Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

How do the Owners of FHM like this Game ...

I, for one, LOVE this FHM Game ... the potential of this will become the Gold Standard of all PC Hockey games out there ... bar none ... Thanks to you all mates (Sebastian, Malte, Daniela, Markus, Andreas and the rest of the testers, Jeff and others) for this beautiful Game!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
Hologram
Minors (Single A)

It has great potential.
Hologram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
tomwolf2008
Major Leagues

It's still a beta so...

But...I think it's potentially going to be a great game
tomwolf2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
scuffleball
Major Leagues

This thing is literally dripping with potential. I agree, this can become the absolute GOLD standard for hockey sims. Really looking forward to the improvements going forward and especially the addition of the fictional side of things

Also, I've been playing it since I downloaded and it hasn't crashed or locked up on me one time yet. Is it perfect? Of course not, but for a Beta version, it's better than what I had expected, to be honest.

I'm very pleased with this and excited for the future.

Last edited by scuffleball; 03-05-2013 at 09:58 AM.
scuffleball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
Forsbergwannabe
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuffleball View Post
This thing is literally dripping with potential. I agree, this can become the absolutely GOLD standard for hockey sims. Really looking forward to the improvements going forward and especially additional of the fictional side of things

Also, I've been playing it since I downloaded and it hasn't crashed or locked up on me one time yet. Is it perfect? Of course not, but for a Beta version, it's better than what I had expected, to be honest.

I'm very pleased with this and excited for the future.
I would like to echo this sentiment as well, as the game has incredible potential imo. Obviously it still very raw at this point, but it is hard not to get excited about what it probably will become in the future .
Forsbergwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Agreed with the general theme of this thread. This game has the potential to be awesome. I haven't gotten that deep into it yet, but the beta is certainly better than I was expecting out of how early it is (6 months from release).
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
russwg1970
Bat Boy

The game needs a lot of work and polish as expected - being that it's in the beta phase. But having said that, the game is FANTASTIC even in it's current state.

I got EHM 2007 not too long ago and played it for a bit (an hour or so) and just couldn't get into it, the games didn't seem to play out properly and it felt stale - and I haven't played it since.

I played FHM for about 3 hours last night (before I tore myself away from it) and the game results looked really good far exceeded anything I was seeing with EHM.

It's going to be fun to see this game grow and develop over the next 6 months.

Last edited by russwg1970; 03-05-2013 at 09:59 AM.
russwg1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #8
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

If you acknowledge where you are looking from (beta), the view is fantastic.

Like other s are saying, it's a bit on the sketchy side now but this is to be expected. It is playable (actual game maybe no) and very interesting BUT it's ruff...a few patches though and this baby is going to be fantastic!
OpusTheFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

Agree with most, it's beta and has issues but the potential is there. Sure there are some bugs that would be real show stoppers if they made it into the final release but that's true of nearly every beta.

Personally I'm a bit worried about how the minors will be modeled, lots of moving parts for the AI to handle. But I'm sure the team has thought though the issues and at least has a rough idea how they will handle things.

Funny thing - I have no intention to ever play OOTP other than at the major league level. With FHM I have no intention to ever play higher than the ECHL. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #10
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

First impression is it looks great. I hope they use space better then OOTP though and so far alot of wasted space. But that's okay for now because of how early it is in development. Also things like history records (for both teams and league) of stats for players, coaches and GMs are lacking so i hope alot of work goes into that before release. But Overall i'm very impressed.

Riverdome, i remember saying the same thing but then all of a sudden i found myself in leagues where i never thought. This game i'm told will have user GM contracts. With this feature if choosen to use right will allow each user to start from the very bottom and if following the money who knows where you'll end up :P

Last edited by dave1927p; 03-05-2013 at 05:45 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Never thought I'd enjoy a Hockey game but this one has stole my heart Even in these early stages of Beta it is turning me into an actual Hockey fan and I realize it is only gonna get better. I'm quite impressed with how functional it is even before a first beta update! I love it so far!
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #12
Laraque27
Bat Boy

Of course it's unplayable right now, but that was to be expected. Let's clear the most glaring bugs out of the way in the next release, and then they can add some more stats screens and give us more options in the upcoming betas.
Laraque27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #13
Peter10
Minors (Single A)

As said before, if you expect a "real" game right now, you are way off. Of course there soo many things right now that make it impossible to have a "normal" game expierence. However i have to say i am really enjoying the beta. Its a great feeling that you can provide idea how to improve the game.

Also the community seems to be very understanding and helpful with any issue. I think the half year open beta is a great idea for a project like this. Of course for future versions this is no go but for the first edition its just awesome to have to community help out with any issues over a prolonged period of time. This will only help to make this a great product!
Peter10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
laceratedsky
Bat Boy

Honestly, I am just thrilled they allowed me to give them my money early to spur them on to making the best game possible.
laceratedsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #15
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceratedsky View Post
Honestly, I am just thrilled they allowed me to give them my money early to spur them on to making the best game possible.
Everyone who paid has the right to kick our asses to put as much as possible into the first version.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #16
gekkoguy82
Minors (Single A)

I think it's great, beta bugs and all. It's going to be really neat to see this game develop over the next six months leading up to the "official" release Great job gang! Keep up the good work!
gekkoguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #17
SirManager
Bat Boy

I love it! Managed to take the trophy home with first try Noticed that ''offseason'' date is written in finnish, while other dates are in english.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/6369/stanleycupc.jpg (Carolina playoffs)

Last edited by SirManager; 03-06-2013 at 12:39 PM.
SirManager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #18
pisquid
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Love the game so far and can't wait to see the updates as they are released as well as the final version 1.0 in September. I love OOTP, but as a born and bred hockey fan, I'm even more excited about FHM and it's potential. Keep up the good work guys.
pisquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #19
thehip
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I like it. I personally had too many game crashes to keep playing. I certainly like the look and assume and anticipate that the multitude of clicks to get around the game will diminish in future builds.
thehip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #20
telarc30
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I like everything OOTP comes out with! I've been buying their games for 5 or six years now,and have never been let down by them.Come september this will be the greatest hockey game of all time!!! Just got to give them some time with it ya know.
telarc30 is offline   Reply With Quote