Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #21
Kuttner
Minors (Triple A)

Hmmm... what about with financials off. With this fictional league I've been playing with $ off. I don't remember if I saw this with my last financials-enabled league. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysok View Post
I can't reproduce. I can't think of any options that could have been changed that would fool the computer. I've tried changing a few, but everything still works right.
Kuttner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:02 PM   #22
endgame
Hall Of Famer

1901 with a AAA minor league. Is there any chance a reserve roster is coming into play here at all, designating those players as minor leaguers? I don't play historicals, so I'm just not sure about what all plays into those player assignments.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #23
Kuttner
Minors (Triple A)

A couple of very minor news errors -

ID: 533
News - ends hitting streak
"I'm a little down now right now..."

One too many nows, I think.

ID: 513
News - Player of the Week
2nd paragraph - "He went 7-15 to racked up a..."

Rack up

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #24
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuttner View Post
Hmmm... what about with financials off. With this fictional league I've been playing with $ off. I don't remember if I saw this with my last financials-enabled league. Just a thought.
That's it. Reproduced it perfectly with financials off.

Will get a BZ# momentarily.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:08 PM   #25
Kuttner
Minors (Triple A)

Ignore - didn't see your last post. Great news. Thanks!

This is just a 1901 fictional league, not historical per se. I haven't imported or loaded any historical info, I just have it taking place in 1901. I do have the secondary 40-man reserve disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
1901 with a AAA minor league. Is there any chance a reserve roster is coming into play here at all, designating those players as minor leaguers? I don't play historicals, so I'm just not sure about what all plays into those player assignments.

Last edited by Kuttner; 06-23-2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Out of date
Old 06-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #26
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Good work, tysok. Thanks for pointing it out, Kuttner.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:17 PM   #27
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

BZ# 1518 for those keeping score at home.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
Old 06-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #28
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ID: 103
Pitcher pitches shutout
2nd paragraph - "He was pure nasty out there today. I don't think any team in the would've had a chance..."

I assume the name of the league or such should be where those 2 spaces are.
Jumping back to here.
Do you only have 1 league? No sub leagues, American or National? The news there is trying to call the sub league name, and if I recall if there are no sub leagues it returns nothing (even though it should just return the league name).

Old 06-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #29
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A couple of very minor news errors -

ID: 533
News - ends hitting streak
"I'm a little down now right now..."

One too many nows, I think.

ID: 513
News - Player of the Week
2nd paragraph - "He went 7-15 to racked up a..."

Rack up

Thanks!
Fixed those.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:31 PM   #30
Kuttner
Minors (Triple A)

Yup, you nailed that one. I have just one league (4 divisions x 4 teams) with no subleagues.

Quote:
Jumping back to here.
Do you only have 1 league? No sub leagues, American or National? The news there is trying to call the sub league name, and if I recall if there are no sub leagues it returns nothing (even though it should just return the league name).
Old 06-23-2008, 10:39 PM   #31
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
<Tampa Bay Rays:team#27> first baseman <Mark Sweeneylayer#13776> will retire at the end of the season, according to reports out of team headquarters. Sweeney, 38, has been considering retirement since last season sources say, though he has declined to speak publicly about retirement.

"Mark still like baseball," one source said, "He wants to play, but he also knows he's getting up in age and the skills are not what he wants them to be. He says it's physically getting harder to go out there every day. That's why he's hanging up his spikes."

Checking out his career figures, <Sweeneylayer#13776> has played in 1121 games with a .260 batting average. Among his 452 hits are 42 home runs. He also has scored 218 runs, stolen 16 bases and driven in 245 runs.
Missing the 's' - "likes" This was a general news story.

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 06-23-2008 at 10:54 PM.
CHOWDERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:42 PM   #32
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

As a follow up - when will these changes take place? This patch or the July patch?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:53 PM   #33
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

This may be a stylistic decision, but I think the word "League" should be inserted after the word "National". Same goes for the American League POTW. This was a general news story.

Quote:
There's nothing like being in the prime of your baseball career -- and playing like it. Just ask <Alfonso Sorianolayer#13243>, the <Chicago:team#6> center fielder, who swung a sweet bat all week to not only aid his team, but also pick up the National Player of the Week honors.

Soriano piled up 11 hits in 23 at-bats, 3 home runs and 10 RBIs while hitting .478.

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 06-23-2008 at 10:54 PM.
CHOWDERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:06 PM   #34
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yup, you nailed that one. I have just one league (4 divisions x 4 teams) with no subleagues.
I just played around with that... is this a league you've imported from 2007/8?

Either way, maybe, I can go in and edit this at any time. Try going to the game setup - league setup - names and affiliation... even with only 1 subleague I'm seeing boxes to enter sub league 1's name and abbreviation... and I even changed it on 5/1 after a month of games and the news still brings it up right (as in reflecting the new change).

When creating a minor league... uh... league it had those boxes empty, but when creating the major league... league it filled them in with sub league 1 and SL1.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #35
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOWDERHEAD View Post
Missing the 's' - "likes" This was a general news story.
Fixed that one. Picky picky.

Quote:
As a follow up - when will these changes take place? This patch or the July patch?
Probably a later patch... although I'm adding to the pbp, maybe I can get them to release a newer xml file sooner than the official patch.

Quote:
This may be a stylistic decision, but I think the word "League" should be inserted after the word "National". Same goes for the American League POTW. This was a general news story.
There might be other occasions where the word "league" put into the xml would come up wrong. What if you've named it the American Association... then it appears the American Association League, not what you intended.

Supposedly they were going to sort of "officially" suggest that, when naming the leagues, you finish it off... so you named it after MLB "National" and "American" just tack on "League" there and it should work. I don't think we "officially" did anything though.

Last edited by tysok; 06-23-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:20 PM   #36
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=tysok;2514798]
Quote:
Fixed that one. Picky picky.
Thanks for the quick fix on that one.

Quote:
Probably a later patch... although I'm adding to the pbp, maybe I can get them to release a newer xml file sooner than the official patch.
That is good to know. The sooner the better if you ask me

Quote:
There might be other occasions where the word "league" put into the xml would come up wrong. What if you've named it the American Association... then it appears the American Association League, not what you intended.

Supposedly they were going to sort of "officially" suggest that, when naming the leagues, you finish it off... so you named it after MLB "National" and "American" just tack on "League" there and it should work. I don't think we "officially" did anything though.
That is good to know - I think I will make that change on my end.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:41 AM   #37
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Red face

Sorry, Eugene. I sent that PM before I saw this thread.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:04 AM   #38
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
Sorry, Eugene. I sent that PM before I saw this thread.
I posted your PBP critique on the Beta PBP Subforum, so tysok would see them.

He and pstrickert are our PBP experts.

Thanks for sending your comments.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:05 AM   #39
TigerGDK
Minors (Double A)

(m)inor spelling error...

...with a small "M"

News article released about the draft pool (16 May title Draft Pool Released)....the word "career" lost its last "r"

Search for: "Still others will battle through, gain that coveted footing, and go on to have a solid professional caree."
TigerGDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #40
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerGDK View Post
...with a small "M"

News article released about the draft pool (16 May title Draft Pool Released)....the word "career" lost its last "r"

Search for: "Still others will battle through, gain that coveted footing, and go on to have a solid professional caree."
Fixed that one.