charitable, kind, and giving group of folks I've been privileged to be acquainted with online.

To wit:

100's of schedules
100's of 2d stadiums
100's of 3d stadiums
1000's of logos
1000's of players pix
1000's of sounds
1000's of uniforms

and more I'm probably forgetting/overlooking. I've never been asked to contribute a cent for any of it. I try to give back to the community when I can...to keep the spirit of giving alive and well.

Most importantly, the approachability and willingness to offer advice to rookies is here as well. This community is a genuine treasure.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 07:49 PM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
The hallmark of the core community of OOTPers is an honest desire to create community content we can all share. It's without a doubt the most charitable, kind, and giving group of folks I've been privileged to be acquainted with online.

To wit:

100's of schedules
100's of 2d stadiums
100's of 3d stadiums
1000's of logos
1000's of players pix
1000's of sounds
1000's of uniforms

and more I'm probably forgetting/overlooking. I've never been asked to contribute a cent for any of it. I try to give back to the community when I can...to keep the spirit of giving alive and well.

Most importantly, the approachability and willingness to offer advice to rookies is here as well. This community is a genuine treasure.
AMEN, Brother Ty.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 03:07 AM   #8
1991Twins
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
While i do agree that the 23 jerseys do look better, the older ones look good too and it's easy to match pants to most jersey sets. Many Toronto sets would work with these or even Expos if not just use in game sets. I use this set in several leagues even on 23. It''s somewhere on the boards. BBGiovanni maybe? Also I want to see what No Pepper comes up with.
Those are the version of the 89ers that I created inspired from the fine work of SFGiants58 in his MLB: The Defunct Saga thread! If interested, here is the direct link:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/....php?p=4897828
1991Twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 02:35 AM   #9
BadluckinOOTP
All Star Starter

Those are all awesome! I was hoping for something both original and fitting for the 1950's. I'd like something on par with the other MLB teams in the late 40's/50's, that isn't too flashy and blends in. I've been messing around with the jersey maker, it's awesome, but I'm struggling to get anything I like.