Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 01-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #41
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
The 5 to 6 minutes it might take to write an update is probably better spent working on the game at this point.
Yeah it would be a shame if the game had to be released 6 minutes later because Jim stopped to write on the forums.

He doesn't code 24/7, yet you are making a comment like he would have to decide between working on the game or posting. Clearly as Markus demonstrates well with OOTP, it is possible to have an active presence on the forums and release a top notch game.However, it doesn't appear that type of practice will be adopted by Jim now that he's over with this company. Oh well.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:37 PM   #42
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

October to February is a long time believe it or not. Is it really a lot to ask for a screenshot or an update after four months (if we count February) and basically a year of development?

That's basically what I see in this thread.

Last edited by campinginalaska; 01-15-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #43
dieselboy
Minors (Single A)

Excited none the less.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:47 PM   #44
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
October to February is a long time believe it or not. Is it really a lot to ask for a screenshot or an update after four months (if we count February) and basically a year of development?

That's basically what I see in this thread.
As a software developer, I often have to give daily updates to my superiors on my progress. Just saying.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:00 PM   #45
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavenHunting View Post
I am hoping a release by the SuperBowl
2022? I think that’s a safe bet
Old 01-16-2019, 04:02 PM   #46
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Jim also released a major patch and provided updated Rosters while we wait, let's not forget about that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Ah, so he can spend 5 minutes typing an update is what you’re saying.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:42 PM   #47
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

I think this boils down to us being excited, enthusiastic, crazy kids. We can't wait for this game to come out. We have been waiting a very long time for a game like this to come out. I have been around since the beginning and unfortunately, Jim only does things his way. He isn't going to change. The silence to me says the game is getting close. If it wasn't close, if it wasn't coming out until next football season, I think someone would say something. So I am going to continue to check daily hoping I see some good news shortly. If it doesn't come out for awhile, well then I will still preorder.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #48
colourmebrad
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox000 View Post
As a software developer, I often have to give daily updates to my superiors on my progress. Just saying.
Your superiors aren't your customers, so that is an irrelevant point.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:27 PM   #49
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

This has unfortunately been something I’ve become used to with OOTPD. Engage with your community, guys. It takes a few minutes to simply engage with us every few weeks, and not leave a rabid fan base in the cold. I don’t buy the “this
Is the way he is” stuff. You’re not some mad genius working on the cure for cancer, you’re a guy trying to sell a game people want. Don’t take that for granted, and show some appreciation for the community.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:17 AM   #50
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Has it really been 5 months without an update, I wonder what the marketing department or person does there ............ clearly not a lot! Can i apply for this role please if it becomes available?
Old 01-18-2019, 12:04 PM   #51
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Here, how about this? I'll give an update:

Project is going well, we are still meshing FOF code to OOTP's interface so no screen shots yet. We've been working hard on this. We still don't have a release date, but as soon as we have one we will tell you.

That's basically what you'll get with an update.

Look, when they have a real update, then they will update us. No offense to anyone, but how 'bout we all take a giant chill pill. It will come when it comes.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:36 PM   #52
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
This has unfortunately been something I’ve become used to with OOTPD. Engage with your community, guys. It takes a few minutes to simply engage with us every few weeks, and not leave a rabid fan base in the cold. I don’t buy the “this
Is the way he is” stuff. You’re not some mad genius working on the cure for cancer, you’re a guy trying to sell a game people want. Don’t take that for granted, and show some appreciation for the community.
I don't think it's fair or accurate to lump the entirety of OOTPD together on this. On the contrary I feel Markus and all the developers of OOTP are some of the best in the business about engaging with fans. Markus is constantly on the forums answering questions and getting involved in discussions.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:20 PM   #53
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

This thread really needs to be closed. It has gotten completely off point from the origination of the thread, which was to welcome Jim to the OOTP family. I'm (at least) unsubscribing.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:29 PM   #54
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

I'm gonna go play the latest version of FOF. Jim has been delivering for over two decades supporting a quality product, and Markus and team have done the same. I trust them all to deliver it when it's ready. But on the same token, it's good to know people are super rabid to give away their money and just want to rush someone to stuff their pockets. I'm sure that's not gonna be a sentiment anyone here minds.

But agreed, this thread should be closed.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:47 PM   #55
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Yeah, the thread has run its course. People have made their points and no one has had their mind changed. Closing this and the other ones where folks are just discussing the next update (or lack thereof). Looks like they'll give us another update when they think its appropriate, and not before then.

Last edited by Ben E Lou; 01-18-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #56
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Closing this one as well. The comments requesting an update have run their course.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:37 PM   #57
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Angry Potential buyers do not deserve information it would seem

Both threads requesting additional info or updates about this game have been closed. Obviously OOTP does not think their customers and potential customers deserve any information on a game they may want to purchase. Well it made my mind up, I just purchased the DK Sports football game and certainly will not buy a game from a company that refuses to answer their customers questions !
Old 01-20-2019, 02:40 PM   #58
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

While I’m one to want any info they can offer, I know a thread like this isn’t going to make them jump at the opportunity either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-20-2019, 02:51 PM   #59
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Is this some kind of inverted psychology experiment? I am happy to remain patient while I play FOF8, not a big deal for me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2019, 03:11 PM   #60
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I'll buy two copies so their covered.