Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 01-12-2020, 08:04 PM   #741
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
I wouldn't call it worrying, Eugene. Maybe wishing and hoping, I suppose, might be a better way of putting it, in terms of graphics, where I'm having trouble making them myself, for instance, if not finding them, et cetera.

True, given recent problems I've had here on the forums, you're probably right, in terms of pretty much anyone doing logos and all from the dead ball era, for example. Either for me or anyone else, at that.

Eventually I do hope to get to later time periods, but haven't been able to do so yet, for various reasons, you know. Whether I will or not, ultimately, remains to be seen, of course.

Why do you think most players don't generally start leagues prior to 1901, for example, around here? I'm just wondering, that's all.

I'm going to try to do more items myself, of course, as time and inspiration permits, Lord willing and all. It may be a while before I can come up with looks I'm satisfied enough with for certain teams, if I have to do them myself, however.

Not to mention, I have other things that periodically occupy my time as well, including, of course, reading my Bible and all, you know. Or trying to work on my stories and all.

I hope someday to eventually be a professionally published author, but in order to be one, I'll certainly have to write better in order to have a chance at that sort of thing, I"m sure. As you've no doubt noticed before, I have a considerable problem with conciseness, and focus, among other things, unfortunately.

IF, by some chance, I was actually able to produce a sufficiently good story/book, and get it actually published for profit, might you consider buying it, if you knew it was a book by me? Just curious, that's all, Eugene. CD out.
CD, don't know for sure, but I think people play the baseball era when they were avidly following a team... I play the 50s because that was when baseball was a big part of my life... playing it as a kid in recreational leagues and church leagues... working at the ballpark in Mobile as a clubhouse boy for the hometown Bears in the Southern Association... watching games at Pelican Stadium in New Orleans.

I don't think people are interested in pre-1900 baseball because it was such a different game then with lots of errors and bases on balls.

I don't think they play the deadball era (1900-1919) because of the low-scoring games.

I will be happy to buy your book... and I will even read it... I hope your dream comes true.

I haven't seen much of your writing, but I think you write well... you just seem to lack focus... your writing rambles too much for me... you might know what your are writing about, but the reader gets lost because you don't focus on what your are doing at that moment.

Your writng needs to be more focused and your leagues needs to be focused... you ramble here and there and everywhere... you even do it in you conversational posts with me... you don't stick to the subject of the post.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-12-2020 at 08:23 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:11 PM   #742
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

You asked me to give my opinion of this dynasty thread a long time ago... post 119 on page 6 of this thread... it was last September.
I went back and found what I wrote.
Here is what I wrote:

CD, you asked me to look at your dynasties and give you my opinion... you posted the request on the Graphics Forum, which is not where you should post it... if you want comments on your dynasty here, you should ask for them here.

What I say about your dynasty here really doesn't matter... if you enjoy your dynasty, that is all that matters... the bottom line in reporting your dynasty here is that you get enjoyment from it.

Feedback is wonderful and can be very helpful in writing a dynasty report, but I find that you don't get it very much... at least, that has been my experience the last 15 years here on the Dynasty Forum.

(Please note, my dynasties fall far short of what I like in dynasties... my skills are limited in storylines, drama and humor, which is a severe shortcoming... basically my Islandian Pro Alliance is just a long-running stats dump... ditto for my North Island Recreational League)

I am not an expert on Dynasty writing, but this is what I like in a dynasty:

Regular posting
Good writing and good grammar
Good storyline complete with news that brings the players alive to the readers
Good dialogue with drama and humor
Good format and structure of your league presentation
Good quality graphics... logos, jerseys and caps.
Good quality maps of your country or countries, if it is a fictional world.

As far as your two dynasties, in my opinion they are not well-structured... too many countries... too many teams... your reporting is helter-skelter with no direction... that's why I don't follow your dynasties.

I have no idea of what you are trying to do in your dynasties... you don't seem to have a plan... you just post rambling ideas that never seem to come together or make any sense.

You seem to spend too much time on the Graphics Forum trying to get Logos, Jerseys and Caps done, when you should should be spending time most of your time creating a realistic baseball universe.

My advice is for you to start with a small league, 12 to 16 teams maximum... use teams that have already been created with good graphics... trying to get custom graphics is no longer possible on the OOTP Graphics Forum... no one is doing custom graphics requests anymore... no one is going to do logos and graphics for you... you make too many requests... and they are too complex and too complicated.

You are my friend and I like you... please consider my advice about dynasty leagues.

Keep your dynasty to two leagues at most with 6-8 teams in each.
Keeping it small will give you time to thoroughly cover it and develop it over time... to get to know the teams and the players... to be totally immersed in it.

You have far too many teams in your dynasties to interest me... your world is too complex and too complicated... I think you should simplify your world.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-12-2020 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:31 PM   #743
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
I'm not very good at humor, Eugene. Either in recognizing it or using it in my life, I think, to be honest. How can I perhaps improve that potential weakness in my writing, when humor may be required in it, or in my joking around, and all, vocally or in other ways?

I can typically spell well, and grammar is okay, more or less, much of the time, and I do know what many words may mean often. But I tend to ramble, as you've no doubt seen, periodically, as well.

I also tend to describe things and/or people with probably more description than may often be needed in a particular scene, setting, or chapter, as well. And my dialogue blocks are often good-sized, if memory serves, in my writing.

If you'd like, perhaps I could show you some of what I have currently for my latest story, or another story, so you could see some of my writing. But I don't want to post it here, of course, for obvious reasons. Especially if I've not put it on the Net before, at that.

If you want me to, please let me know, somehow, Eugene. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:44 PM   #744
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

CD, you are well-educated, have a fine vocabulary, write well, spell well and use good grammar.

As far as humor... those were the items that I think the "perfect" dynasty has... I don't know of any perfect dynasty here on the Dynasty Forum... all of them are flawed in one way or another.

Whatever you do in life, try to do things that you have a passion and a love for... learn your strong points and your weak points.

Stress your good points and stay clear of your weak points.

If you don't do humor well, then don't try to be funny.

I don't do dialogue well... so you see very little dialogue or quotes in my dynasty leagues.

Just accentuate the positives in your writings and eliminate the negatives and your writings will be better... your dynasty threads, too.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:56 PM   #745
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I've never really gone to college, but I do try to read a lot and all. I may have taken some college-level course or courses, at least once or twice in high school, but I've never gone to college otherwise.

I can often visualize or dream about things, I'm sure, but my descriptions are often too detailed and non-succinct, unfortunately, when I write. I do try to put a lot of effort into my work, and I try not to rush things needlessly too, generally.

Unfortunately, for various reasons, I find it often hard to stay focused when I'm working on something, or get distracted by something else, and that often leads to writer's block for me. Or other life-related problems for me, as well.

It is a bit frustrating at times when you want to say something, but can't quite figure out just how to word something, when it comes to writing or talking to people, I think. Especially if it's a subject that others may have strong opinions about that may differ significantly from your own, such as taxes, or politics, or whatever, for example.

In any case, I still definitely know that our God is in full control over all important matters in this world and Universe that He created only a few thousand years ago out of sheer nothingness. And that is a great comfort to me quite often, for sure. It's good to know that Someone is always looking out for His Creation, and all, and everything and everyone in it, isn't it?

Talk more later, I hope, Lord willing, of course. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:12 PM   #746
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In any case, I still definitely know that our God is in full control over all important matters in this world and Universe that He created only a few thousand years ago out of sheer nothingness. And that is a great comfort to me quite often, for sure. It's good to know that Someone is always looking out for His Creation, and all, and everything and everyone in it, isn't it?

Talk more later, I hope, Lord willing, of course. CD out.
CD, God loves a humble and righteous man... I'm sure he loves CD.

No matter what happens in this life... just know that in the end you will be with Jesus in Heaven.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:19 PM   #747
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

And with my Homegone brother, as well, Lord willing, I'm sure. He's been gone for some time, even though he was/is younger than me, but now he's completely healed and all from his autism and whatever else he had in this life. I miss him terribly every day, of course, but I know he's now completely safe from any further harm/pain/suffering/whatever that this world often gives people in it. That is a great comfort to me, for sure. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 01-13-2020, 01:19 PM   #748
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Article about the Amarillo Sod Poodles here, for your information:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2020/01/...o-sod-poodles/

I think OOTPD could also improve the play-by-play descriptions and the recaps as well, among other things. It would be nice if there could be an interleague or interdivisional All-Star Tournament of sorts for leagues, at times, too, if people wanted them in the middle of the season, or the ability to have more than one All-Star Game a year like was done in the 1950's and 1960's for a while, if memory serves, in the real world, between the AL and NL.

As for an in-game stadium/park creator, that might be rather complicated to add, in terms of the game being able to automatically generate three-dimensional versions of the park, and all, by itself without user help and all, whether for viewing angles or graphical representations or whatever.

Same thing with the weather component, or adding nations and/or cities to the relevant game or games' world databases, et cetera, and incorporating them into future games and all, if the player might so choose. Or being able to have multiple world databases that can be used at the same time, if you want to have teams from multiple worlds interacting with each other.

For example, hypothetical teams on Mars interacting with teams on Earth or the Moon, whether real or fictional. Each world might have certain cities on it that would have the same numbers in terms of coordinates as cities on different worlds might have. Now I know there are no cities on the Moon or Mars yet, for example, of course.

But still, if there were cities on another planet or on a moon with certain coordinates for them, whether real or fictional, it definitely would be quite nice to be able to distinguish which particular world those cities were actually located on. That's so that they aren't confused as easily with cities sharing the same basic numerical coordinates on other worlds that might be in a player's game/dynasty, et cetera, I think.

Will write more later, I'm sure, where and when possible and appropriate and all, Lord willing and all. Hope to see what you think of the above ideas soon, of course, Eugene. But for now, will probably go back to writing at least a bit more soon for my latest story or something. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 01-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #749
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the Amarillo article... Sod Poodles is a poor name for a baseball team... no one knows what a Sod Poodle is... it's another poor name like Trash Pandas and Baby Cakes... and Wind Surge... they should have been the Amarillo Armadillos.

However, the logos and mascots are really, really well done... great colors, too.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-14-2020 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:16 PM   #750
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Article about the Amarillo Sod Poodles here, for your information:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2020/01/...o-sod-poodles/

I think OOTPD could also improve the play-by-play descriptions and the recaps as well, among other things. It would be nice if there could be an interleague or interdivisional All-Star Tournament of sorts for leagues, at times, too, if people wanted them in the middle of the season, or the ability to have more than one All-Star Game a year like was done in the 1950's and 1960's for a while, if memory serves, in the real world, between the AL and NL.

As for an in-game stadium/park creator, that might be rather complicated to add, in terms of the game being able to automatically generate three-dimensional versions of the park, and all, by itself without user help and all, whether for viewing angles or graphical representations or whatever.

Same thing with the weather component, or adding nations and/or cities to the relevant game or games' world databases, et cetera, and incorporating them into future games and all, if the player might so choose. Or being able to have multiple world databases that can be used at the same time, if you want to have teams from multiple worlds interacting with each other.

For example, hypothetical teams on Mars interacting with teams on Earth or the Moon, whether real or fictional. Each world might have certain cities on it that would have the same numbers in terms of coordinates as cities on different worlds might have. Now I know there are no cities on the Moon or Mars yet, for example, of course.

But still, if there were cities on another planet or on a moon with certain coordinates for them, whether real or fictional, it definitely would be quite nice to be able to distinguish which particular world those cities were actually located on. That's so that they aren't confused as easily with cities sharing the same basic numerical coordinates on other worlds that might be in a player's game/dynasty, et cetera, I think.

Will write more later, I'm sure, where and when possible and appropriate and all, Lord willing and all. Hope to see what you think of the above ideas soon, of course, Eugene. But for now, will probably go back to writing at least a bit more soon for my latest story or something. CD out.
Play-by-Play will probably eventually go away with the emphasis on animation.
I never thought I would live to see animation in OOTPB... now we have it and it is pretty darn good... not flawless, but it is fairly good.... I now only use animation... no longer use play-by-play.

Recaps are really bad... they key too much on the player of the game... it is especially poor when the losing team get the player of the game... game recaps should most of the time center on the winning team... that's why I write my own recaps.

Markus said two years ago his dream is to have a stadium generator in the game... in spite of the difficulty of programming it.

One All-Star Game is fine with me... no interest in middle of the season tournaments.

I don't care about the weather and where cities are located... I don't use rainouts because the game reschedules rainouts poorly.... it doesn't do it realistically.

Never in a million years would I have teams on the various planets.
That's a weird way to play the game... I like realistic fictional leagues... or real life teams and towns.
Not into Hobbitts, Orcs, Jeddi or alien leagues and cultures.

But if someone wants to play that way, that is fine with me.
"Different Strokes for Different Folks".

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-14-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:49 AM   #751
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Seeing as it's quite likely that I'll have to make at least some of my own logos, for at least a little while, would you perhaps be willing to help me, by walking me through the process at least a little bit, at least to start? Even if it means I have to use circular or square logos, at least at first, Eugene? Would really appreciate some help, for sure, from you and/or anyone else around here, of course. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 01-14-2020, 11:56 AM   #752
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

What teams are likely to rebrand/rename themselves in the near future, for any of your leagues? Please let me know, and maybe I'll try and take a crack at them, if I know enough about them to do so somehow. I'll try to give them the best effort I can, of course. They might not be exactly what you expect, at least at first, but I can tell you that anything you might get from me will certainly be a CD original, one way or another.

Maybe if I can do at least one team set well enough to satisfy you sufficiently well, the others might be more inclined to give me more of a chance on these forums. And one more thing is certain for me as well. I often relish a challenge, to be sure, Eugene. Maybe it's because I don't get to experience a lot out there in the real world, or something, for one reason or another, but I'm not entirely sure about that here and now. I just know that I do often enjoy challenges, in any case, no matter what they may be in my life, for sure. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 01-15-2020, 12:01 PM   #753
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Eugene, please respond soon, if you like and can. Thank you. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 01-15-2020, 08:15 PM   #754
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

CD, I learned to use the justafan software, but just do average work... I just know how to do the bare basics.
I learned it by myself through trial and error... you are much better than me with technology... you should be able to do it better than me.

I don't know enough about using justafan's software to teach someone to use it.

Sorry.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-15-2020 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:19 PM   #755
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

When I get ready to rebrand or update an IPA team, I will post a request in this thread... I will give you instructions on what I want... I will give you specific colors to use... after you create one according to my instructions, you can create one of your own design, if you like.

I will only use yours if it is better than anything I can do myself or get others to do.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-15-2020 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:22 PM   #756
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Who might be ready, willing, and able to help me out here, at least at first, so I don't totally mess anything up, or at least not too much, perhaps? I'm just wondering, that's all, Eugene. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 01-15-2020, 08:26 PM   #757
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Fair enough. Just give me a little time, if and when you do, and I'll let you know if I think I can fill that request or those requests. If I think I can do so well enough, then we'll both go from there as time permits and all, of course, Lord willing, Eugene. You may want to give me specific color codes or RGB coordinates, if and when you do so, so you can get the exact colors you want or need, as best as possible. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 01-15-2020, 08:26 PM   #758
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Who might be ready, willing, and able to help me out here, at least at first, so I don't totally mess anything up, or at least not too much, perhaps? I'm just wondering, that's all, Eugene. CD out.
Sorry, CD... I don't know anybody that is going to teach you how to do graphics work.

Have you ever used justafan's logo, jersey and cap software?
Can you not learn how to use it yourself?

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-15-2020 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:33 PM   #759
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Pickoff, I've not been able to make anything with yet, unfortunately, somehow. Obviously, though, I've been making things with the other software he made a good while ago, in terms of uniforms and/or caps. Not necessarily the best, I'm sure, compared to many others around here. But I still have made several dozen items with the other two programs, you know, Eugene.

I'll see what I can do for logos, but I may not be able to make them with Pickoff just yet, come to think of it. I'm much better at describing various things, I believe, than drawing them out in freehand, et cetera, to be honest. I always do try to do the best work I can, however, whether it's with my writing or my attempts at artistic impressions, et cetera, even so. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 01-15-2020, 08:37 PM   #760
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I tried to make a logo for the Mavericks of Achynbara last night, I believe, but couldn't understand how to do so well enough, unfortunately. Like with the radians bit, for example. That was why I asked if you might know how to make logos with Pickoff at least a little bit earlier, Eugene. That's all. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA: