Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 09-27-2018, 09:07 AM   #41
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
If you want to earn player card packs in a Challenge Mode solo league, you need to play in a league which was initially created in Challenge Mode. Converting existing leagues into Challenge Mode is not an option because it would allow easy cheating, sorry.
Would a league created in a previous version *in Challenge Mode* and ported forth to OOTP 19 work?

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:58 AM   #42
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Would a league created in a previous version *in Challenge Mode* and ported forth to OOTP 19 work?
I think it would, IIRC.
Markus Heinsohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:08 PM   #43
Maddox
All Star Reserve

So looking forward to giving this a shot. The other games ultimate modes have left me cold, requiring way to much grinding. I like this approach better.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:22 AM   #44
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
So looking forward to giving this a shot. The other games ultimate modes have left me cold, requiring way to much grinding. I like this approach better.
I agree... when I play MLB the Show's Diamond Dynasty I am confused as heck about the three "currencies" (Stubbs, Tickets, XPs) or how to accomplish missions etc. It's way too much for me (maybe I am getting old) and the interface is a nightmare. In Perfect Team the goal was to design it straight-forward, so it's easy to dive in and have some fun.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:01 AM   #45
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I agree... when I play MLB the Show's Diamond Dynasty I am confused as heck about the three "currencies" (Stubbs, Tickets, XPs) or how to accomplish missions etc. It's way too much for me (maybe I am getting old) and the interface is a nightmare. In Perfect Team the goal was to design it straight-forward, so it's easy to dive in and have some fun.
I have no problem with the currency and I understand their program and mission structure. The problem with MLB The Show, especially this year, is the sheer amount of active time they expect you to spend in the game to accomplish even the simplest of missions.That and the fact that flipping cards for a profit seems almost mandatory to advance some of their programs.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:51 AM   #46
exotarih
Bat Boy

Thanks for the information! Is this ever going to be available to the LInux users? I'm afraid there is going to be more and more features lacking from the Linux version in the future ...
exotarih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:51 AM   #47
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by exotarih View Post
Thanks for the information! Is this ever going to be available to the LInux users? I'm afraid there is going to be more and more features lacking from the Linux version in the future ...
No, I am sorry. The service provider we use for the technology does not support Linux.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:06 PM   #48
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The open beta will start mid / late October. And the official launch probably a few weeks after that. By the way, unless something bad happens, we will not reset the leagues / teams after the open beta, so you can dive right in once the open beta starts,
It sounds (from another answer) like purchasing PPs will be enabled (on some platforms) during the open beta. If that's correct, and something bad does happen causing things to be reset, will purchases be refunded/have the PP added back to the account, or will any spent PP be lost in the reset? i.e. is it safe to purchase and spend PPs during beta, or will there be some risk of loss if something goes haywire and things are reset?
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:13 AM   #49
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_gringo View Post
It sounds (from another answer) like purchasing PPs will be enabled (on some platforms) during the open beta. If that's correct, and something bad does happen causing things to be reset, will purchases be refunded/have the PP added back to the account, or will any spent PP be lost in the reset? i.e. is it safe to purchase and spend PPs during beta, or will there be some risk of loss if something goes haywire and things are reset?
It'll be save. It's technically impossible the PP get lost, even if we have to reset the servers (which is extremely unlikely) we can recover the PP.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:19 AM   #50
npbrighton
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the update guys, looking forward tp trying it out.
npbrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:16 PM   #51
Wayllander
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looking forward to it. My offer of fielding the Hamburg Hammers for closed beta access is still on the table
Wayllander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:11 AM   #52
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

Quote:
Yes, that's the idea here. You don't have to be involved for every sim, but if you so desire, you can. I expect there will be many different types of users, some will be checking the results constantly and manage their team between all sims, and some will just set their team up, let the sims run and then only make changes when they earned enough Perfect Points to get more card packs.

By the way, for OOTP 20 we hope to include Perfect Team in our mobile baseball game MLB Manager, too. So you can manage your team on the go, cross-platform.

Yes! That’d be a great plus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2018, 04:58 PM   #53
drewandpedey
Minors (Double A)

getting closer and close to late october, any chance we will here an official beta release date any time soon?
drewandpedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:30 PM   #54
neugey
All Star Reserve

Looks like fun. One thing I am wondering - would it ever be possible for an OOTP customer to have more than one Perfect Team? This could be for someone might want to have the best team possible they try to get to the Major Leagues with, but then also have another team that is for fun, maybe focusing on their favorite players or players fitting a theme like All-Time Cardinals.
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:13 PM   #55
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewandpedey View Post
getting closer and close to late october, any chance we will here an official beta release date any time soon?
Yes, we are still shooting for late October!
Old 10-18-2018, 02:14 PM   #56
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by neugey View Post
Looks like fun. One thing I am wondering - would it ever be possible for an OOTP customer to have more than one Perfect Team? This could be for someone might want to have the best team possible they try to get to the Major Leagues with, but then also have another team that is for fun, maybe focusing on their favorite players or players fitting a theme like All-Time Cardinals.
No. But we will have tournaments soon, so your Perfect Team can participate in different competitions (with different rules) at the same time.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:04 PM   #57
AdamD
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
No. But we will have tournaments soon, so your Perfect Team can participate in different competitions (with different rules) at the same time.
Will these tournaments be happening in parallel to your normal perfect team league and will you be able to setup your lineup differently in the two competitions.

For example: In my next few games in my league I'm facing some right handed pitching but in the tournament I'm up against a lefty.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:44 AM   #58
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
Will these tournaments be happening in parallel to your normal perfect team league and will you be able to setup your lineup differently in the two competitions.

For example: In my next few games in my league I'm facing some right handed pitching but in the tournament I'm up against a lefty.
Yes!
Old 11-03-2018, 09:32 AM   #59
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

WOW, this is TONS of fun.

Thank you Markus and Team!
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote