Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 07-21-2019, 10:08 AM   #161
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

The familiar sound of champagne corks popping filled the clubhouse as Waffletown won the NC East division crown with their best record in history (98-64). While fans are starting to expect regular season success and post season play (10 playoff appearances in 16 years, and 6 consecutive), the players are trying their best to stay grounded.

"This never gets old..." said longest serving member of the team Freddie Lindstrom as he took a champagne shower courtesy of Johnny Pesky and Wilcy Moore. "...we had a bad run back in Silver league where we didn't make the post season for three straight years, so we don't want to take this for granted."

Team records set:

Waffletown bested their record for team wins (set last season) by 1 with 98 this year. The speedsters on the squad also set a new team stolen base record of 194.

Team pitching set new records for strikeouts (1271) and a low in oavg (.245)

On the individual side, Eddie Plank set new team records for winning streak (11), breaking Tex Carleton's record of 10 set in 2023; and undefeated streak (16), also previously held by Carleton (14 in 2023) and Tiny Bonham (14 in 2033).

For the offensive side, Harry Heilmann had another killer season with 23 home runs, 130 rbis, 101 runs scored and a .270 average. Cool Papa Bell and Sliding Billy Hamilton also broke the 100 run mark with 111 and 104 respectively.

On the mound, Lefty Gomez, Eddie Plank and Mort Cooper made an impressive 1-2-3 punch, with Gomez and Plank each going 19-7, and Cooper 17-10. Gomez also set a new single season team strikeout mark with 301. At the backend, Wilcy Moore had a solid season with a team best FIP of 2.48

Waffletown will await the winner of the wildcard match between California and Lawrence.
Attached Images

Last edited by stl jason; 07-21-2019 at 02:03 PM.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:38 PM   #162
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

With Waffletown in the midst of an LDS showdown with divisional rival California (series now tied 1 game apiece), the Syrups GM browsed over the waiver wire offerings for potential upgrades for the 2036 season. He honed in on a starting pitcher that appeared near the top of the page, took a moment to mull over the price and decided it was better to nab him now rather than take the cheap route and try to save a few bucks and hope no one else offered a bid. Joining the squad next year will be:

SP - Dizzy Dean (1934) - 95, for 22000 points.

to make room, his brother Paul will be sent back down to the reserves; Claude Passeau will shift back to the bullpen; and Dizzy Dean will slide into the 4th spot in the rotation.

https://baseballhall.org/hall-of-famers/dean-dizzy
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stl jason; 07-21-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:08 PM   #163
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Another post season came to an early end for Waffletown as the Syrups failed to put their home field advantage to use, and fell to California 3 games to 2.

"One of these years we'll get over that last hump." said reliever Bucky Walters.
Attached Images
Old 07-21-2019, 03:45 PM   #164
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Bummer. You had a great season though, and you'll probably end up with an extra 1000 for a great score. I wonder if perhaps your syrup soaked outfield hardened up in the heat allowing the Quantum Condors to get their footing?
Regardless, nice season!
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:44 PM   #165
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini615 View Post
Bummer. You had a great season though, and you'll probably end up with an extra 1000 for a great score. I wonder if perhaps your syrup soaked outfield hardened up in the heat allowing the Quantum Condors to get their footing?
Regardless, nice season!

Yeah, expected a tough series.... they didn't spend 12 seasons in Perfect level for nothing.... just have to keep pushing for that next step.... still haven't had a team reach the Perfect level... one of these days (though I might regret it when I do get there )
Old 07-22-2019, 06:17 AM   #166
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Final notes for the 2035 season:

- Ernie Lombardi takes home the great bat award for catcher

- Wilcy Moore picks up the Reliever of the Year award for his outstanding season; and sets a new team saves streak record of 29
Old 07-25-2019, 06:38 PM   #167
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

At the All-Star break, fans of Waffletown are pleased so far with the performance of their team. While expectations were higher than usual after their best regular season ever last year, the Syrups got off to a shaky start in April (13-16). A solid month of May (17-10) and June (16-9) got things back on the right track. As most of the squad rests up during the all-star break, Waffletown sits in 2nd place in the AC East division, 3.5 games back.

Waffletown will send two players to this season's All-Star game:

SP - Dizzy Dean (1st appearance)
C - Ernie Lombardi (8th appearance)
Attached Images
Old 07-27-2019, 04:25 PM   #168
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

A familiar face rejoins the squad after a brief time away. Former relief pitcher, Paul Dean, has come back to Waffletown to step into his previous role in the bullpen. To make room on the squad, Bucky Walters will be sent down to the reserves.

"Life on the reserve squad just didn't sit right with me. After having a taste of the majors, I knew I had to get back; so I spent a lot of time with our team in the Dominican... working with the coaches to improve my game... think it all worked out for the best." said Dean. He returns to Waffletown with much improved ratings across the board and hopes to help shore up the relief squad for the stretch run.
Attached Images
Old 07-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #169
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

another regular season came to an end, and another champagne celebration took place in the Waffletown clubhouse as the Syrups secured the top wild-card spot for the post season; extending their run of post season appearances to 7 straight.

Waffletown will face off against Luckenbach in the wild card game. During the regular season, the two teams met 6 times with Luckenbach taking the series 4 games to 2.

for team records, only two pitching records fell this season (both from the pitching staff): total strikeouts (1357), breaking the record set last season; and shutouts (16), breaking the old record of 15 set in their inaugural season of 2020.
Attached Images

Last edited by stl jason; 07-28-2019 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:04 AM   #170
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Lefty Gomez spreads 8 hits over 8 innings with 8 strikeouts to lead Waffletown to a 3-0 wild card victory over Luckenbach.

The Syrups move on to the LDS to face top seeded Victoria. The two teams met 6 times during the regular season, splitting the series 3 games apiece.
Attached Images
Old 07-28-2019, 03:12 PM   #171
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

The 2036 ALDS proved to be a home-cookin' series, as Victoria and Waffletown took care of business on their home field. Unfortunately for the Syrups, the only had 2 home games and lost the series 3 games to 2.

After the game, third baseman Freddie Lindstrom sat at his locker with his head bowed. "I said last year this never gets old.... making the post season...." he muttered to a reporter. He sighed heavily and shook his head. "... *this* is getting old." he said, referring to the team failing to advance past the LDS for the 5th straight season.
Attached Images
Old 07-29-2019, 01:21 AM   #172
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Apologies.. as it was Waffletown both times that my teams beat to get into Perfect. At least this time I went on to win it all. Good luck next year, hope to see the Syrups in Perfect soon.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:09 AM   #173
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Apologies.. as it was Waffletown both times that my teams beat to get into Perfect. At least this time I went on to win it all. Good luck next year, hope to see the Syrups in Perfect soon.
I'm still aiming to beat your run of 8 playoff appearances in Diamond, so gotta stay put a little longer
Old 07-30-2019, 06:13 PM   #174
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

A telegram arrived for the Waffletown GM from the team's head scout. It read: "Scouting teams in the Ohio-Pennsylvania league. I believe I've found one of the greatest hitters I've ever seen. He can hit for average. He can drive the gap for extra bases; and he has more power than anyone we have in our organization. He has top notch base-running instincts and should be a solid player for years to come. He should arrive the second week of May."

The GM glanced at his calendar to see the date: May 14. Minutes later, a bus pulled up outside the ballpark and a single person stepped off. He slung his duffel bag over his shoulder and headed inside to introduce himself to his new team:

1B - George Sisler (1920) - 94

https://sabr.org/bioproj/person/f67a9d5c

to make room on the roster, utility infielder Billy Johnson will be sent to the reserves, and Mule Suttles will shift to backup for first base. Management would like to thank Billy Johnson for his many years of service to the team. As one of the original group first selected, Johnson has been with the team since the initial training camp prior to the inaugural 2020 season. He appeared in 506 games, picked up 291 hits, 126 runs scored and a .245 average
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 07-31-2019, 01:27 PM   #175
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Wow!
Old 07-31-2019, 01:42 PM   #176
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow!
yeah, had my eye on him since the new missions came out... overspent on a few cards to finish it up, but still was waaaay under the AH price to buy him outright...

barring a major pull from a CM pack, it could be awhile before the team sees another upgrade as anyone else on my radar is approaching six figures here's hoping the team keeps up it's solid play
Old 07-31-2019, 03:21 PM   #177
gemini615
All Star Reserve

His ratings are incredible. If anything, that 94 overall might be a bit low. I'd say he'll be leading the charge when you advance on to the perfect level.
Just out of curiosity, what is the BIN for that Sisler card?
Old 07-31-2019, 03:30 PM   #178
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
His ratings are incredible. If anything, that 94 overall might be a bit low. I'd say he'll be leading the charge when you advance on to the perfect level.
Just out of curiosity, what is the BIN for that Sisler card?

last I saw the average 7 day price was 94750

all total I paid 28614 for the entire mission set
Old 08-01-2019, 05:59 PM   #179
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

With Stan Spence struggling at the plate, management decided to make a small move with the roster and have called up Edd Roush from the reserve roster. Roush will take over as backup for all three outfield positions. While his defense isn't as solid as Spence, management hopes his superior abilities with the bat and his speed on the bases will help put an extra spark in the offensive production.

https://sabr.org/bioproj/person/26fd7901
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-01-2019, 06:26 PM   #180
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

As most of the Waffletown lineup heads home for the all-star break, the buzz around the ballpark is a mix of cocky confidence (as the team sits atop the NC Central division with a conference best 59-37 record and a 5.5 game cushion over second place Redmond), and pessimistic prognostication (with 7 straight playoff appearances and 90+ wins in 6 of the last 7 seasons, but no championship to show for it). The more the Syrups continue their solid regular season play, the higher the fans expectations rise for post season success.

"If we make it to the playoffs, we just need to forget that it's the playoffs and just act like it's any other game." said left fielder Billy Hamilton. "Maybe then we can bring home another championship."

On the mound, the pitching quartet of Gomez (11-4, 143.1 IP, 162K), Dean (11-5, 140.1 IP, 140K), Plank (12-4, 2.41 ERA) and Cooper (10-5) are providing an impressive rotation that leaves little room for error from the competition. In those cases where the starters need some help, the bullpen has provided a solid safety net from Jack Stivetts (2.04 ERA, opp avg of .169, 11.2 K/9), Paul Dean (48.1 IP, 66K, opp avg of .210, 12.3 K/9) and Wilcy Moore (22 SV, opp avg of .217).

On the offensive side, even though he has only been a part of the team since mid-May, George Sisler is already making his presence felt as he sits tied with Harry Heilmann for the team home run lead (13) and third on the team in RBIs with 55. His .330 average leads the team as well, but doesn't officially qualify as he doesn't have enough at bats.

Waffletown will send five players to this year's all-star game:

C - Ernie Lombardi (9th appearance)
LF - Sliding Billy Hamilton (5th appearance)
SP - Eddie Plank (3rd appearance)
SP - Lefty Gomez (2nd appearance)
1B - George Sisler (1st appearance)
Attached Images