Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #1
Pax25
Minors (Single A)

Job Offers from Other Teams

This has happened to me for the second time. I'm coaching one team and get a PM saying that I have a contract offer from another team. However, there is no way to respond to the PM? You click on respond and eventually the top bars become inactive. If you try to continue it keeps saying you must respond to a PM.

Anyone else have this happen? Unfortunately there is no way to continue the save and I'm afraid to invest time in a new game out of fear that this will just happen again. Help please.
Pax25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #2
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

i've gotten a bunch, but the 'reply' thing always comes after they've hired someone else.
asilvermtzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #3
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

go to manager options and untick when you receive a personal message in the exit auto-play then delete the pm and you should be able to keep playing.thats how i fixed that bug to be able to play.it should also work if you still have a save with that happening
Old 04-03-2014, 09:37 PM   #4
Pax25
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliean View Post
go to manager options and untick when you receive a personal message in the exit auto-play then delete the pm and you should be able to keep playing.thats how i fixed that bug to be able to play.it should also work if you still have a save with that happening
The good news is I was able to continue simming after I deleted the message and unticked the personal message box, however, when I first reloaded the save my last name as well as half the players on my team (and the other teams I think too) had their last name changed to "Smith". Thus, the save is unplayable.

Anyone know how to accept another job while coaching another team? Is this supposed to happen, or do you have to resign from a job first in order to accept another job? I would like to know how this function is supposed to work, especially for games similar to the last game I was playing where I started as an unemployed/greenhorn. Having no ability to accept a better position is kind of a problem. I would have liked to accept the job I was offered.
Pax25 is offline   Reply With Quote