Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 09-06-2017, 05:30 AM   #1
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Anybody see this?

http://gmgames.org/2017/09/05/dds-pr...w-pc-download/
Old 09-06-2017, 11:17 AM   #2
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

I downloaded the demo last night and it is a HUGE improvement from the 2016 version. I think this game will scratch the itch that we all want/need for a pro football game, but I want to play it more before I make a decision on dropping $35 on it. But so far I like what I am seeing.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:52 AM   #3
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Thanks for making me aware of this. I usually get an email from Wolverine when a new game comes out, but haven't seen one yet. I played the last version and it was(to be nice) not good. I'll play the demo first, and probably wait for a patch or two, and follow feedback from the forums. Brooks started the game on his own years ago before joining Wolverine. I continue to look for an alternative to Front Office Football.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #4
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Any detailed feedback on this game? It looks good, but I haven't had the chance to download the demo.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:25 PM   #5
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

They have a pretty good thread on their site with first impressions and a list of some bugs that they are working on. I found it to be a little cumbersome and I would recommend waiting until a patch or two are released before looking into buying it.

That being said, it does have promise.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:36 PM   #6
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
They have a pretty good thread on their site with first impressions and a list of some bugs that they are working on. I found it to be a little cumbersome and I would recommend waiting until a patch or two are released before looking into buying it.

That being said, it does have promise.
Yeah, I noticed there quite a few complaints about bugs and such. Looks like you don't have the option of playing historical teams, or even modern teams with modern players. No mods yet either, but it's early.

It's almost like 1/3rd of OOTP! But, yes, it seems promising.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:12 PM   #7
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

They have a real world mod out, but it looks like there are some import issues with it that people are finding (like Centers and Corners being mixed up so there are Centers weighing 170 lbs).

It is a good alternative for a market that is lacking a new non Madden or Front Office football game, but (not trying to sound like an OOTP fan boy) I don't think I am going to fully jump in until they release their football game (no matter how long it takes).
Old 09-12-2017, 03:49 PM   #8
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

That was my mod. Yeah I mismapped a position and that caused an issue. I've run a ton off test sims with it and it doesn't mess with the results (those guys aren't good enough to make a roster). The one import issue someone had is resolved. They were putting it in the wrong folder.

I always hate promoting other games here, and I am looking forward to the football game here, but they do a great job over there. Brooks constantly listens to feedback, squashes bugs and works to add features.

Most of the "bugs" being reported are more requests than bugs. They do have a patch in the way that resolves even those, though. At the very least, give the demo a shot.

Last edited by gbmoore121; 09-12-2017 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #9
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

I think a lot of us are spoiled with how customizable OOTP is and it skews our view on other games. I did play the demo and I think it's a good game, I just want to see what changes the patch makes....plus the lack of real players made it hard to get into the game (for me) because it had been a while since I played a WS game for more than a week.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:06 AM   #10
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

I did update the mod with center weights and removed the centers that were cb's.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:41 AM   #11
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

I have a mac, not a pc
Old 09-14-2017, 05:34 AM   #12
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
I have a mac, not a pc
Same, but I thought I'd bring it to peoplesattention anyway.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #13
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Just another reason that every other game is inferior to OOTP, who makes theirs for Mac, PC, and Linux systems
Old 09-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #14
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

i wish they would abandon that twitter feed. I don't think too many GMs of football teams are getting their news from the league (signings etc) on twitter. WS tends to use emails and tweets instead of reports. I'll likely be purchasing it though and giving it a try in the next couple months.

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-16-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #15
james17
All Star Starter

A Lot to Like and Fix

Overall a well-thought out game. I played the demo and there are several rough spots but a few patches should straighten that out and I might get it eventually but will keep waiting for OOTP's game. Hope that is much like OOTP 18 baseball. Or, even OOTP 08 baseball.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:09 AM   #16
sflcat61
Minors (Double A)

Does anyone know if the late game logic has been fixed? The fact that a trailing team was letting 30-40 seconds pass between plays in the last few minutes of a close game drove me crazy. Of course, this was before it joined the DDS lineup.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:25 AM   #17
progen
All Star Starter

I took the plunge and purchased the game, after enjoying playing the demo. I was going to wait for a patch or two, but got antsy, and reminded myself that like OOTP back in the day, this is only the second(I think) version, and will be fun to watch the game develop over time. I thought the draft piece was done well, and had a lot of fun with that, and this version includes coaches.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #18
RavensNation
Bat Boy

So is it worth buying then? Also, can you definitely change players and teams to real names? Not sure I could do it if it's all fake stuff
Old 10-02-2017, 07:45 AM   #19
progen
All Star Starter

If you're in career mode, you can change the players names, height, weight, age, salary, experience, college, and jersey number, but not the ratings. If you're in sandbox mode, you can change everything, including the ratings. It's like being in commish mode in OOTP. And in sandbox mode, you can take control of as many teams as you want. And there are many options for setting up the game, from having the normal 32 team league, to over 40 other choices. And currently, you can go back to 1970.

Currently, I'm just into my second season. The draft was a lot of fun, and you can put as much, or as little time into it as you want. I only sim my games, and the injury piece seems pretty close to real life. I have a spreadsheet set up to track my draft picks over the years, and see how they do. The trade piece isn't bad, and I've found it not all that easy to take advantage of the AI. I did see on the forums, for guys who play out their games, there is no two minute warning, but not sure if that will get added in the next patch. After your game, you can go in and watch the play by play, or just view it(Get a typed breakdown of each play).

I go back and forth between sports with my sim games, and I'm taking a small break from OOTP baseball, so this is a decent change. If you expect it to be like OOTP, then you'll probably be disappointed, but for me, a guy who just can't go back to FOF (and I played the heck out of that game years ago), this is a nice change. And I'm Ok with spending the $34.99, as over the years, besides OOTP, I have supported Gary and the team at Wolverine Studios.

Last edited by progen; 10-02-2017 at 07:54 AM.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:48 AM   #20
Reggie
Major Leagues

So I played the demo. I guess I don't understand how the timeout works. Also, the play calling choices could use some work.. might be because I'm in demo mode..donno.