Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-06-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Lightbulb Bug report thread

THIS THREAD IS FOR BUG REPORTS ONLY!

OK guys, the game is now available. It got some final testing over the night and it works very stable. The testers did an amazing job! However, a product as complex as OOTP will never release without bugs. There are thousands of people playing now and they will find things we did not discover.

If the game does not run for you at all, please check here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...l-support.html

If you have problems activating the game read this: http://support.ootpdevelopments.com/...kbarticleid=48

This thread is for PROPER bug reporting! If you find a bug, please post a detailed explanation here. We will take care of it over the weekend. If the game crashes reproduceable for you with a certain league file, please zip the league files (just the *.dat files, you find your saved games in your My Documents folder within the Out of the Park Developments folder, i.e. "My Documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 13/saved_games"FTP the league files to our support server (instructions here: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software ) and add the league file name to your post.

On Monday the game will be released to the masses along with patch #1. We will work hard to fix as many reported bugs as possible over the weekend!

This thread is NOT for discussing possible issues with the Major League roster set though! We'll open a separate thread for that.

There is already one known issue, when you play out the first game of a double-header the game crashes at the end when you have "simulate world in the background" enabled in the game options. Please disable this if you want to play out the first game of a double header. We will fix this for the release version / patch #1 on Monday.

Thanks, and enjoy the game!
Markus + Team

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 04-06-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:48 AM   #2
Nugget699
Major Leagues

Ok, I've imported my OOTP 12 league and have noted a few things:

- Start times for games are set to Eastern Time, but my league is based around Australian time so times are set at things like 9am and 2pm ET. Is there a way of changing that to display local time?

- When I enlarge the game to 1680 x 1050 the "j" in Injuries is cut off on the league home page.

- Perhaps not really a "bug" as I've never imported a league before, but Box Scores from games simmed in OOTP12 aren't displaying team logos.

Is there a way to view the html output within the game? I like to look at past scores in the HTML view as they are placed side-by-side as opposed to single-file down the screen like on the "Scores and Schedule" screen when running just 1 conference leagues?

Otherwise, so far so good!
Nugget699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget699 View Post
- Start times for games are set to Eastern Time, but my league is based around Australian time so times are set at things like 9am and 2pm ET. Is there a way of changing that to display local time?
You can set the time zone used for displayed times in the manager options screen.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #4
OutfieldGrass
Minors (Double A)

Not sure if this is just me or just my computer but when I started a league using the MLB rosters that come with the game my manager photo has a very noticeable blue tint. I changed the skin and that did not help. Currently trying to get face gen photos for all players so I will see if it does the same thing for those as well.
OutfieldGrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #5
Nugget699
Major Leagues

God, you've thought of everything!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:53 AM   #6
OutfieldGrass
Minors (Double A)

So I downloaded the face gen files in the add on central and the player photos also have a very noticeable blue tint.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #7
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutfieldGrass View Post
So I downloaded the face gen files in the add on central and the player photos also have a very noticeable blue tint.
Are you on a Mac?
Old 04-06-2012, 05:56 AM   #8
OutfieldGrass
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
Are you on a Mac?
Linux. Should have mentioned that. If I set the photo's to black and white they seem to display just fine. Its only when they are set to normal.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Probably a graphics driver issue. I suggest filing a support ticket.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #10
OutfieldGrass
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Probably a graphics driver issue. I suggest filing a support ticket.
Will do. Its very weird though. Everything else displays just fine and I haven't had any issues with any other program. All drivers are updated. Its only the normal setting.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #11
Ghetto Anthony
Minors (Double A)

First thing I did when I created my first game was I went to:

Manager Options > Picture > Set Facial Type > African

It continually generates a Caucasian man as my portrait. I cannot get it to generate any other ethnicity either. Selecting "New Fictional Picture" also only generates Caucasian men after 50 or so goes.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
Ghetto Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #12
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Anthony View Post

It continually generates a Caucasian man as my portrait. I cannot get it to generate any other ethnicity either. Selecting "New Fictional Picture" also only generates Caucasian men after 50 or so goes.

Yup. Bug. Noted.

Edit: Fixed!

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 04-06-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #13
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Will do. Its very weird though. Everything else displays just fine and I haven't had any issues with any other program. All drivers are updated. Its only the normal setting.
Try to update the OpenGL driver.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #14
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Anthony View Post

It's a bug and I just logged it. Thanks for reporting it!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #15
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

When a game is finished and it appears in the top right corner the score is distorted and "doubled"

meaning it looks like this:

44 4
22 instead of 2

Also when clicked on the game freezes and closes unexpectedly.

Not sure if this is a consistent thing, but it just happened to me with my first attempt at Real-Sim.

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #16
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE View Post
When a game is finished and it appears in the top right corner the score is distorted and "doubled"

44 4
22 instead of 2

Not sure if this is a consistent thing, but it just happened to me with my first attempt at Real-Sim.
I'm not clear on what you're seeing. What screen are you referring to? Could you upload a screenshot? That would really help. Thanks!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #17
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I'm not clear on what you're seeing. What screen are you referring to? Could you upload a screenshot? That would really help. Thanks!
Oh I'm sorry that would've helped!

Um, I can't load a screenshot because the game closed directly after I encountered the problem. However...

I was in real sim mode and my game (with the Red Sox) had completed. Other games were progressing, but I clicked on the highlighted section of the top right portion of the screen where the final score was located.

(4-2)

After I clicked on it I returned to the home page (the very first page/the original) and the score appeared in duplicate in the top right corner (as previously described) and then immediately after I clicked on the score to check it out (to see the box score and what not) the game froze and closed.

Now, I have not tested whether this has occurred on a more frequent basis, but I wonder why it happened of course.

Was that clear? I can try to be more clear if necessary?

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.

Last edited by DustinthePOWERHOUSE; 04-06-2012 at 06:35 AM.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #18
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE View Post

44 4
22 instead of 2

Got it, fixed!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #19
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

Crash to desktop when trying to create a 1995 historical league. I choose options:
Triple A, Double A, Single A.
Use talent ratings and OOTP development engine
Player pictures: All Players
Coach Pictures: All coaches/scouts/managers
Create player pictures: Upon creation
Managing the Royals
Commisioner Mode
Game Name: 1995
Turned off Option Years
Turned off Rule 5 Draft
Turned on allow trading of recently drafted players
Turned off 10/5 rule
Turned on draft pick trading
Changed trading deadline to August 26th
Changed foreigner percentage to 5%
Removed automatically import historical rookies
CUse random rookies from all ers
Base Rookie Fielding Ratings on Career
Pitcher Stamina on Career

Have the all-in-one installed, and also installed the historical facegen pack by Gambo which is almost a completely overlap so I'm not sure a single of of those got installed.

Crashed to desktop before even getting to the Generating fictional pictures thing.

So, I then started another game with all of those same options, but had to change the name to 1995a because it said 1995 already existed (and there is save game folder called 1995 in my data folder, but it can't be selected from the in-game menu).

So my 1995a game was successfully created in that it didn't crash to desktop, but almost every single option I chose when setting up the game went back the default after I started it, except for using random rookies from all eras, and rookie fielding/pitching.
malichai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #20
Nugget699
Major Leagues

OOTP 12 import.

During RTS, I tried to view the game log of a game that was playing live and it showed the game log of the same game ID from the previous season.