Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues

Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues All issues that have been logged and given a TT # are stored here until fixed

Old 03-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #1
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Historical League Crashes when League Structure Changes

I loaded a game with lahman beginning in 1901 with auto expansion and put all teams in 1 subleague. Simming until Ty Cobb enters the game, I crashed twice in two attempts because of the changed league structure. Team names were not changed.
bababui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

was this due to the schedule?

Baseball Maelstrom - New York Mets - 180-149 .547
Corporate League Baseball - Coke Buzz - 889-649 .578
Western Hemisphere Baseball League - Santiago Saints - 672-793 .459

Record - 2428-2271 .517
disposableheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:48 PM   #3
ctorg
Global Moderator

I was going to ask if you had the option to import structure changes automatically checked, but then I realized that I can't seem to find that option anywhere. Certainly there must be a way to NOT have the league automatically change via Lahman, right?

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababui View Post
I loaded a game with lahman beginning in 1901 with auto expansion and put all teams in 1 subleague. Simming until Ty Cobb enters the game, I crashed twice in two attempts because of the changed league structure. Team names were not changed.

Are you stating that you put all 16 teams in one division ? Just trying to get a clearer view of what you did here.
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:31 PM   #5
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycobbler View Post
Are you stating that you put all 16 teams in one division ? Just trying to get a clearer view of what you did here.

Yes. Maybe I'm wrong. but the game cant recognize the teams when the division structure changes. The game should crash after the first season because Milwaukee moves if I am remembering correctly.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:28 AM   #6
Solack
All Star Reserve

I'm not sure I understand what you're doing. I've created a league in 1901 in lahman and simmed all the way to 2006+ without any problems. This is with all the items set to automatic.

Are you changing the leagues structure and then continuing?
Old 04-10-2007, 04:45 AM   #7
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solack View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you're doing. I've created a league in 1901 in lahman and simmed all the way to 2006+ without any problems. This is with all the items set to automatic.

Are you changing the leagues structure and then continuing?
Put all 16 teams in a single league..changing nothing else..and the game crashes when teams relocate. It will happen right after the 1st season.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:48 AM   #8
Solack
All Star Reserve

OK, to be clear, I think this is what you're doing. If I'm wrong, please correct me:

Creating a Historical League, starting in 1901.
Setting Auto-Expansion ON
Changing the league structure so that all of the teams are in the same league, but changing nothing else.
Running the Sim, expecting it to make changes to the team when the move cities/expand, ect. due to Auto-expansion being on.
When it gets to a point when it's supposed to make one of these changes (move a team to another city), it's crashing.

If that's the case, I have a feeling it's because you're changing the league structure. It doesn't matter that you didn't change the team names, the program is looking for a specific structure in which to make changes. When it can't find that structure, it doesn't know what to do and so it crashes.

So, I'm not sure the program can do what you want it to do. However, there may need to be some kind of warning in there somewhere to make you aware that there could be problems if you change the league structure with auto-expansion on. I BELIEVE that's what is happening. If what I said is correct, let me know and I'll bug this for you.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:56 AM   #9
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solack View Post
OK, to be clear, I think this is what you're doing. If I'm wrong, please correct me:

Creating a Historical League, starting in 1901.
Setting Auto-Expansion ON
Changing the league structure so that all of the teams are in the same league, but changing nothing else.
Running the Sim, expecting it to make changes to the team when the move cities/expand, ect. due to Auto-expansion being on.
When it gets to a point when it's supposed to make one of these changes (move a team to another city), it's crashing.

If that's the case, I have a feeling it's because you're changing the league structure. It doesn't matter that you didn't change the team names, the program is looking for a specific structure in which to make changes. When it can't find that structure, it doesn't know what to do and so it crashes.

So, I'm not sure the program can do what you want it to do. However, there may need to be some kind of warning in there somewhere to make you aware that there could be problems if you change the league structure with auto-expansion on. I BELIEVE that's what is happening. If what I said is correct, let me know and I'll bug this for you.
Thats it. The strange thing is that the league structure doesnt change for decades. If Markus could get it so that the game sees the teams and not the leagues it would be really cool.

It would be great to be able to have all of baseball greats in a single league so its possible to manage against them all when playing out games.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #10
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababui View Post
If Markus could get it so that the game sees the teams and not the leagues it would be really cool.
But it needs to also know the league structure in order to move teams around from 1969 onwards.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:09 PM   #11
Solack
All Star Reserve

Logged as TT#3370. I'm not sure what Markus can do about this one, but hopefully he can do something.