Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:17 PM   #1
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

SERIOUSLY hooked and I need your help!

I was checking out YouTube videos last night and I decided to give expansion a try with a test. In other words, I set up a quickie MLB league and expanded with the Montreal Expos and a made up team, the Kansas City Outlaws. I became GM of the Expos, did the first five rounds of the expansion draft and found that THIS is the way I want to play OOTP! I...was...HOOKED!
Here's where I need your help, please..... I dont know how to get real Expos unis or even made up unis. I dont know how to use or load all of the great jersey creators or cap creators, etc. I need step by step instructions! I am not on the computer enough to do this type of stuff on a regular basis, so I dont know how to do it.
As I said, I need simple, basic, kindergarten instructions to use these things. I also need patience from you guys to learn it.
Thanks!
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:20 PM   #2
'94 EXPOS
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
I was checking out YouTube videos last night and I decided to give expansion a try with a test. In other words, I set up a quickie MLB league and expanded with the Montreal Expos and a made up team, the Kansas City Outlaws. I became GM of the Expos, did the first five rounds of the expansion draft and found that THIS is the way I want to play OOTP! I...was...HOOKED!
Here's where I need your help, please..... I dont know how to get real Expos unis or even made up unis. I dont know how to use or load all of the great jersey creators or cap creators, etc. I need step by step instructions! I am not on the computer enough to do this type of stuff on a regular basis, so I dont know how to do it.
As I said, I need simple, basic, kindergarten instructions to use these things. I also need patience from you guys to learn it.
Thanks!
An expansion player who is playing as the Expos!!!!! I love it!!!! Unfortunately I am a computer idiot so I will be piggybacking any unis you get...I have seen some nice ones so I know they exist!
'94 EXPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:33 PM   #3
TuckerDuckson
Major Leagues

These?

Just save these images to your ballcap/jersey folders in your directory which should be here on steam:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Out of the Park Baseball 18\default_data

Plays legit baseball now. My OOTP ratings are low.

2022 update: I'm two stars!

Last edited by TuckerDuckson; 04-24-2017 at 09:36 PM.
TuckerDuckson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:36 PM   #4
Hooray Saturday
Minors (Triple A)

Download these files from OOTP Mods

Historical Uniforms
https://ootpmods.com//tiki-download_...hp?fileId=3306

Historical Ballcaps
https://ootpmods.com//tiki-download_...hp?fileId=3308

Historical Logos
https://ootpmods.com//tiki-download_...hp?fileId=3307

extract these files into your Uniforms, Ballcaps, and Logos folders which should all be found in Documents->Out Of The Park Developments->OOTP Baseball 18

then go to Team Settings, and press the Modify Team Colors, Logos, and Textures button.

then for each Jersey and ballcap press "select", do a search for Expos, and pick out which uniform and ballcap you want. do the same thing for your Logo.

once you've got that down, you can go and download some fictional uniform/ballcap/logo packs and find something for the Kansas City Outlaws. Or you could make them the St Louis Browns or something and use some historical logos/unis.
Hooray Saturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:47 PM   #5
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Tucker and Hooray, do I copy and paste those file lines you gave me? If I do, where in my files do I put them?

I told you this would be kindergarten instruction!
Old 04-24-2017, 09:54 PM   #6
TuckerDuckson
Major Leagues

Quote:
Tucker and Hooray, do I copy and paste those file lines you gave me? If I do, where in my files do I put them?

I told you this would be kindergarten instruction!
Pretty sure you can just save them as "Save As" then label them as Expos (year number) then put them in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Out of the Park Baseball 18\default_data

Once you get here, go to the jersey for the jerseys and ballcaps for the ballcaps.

Literally, you can open a folder and just paste: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Out of the Park Baseball 18\default_data in and it will take you to the default data folder.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:22 PM   #7
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

I have nothing to do with Steam. Does that matter? I have my OOTP '17 on a Windows Vista and have the regular Documents, Pictures, etc. files. I know there is an OOTP file with jerseys, sounds, etc. Can I paste all of these into a file there?!
Old 04-24-2017, 10:26 PM   #8
TuckerDuckson
Major Leagues

Quote:
I have nothing to do with Steam. Does that matter? I have my OOTP '17 on a Windows Vista and have the regular Documents, Pictures, etc. files. I know there is an OOTP file with jerseys, sounds, etc. Can I paste all of these into a file there?!
Yea, I don't see why not.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:58 PM   #9
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Tucker & Hooray,
I tried to copy and paste Tucker's file under all of the images and the three files from Hooray and NONE of them would paste. When I tried to paste them in my OOTP jersey files, the Paste word was dim. It wouldnt take.
I tried to download from Hooray's three files by clicking on them. I tried caps and jerseys at the same time and they both failed! The rectangles appeared at the bottom of the screen and showed they were loading, but after a little bit, they both gave fail messages.
Should I have tried them one at a time? Maybe two was too much to do at the same time??

Whoops...I should clarify that I tried just the jerseys in the jersey files and they didnt paste. I didnt try to paste caps and logos in jerseys.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:12 PM   #10
Hooray Saturday
Minors (Triple A)

personally i download the files, extract them into my Downloads folder, then drag all of the files into each individual folder.

so.... download Jerseys.... extract.... copy all of those files into your Documents->Out Of The Park Developments->OOTP Baseball 17->Jerseys folder.

next ballcaps... extract... copy to Documents->Out Of The Park Developments->OOTP Baseball 17->Ballcaps folder.

then logos...extract.... copy to Documents->Out Of The Park Developments->OOTP Baseball 17->Logos folder.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:17 PM   #11
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Last thing then I am calling it a night. What do you mean by extract?
Old 04-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #12
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

I'm no expert on this stuff, but this works for fictional jerseys/logos/caps so I don't see why it wouldn't here.

1. Save the jerseys/logos/caps as "jerseys_montreal_expos" (for caps, replace "jerseys" with "caps". For logos, omit "jerseys_", you only need "city_nickname")...preferably as a .PNG file.

2. Go to your OOTP 18 folder, and a bunch of folders will pop up. Copy and paste the jersey file into "jerseys", the cap file into "ballcaps", and the logo(s) into "logos". This will put the files into OOTP so the next time you start your game, it will automatically load them for you.

That should be it...hope this helps. The process works for me for fictional, and IIRC it works the same for this.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #13
Hooray Saturday
Minors (Triple A)

if you're having trouble downloading the files from the direct links you could try going to the page on OOTP Mods and downloading from there.... they are called Historical Jerseys Compilation and Historical Ballcaps Compilation.

http://ootpmods.com//tiki-index.php?...page_ref_id=77

Logos are here:

http://ootpmods.com//tiki-index.php?...page_ref_id=75
Old 04-24-2017, 11:23 PM   #14
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Ok, Hooray...I am outta here, but will try some of this later tomorrow. Please keep an eye out as I might be calling for you and Tucker again!

THANKS for everything!
Old 04-25-2017, 12:05 AM   #15
TuckerDuckson
Major Leagues

Quote:
Ok, Hooray...I am outta here, but will try some of this later tomorrow. Please keep an eye out as I might be calling for you and Tucker again!

THANKS for everything!
Anytime

Old 04-25-2017, 12:40 PM   #16
Coltrane
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooray Saturday View Post
Download these files from OOTP Mods

Historical Uniforms
https://ootpmods.com//tiki-download_...hp?fileId=3306

Historical Ballcaps
https://ootpmods.com//tiki-download_...hp?fileId=3308

Historical Logos
https://ootpmods.com//tiki-download_...hp?fileId=3307

extract these files into your Uniforms, Ballcaps, and Logos folders which should all be found in Documents->Out Of The Park Developments->OOTP Baseball 18

then go to Team Settings, and press the Modify Team Colors, Logos, and Textures button.

then for each Jersey and ballcap press "select", do a search for Expos, and pick out which uniform and ballcap you want. do the same thing for your Logo.

once you've got that down, you can go and download some fictional uniform/ballcap/logo packs and find something for the Kansas City Outlaws. Or you could make them the St Louis Browns or something and use some historical logos/unis.
Wowzer! I had no idea these all existed in one place! Thanks much
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:38 PM   #17
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Ok, I put this: https://ootpmods.com//tiki-download_...hp?fileId=3306 into the server http box that pops on on the Add On Central. It said file saved successfully, but...I can't seem to scroll down to it. The Add Ons seem to be cut off. Observe...
Name:  screenshot_2017-04-25_17-33-04.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  210.5 KB
So I dont know if it is down the list out of site or not?!
Is there a way to delete some of those add ons on that list that I will never use and maybe what I have added will rise up the list?

Last edited by ForeverRoyalKC; 04-25-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:46 PM   #18
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Try putting your mouse icon on the bar beside the mod names and move the scroll bar up until you see "Install" then click on that and it will be placed in the proper file.
JaBurns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:57 PM   #19
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

JaBurns, there isnt any that say Install at the top. The ones you dont see that are at the top of that list are ones I have already got in the game that say Re-Install or ones I dont want to use.
Whenever I enter a new server, it appears at the very bottom of my Add On list. When I hit install and it is finished, it appears with the others at the top that say Re-Install. So I am guessing it is there out of sight with no way to get to it.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:13 PM   #20
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Not sure what you are trying to ask but if there are ones above that say "Reinstall" then they are already installed in the proper files. I don't know how to remove any from the list. Have fun you should go over to mods forum if you want to see some jerseys, logos, and caps. TXranger's are unbelievable!
JaBurns is online now   Reply With Quote