Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:34 PM   #1
bluebeetle
Bat Boy

All But Over

Hello,

This project is dead. Right? For understandable reasons, this project has been delayed several times. There is a saying in the restaurant world. "If you make 10 mistakes tonight, 9 of them will be on the same table."

This seems to be one of those cursed projects. Let's take stock of what we know:

1. The initial Lead has a serious health issue.
2. After a delay, a new Lead is found.
3. The new lead makes the assessment that serious course changes are required.
4. The new Lead has a familial situation that causes him to step back.
5. There has been no communication since January. (?)

Nobody is at fault here, just bad luck.

Seems to me like this project is dead, even if the OOTP guys don't want to admit it yet. It's a small company and the organizational energy just isn't behind it anymore.

The silence is deafening.

My advice: Just tell your fans it's dead until further notice. That is the respectful thing to do for us. At this point, we are in a vicious cycle of expectation and anticipation will kill the actual joy of the actual product.
I would simply have a post telling us what suspect is the truth: We don't have the people and energy to give to this project. Then you lock down the forums so the rumor and resentment mill doesn't build.

Whenever you get the ability to tackle this project again, just come out with new name and logo and everyone will cheer. Open up the old forums and everyone will rejoice.

If you don't do anything and let this just hang; eventually the anticipation will turn to resentment. People will think you don't respect your customers. (Even if it's not true.)

My advice: Please level with your fanbase. We can handle it. Just stop leaving us in the dark.

Am I crazy here? Does anyone else feel this way?
Old 03-30-2017, 03:18 PM   #2
shane.m.haff@gmail.com
Bat Boy

Agree 100%
Old 03-31-2017, 04:15 PM   #3
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Agreed. I will support a football game made by OOTP Developments whenever it comes about. I just want transparency.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:38 AM   #4
james17
All Star Starter

Agree. Plus I'm getting the feeling nobody at OOTP even looks at this board any more. Are we being totally ignored?
Old 04-03-2017, 08:37 AM   #5
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Isn't this almost exactly, other than the major medical issue with the initial lead developer, the exact way it went with Wolverine Studios at first? They announced the game...went through several developers...and then eventually just pulled it till they bought out someone else's game?
Old 04-03-2017, 03:27 PM   #6
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox000 View Post
Isn't this almost exactly, other than the major medical issue with the initial lead developer, the exact way it went with Wolverine Studios at first? They announced the game...went through several developers...and then eventually just pulled it till they bought out someone else's game?
Pretty much the same scenario. Wolverine bought the other game added a few screens and tried to pass it off as a new game. They are now developing a College game based on it.

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Old 04-13-2017, 11:54 AM   #7
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
Agree. Plus I'm getting the feeling nobody at OOTP even looks at this board any more. Are we being totally ignored?
No, you're not being ignored. The simple fact is we just don't have anything to announce at this time. The game is being worked on, as Markus said in his AMA on Reddit, (and I'm paraphrasing) It'll be out when it's ready.

For that matter, when we feel we have something substantial to announce, we will as well. But people are watching and listening.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #8
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

These things take a LOT of time...especially if you want it to be up to par with OOTP.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:02 PM   #9
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
No, you're not being ignored. The simple fact is we just don't have anything to announce at this time. The game is being worked on, as Markus said in his AMA on Reddit, (and I'm paraphrasing) It'll be out when it's ready.

For that matter, when we feel we have something substantial to announce, we will as well. But people are watching and listening.
Probably a dumb question but...

I'm an old guy and don't know much about Reddit or AMA's. Is there a link you can post that would take us to what Markus had to say?
Old 04-13-2017, 06:26 PM   #10
BradG223
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post

I trust you guys, but it is disconcerting that the the leading developer hasn't posted on the forums in almost half a year, November 20th.

I would like to see an update from Michael Winter, even if all he has to say is that there is not much to report on. Once again, I do trust you guys and am incredibly grateful.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:01 PM   #11
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
Probably a dumb question but...

I'm an old guy and don't know much about Reddit or AMA's. Is there a link you can post that would take us to what Markus had to say?
https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/co...f_out/dcw64sr/
Old 04-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #12
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradG223 View Post
I trust you guys, but it is disconcerting that the the leading developer hasn't posted on the forums in almost half a year, November 20th.

I would like to see an update from Michael Winter, even if all he has to say is that there is not much to report on. Once again, I do trust you guys and am incredibly grateful.

So you get an update from an OOTP guy who says there is nothing to report and that just isn't good enough for you? Do you really need the lead developer to come in here and say the exact same thing?

Here is a quote from Marcus today in the OOTP18 patch release

Quote:
We'll continue to work on the game in the next weeks and release more updates, and we'll also continue development on our super secret OOTP-related project, which will launch in late summer / fall. Stay tuned!
Let the speculation begin!
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 04-14-2017, 06:07 PM   #13
PoopyJoe69
Minors (Triple A)

Without saying anything concrete, I don't think it's anything BTS related.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:30 PM   #14
james17
All Star Starter

I don't think BTS is a 'super secret' project seeing as how it was announced as under development 2 years ago and the fact that they set up this forum.

Must be something else?
Old 04-15-2017, 10:15 PM   #15
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

It was supposed to be released 2 years ago
Old 04-16-2017, 07:40 AM   #16
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

>> It was supposed to be released 2 years ago

19 March 2015 in stroke.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:03 PM   #17
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
>> It was supposed to be released 2 years ago

19 March 2015 in stroke.

How is your recovery going, Francis? Any improvement?
Old 04-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #18
andyhdz
All Star Starter

I agree. Football sims do seem to have bad luck around them while hockey, baseball, and even basketball have no problems.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:21 AM   #19
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

>>How is your recovery going, Francis? Any improvement?

Speech Difficulties
Old 04-18-2017, 04:41 PM   #20
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
>>How is your recovery going, Francis? Any improvement?

Speech Difficulties
No rush. Your recovery is infinitely more important than the game. Best wishes!