Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-26-2019, 08:09 AM   #1
BC Bob
Bat Boy

All-Time Teams

I'd like to create a league whereby each team's roster is comprised of its all-time best players. Is there a way to create such teams in the game?
BC Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:20 AM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Bob View Post
I'd like to create a league whereby each team's roster is comprised of its all-time best players. Is there a way to create such teams in the game?
I'm not a "historical" player, so I don't have a great deal of experience with this, but I believe it should be doable, if really tedious. I believe it would involve:
  1. Identify all of the players/teams
  2. Create a league
  3. Manually import every single player and put them on the right team

There would likely be a lot of little steps in there to get it right. But at the end of the day, I think it's achievable.

I'd recommend you go over and ask on the historical forum. Those people know a lot more about that than I do! It's possible someone may have already done this!
Old 07-26-2019, 11:31 AM   #3
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The first thing you should try is to load the "All-Time Greatest" quickstart.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 03:42 PM   #4
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
I'm not a "historical" player, so I don't have a great deal of experience with this, but I believe it should be doable, if really tedious. I believe it would involve:
  1. Identify all of the players/teams
  2. Create a league
  3. Manually import every single player and put them on the right team
Yep, that's how you do it. There's no short cut.

Quote:
The first thing you should try is to load the "All-Time Greatest" quickstart.
^^^

That too. You can always delete players you don't want and import the ones you do.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:11 PM   #5
genec
Minors (Rookie Ball)

how do you manually import and from where?
genec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:06 AM   #6
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by genec View Post
how do you manually import and from where?

https://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com...oner_functions

Importing Historical Players
Commissioners have the ability to import individual historical players from the Free Agents, Draft Pool, and Show All Players pages. To import historical players, click on the Import Historical Player action button at the bottom of the page. Choose the database you wish to use. (By default, use the file historical_database.odb found in the datastats directory in your User Data location.) Then, you then go through a process very similar to that used to import an entire historical league, as described in Adding Historical Leagues.

The main difference between thisscreenand importing an entire historical league is that you must know the player's unique ID, as used in the historical database. Enter this value in the first field, and then select the other options, which are described in detail in Adding Historical Leagues.

Note: One 'trick' to finding the player's ID is to visit BaseballReference.com. Look up the player you wish to import, and then check the URL string. The player's unique ID is the portion of the file name before .shtml.

Once you are done, click Import Player to bring the player into your game. He will appear on the Free Agentscreenimmediately.
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:10 AM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

with an extensive list, you may want to crack open the mlb player csv file -- forget exact file name. this wil have all the id's too -- plus you can sort using a spreadsheet in ways that may help locate players you want.

import a text file with the players you find... ifnot mentioned above there are threads that explain how... basically comma delimited, playerid, name, year etc... can put a team in there to avoid the FA step, i think. order matters, so look it up if you go that route. this isn't something i do, so it's very superficial knowledge, but definitely possible.

Last edited by NoOne; 08-23-2019 at 01:12 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:57 PM   #8
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

There is now the Baseball Greats mod on the OOTP20 Steam workshop you may want to try.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:02 AM   #9
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

BC Bob, before you put in all this effort, do you realize that in such a league most stars don't perform as stars? On average players will far under perform real life. You're not going to be watching a league of great players with great performances.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote