Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:05 AM   #21
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Cards, probably the 'Stros in the AL. I was a Cruz fan in Houston as a kid.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:13 AM   #22
mirrf
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrf View Post
Hey, I made a list!

Yea, I'll be rooting for the A's. Maybe, just maybe, they can win a playoff series.*

* We all know they will lose it, and Billy Beane will be blamed...
The curse of Canseco strikes again.

Quote:
Time is like a crystal pool in front of a mirror, wrapped in a fortune cookie. It is to be eaten, but the glass shards will burn brightest when coming out the back end.
mirrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:41 PM   #23
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Legit feel bad for you, man. Only good news is that there is hope for a team with a low payroll. If the Rays can advance with half the payroll of the A's, then no reason the A's can't.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:33 PM   #24
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Yep, only the Nationals to root for now...Sorry dude
Hageneezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:46 PM   #25
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Man, if it's the Dodgers/Cardinals/Yankees/Astros that would be the most awful outcome imaginable. How can I root against all teams at once? It'll probably be good for viewership though.

Have to hope the Nationals win tonight, even though I'm indifferent to them.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:53 AM   #26
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Dodgers

Then it gets complicated
I don't want to lose to the Astros again, but the Astros are, objectively, awesome.
Similarly, the Rays and A's are pretty cool.
I also have an affinity for the Nats after living in the DMV for 3 years.
Milwaukee is unobjectionable
As are the Twins

Braves - objectionable

Cardinals and Yankees? No.
Welp

Go Nationals and Astros
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:58 PM   #27
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

I guess I have to switch my allegiance to the Astros. Mainly because of our old friend Michael Brantley.

When he was here in Cleveland the media nicknamed Brantley "Dr. Smooth" because of his perfect swing and because of his unflappable way of playing the game. He never gets too emotional. Just does everything with such grace, seemingly without effort. He's a really good player and seems like a nice fellow too.

Cleveland didn't want to pay him respectable free agent money because of his age. It would be great if he wins a World Series ring after leaving here.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:15 PM   #28
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
I guess I have to switch my allegiance to the Astros. Mainly because of our old friend Michael Brantley.

When he was here in Cleveland the media nicknamed Brantley "Dr. Smooth" because of his perfect swing and because of his unflappable way of playing the game. He never gets too emotional. Just does everything with such grace, seemingly without effort. He's a really good player and seems like a nice fellow too.

Cleveland didn't want to pay him respectable free agent money because of his age. It would be great if he wins a World Series ring after leaving here.
I'm rooting for the Nationals, can't bring myself to root for the Astros since I am a Mariners fan and we need the Astros down 2 or 3 notches to have a chance.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:36 PM   #29
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Despite them beating my Dodgers, I'm rooting for the Nats because they seem to be a pretty cool underdog story with likable players. And, being a Dodger fan, while the Cards aren't quite up there with the Giants, I'm inclined to root against StL in most circumstances.

In the AL, I'm no fan of Houston, but there's no way I can root for the Yankees, despite liking Judge. I mean, from my perspective, no fans are as insufferable as Yankee fans, except Laker fans (of which, despite my Dodger allegiance, I am decidedly not one)... Well, of course, you have Raider fans, but that's a whole 'nuther dynamic
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote