Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 08:00 PM   #21
Church OOTP
Minors (Triple A)

I am in need of some help here.

First off, I have used the "formula" above before with success so I know it works.

What I have done is I have made a universe from the Accurate World Template (I have all the correct colors and logos and such in it - I have also made the MLB a 2 division format and have added 2 additional teams. I have used this format in a test universe and it worked so now I can not figure out why this issue is happening).

What I am trying to do it get Cubby/Rolan's rosters into this new universe for the MLB.

The only team ID diffrences are 17,18,19 (NYN, PHI, WAS). I change those and save the roster and I can get the new universe to read it and all the teams show up with correct rosters and line ups.

The issue is that when I go to the Transactions screen, or try to see free agents the game crashes. I have gone in and added fictional players to any and all teams that need them and added fictional contracts, fiction club fincances etc....

When I open the roster in excell - I noticed that all the free agents are in there twice. I have tried deleting the secondary entry for each player but that is a no go.

Anyone have an idea? Anyone willing to take a shot at trying this? I have the universe loaded as a quick start located here:

http://files.filefront.com/X_NEWMLB_.../fileinfo.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really don't feel like spending 3 evenings again going over all the details of setting up the universe again. One thing that I really think OOTP needs to address is a easy way to add/swap/change out rosters.

Many thanks!
Church OOTP
Old 07-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #22
The Great Demo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church OOTP
I am in need of some help here.

First off, I have used the "formula" above before with success so I know it works.

What I have done is I have made a universe from the Accurate World Template (I have all the correct colors and logos and such in it - I have also made the MLB a 2 division format and have added 2 additional teams. I have used this format in a test universe and it worked so now I can not figure out why this issue is happening).

What I am trying to do it get Cubby/Rolan's rosters into this new universe for the MLB.

The only team ID diffrences are 17,18,19 (NYN, PHI, WAS). I change those and save the roster and I can get the new universe to read it and all the teams show up with correct rosters and line ups.

The issue is that when I go to the Transactions screen, or try to see free agents the game crashes. I have gone in and added fictional players to any and all teams that need them and added fictional contracts, fiction club fincances etc....

When I open the roster in excell - I noticed that all the free agents are in there twice. I have tried deleting the secondary entry for each player but that is a no go.

Anyone have an idea? Anyone willing to take a shot at trying this? I have the universe loaded as a quick start located here:

http://files.filefront.com/X_NEWMLB_.../fileinfo.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really don't feel like spending 3 evenings again going over all the details of setting up the universe again. One thing that I really think OOTP needs to address is a easy way to add/swap/change out rosters.

Many thanks!
Church OOTP
try catching me on AIM: demo15

Future Forties League

NL President and owner of Los Angeles Dodgers: 31-31, defending NL West champs

Owner of:
BBSC's Current League Los Angeles Dodgers: 100-62, 2010 Wild Card
BBSC's Reagan League Los Angeles Dodgers: 51-36, We took Bulldog's old team and made it better!
Alma Mater League's USC Trojans: 32-28
BBSC's Victory League's SouthCentral Saints of San Fernando Valley: 10-19 in our expansion year.
The Great Demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:46 PM   #23
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

I have followed the great demo's instructions to a T - and after I import Cubby/ROlen rosters into my universe - I disable the roster moves and the waivers - if I switch leagues for a minute - then all of the players on my Cubby/Rolen rosters disappear? It is probably one of the most frustrating things I have ever encountered - every player on every roster I import - is there - until I click off and come back then they are gone. For example - on the yanks - every player except like Kevin Curtis are gone. WTF>???? This has driven me to the bottle - and by the way - why do you copy the players.dat file from league 1 into the second league??? Is that a typo??

Are there steps missing from these last 2 instructions?

18) For all parent leagues that have no players, under "Game" menu find "Game Setup." Click on the "League Setup" tab and select the first league in the list. On your right hand side, with the "Structure" tab selected you will find the Selected League's structure.

At the bottom you will find 3 buttons, "Import/Export," "Financial Functions," and "Other Functions." Click on the "Import/Export" button and a dropdown menu will appear. Select "Other Functions." After doing so, AFTER DOING WHAT? OOTP2006 will prompt you and ask if you're sure? Select OK.

I also - make fictional contracts. But it makes no diff. If anyone has any ideas - THEY WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Please help me.

Last edited by asaintsfan; 08-13-2006 at 06:50 PM.
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:44 AM   #24
woodsc
Bat Boy

woodsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:13 PM   #25
dl5175
Major Leagues

How can I export one roster to another set and keep the players from both sets? I would like to keep the history and real players in one of Rolens sets but have the fictious players from the league I am simming 10 years in there also.

Last edited by dl5175; 01-08-2007 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Got it to work
dl5175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #26
RamMan12
Major Leagues

I have a question on whether or not my predicament can be fixed.

I have a league in a fictional country in year 2026 (the date is Jan. 1) and I tried to put it into a bigger universe as I decided to make big changes to the country. When I tried to import the rosters via CubbyFan's instructions, I ended up with a lot of League Structure problems and the game has crashed a few times. Is there a way that I can put my smaller universe into the bigger one without all the problems?

BTW, the smaller universe has a Major League, 5 minor leagues, and an INT league.
RamMan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:05 PM   #27
Articula
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Game keeps crashing when I try to import files to League B. I think I may be converting the .csv files back to .txt files incorrectly?
Articula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:12 AM   #28
gbsgbsgbs
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articula View Post
Game keeps crashing when I try to import files to League B. I think I may be converting the .csv files back to .txt files incorrectly?
no, actually, the un****ingbelivable situation is, u cannot modify any thing in the exported file!!!!!!!(even the player name!!!!!!) if u do, then...u would see the crashing.

and, as there is no modification could be done, im wondering what the hell import/export thing is for?
gbsgbsgbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #29
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

I have been having a weird problem with importing rosters. I exported them from cubbyfan's rosters and are importing them into a custom universe. When I do though it turns most of the starting pitchers into relievers. Does anyone know how I can remedy this?
ShaneCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #30
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Is this still relevant? Should it be un-stickied?