Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:59 PM   #81
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpk23 View Post
Question. How does how field work for tournaments? For example what if you are in a do-or-die tournament (single game elimination). What would determine who gets home field in the game? That can be a huge factor especially with how some people will put their parks and adjust rosters. Is this all going to be at a neutral park?
Probably, random, since these tournaments will be over in 2 hours or less. If you got the home field shaft better luck next time.

bailey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:50 PM   #82
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, it means tournaments in the public beta do not pay out rewards. We don't expect the public beta to last long, I guess about a week if all works well.

When does this start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #83
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Yea, Kris had said on This week in Perfect Team it would be a Sept beta.
womp womp....

Arobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:36 AM   #84
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobbins View Post
womp womp....

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:21 AM   #85
MarkGracesSlumpBuster
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. What the hell is taking so long? This was promised as a main selling point for THIS GAME.
MarkGracesSlumpBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:23 AM   #86
MarkGracesSlumpBuster
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Like how do you think you can have something ready by April, and your full time job is to get that done, and it’s still not done by October... like what hell is going on
Old 10-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #87
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGracesSlumpBuster View Post
Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.
True. Pathetic.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:56 AM   #88
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Like how do you think you can have something ready by April, and your full time job is to get that done, and it’s still not done by October... like what hell is going on
This and OOTPGO have been a major disappointment. It's like going to the store for a particular sale item and the store manager tells you we don't have the product and we will never carry it.

Old 10-10-2019, 12:12 PM   #89
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Regarding tournaments, we are making progress and they will definitely happen this year.

Quote:
... I am not sure yet how long that will take, so I cannot communicate a date for the public beta yet, but we're working as hard as possible to get it done.
From, April, to July, to August, to September, to this year, to we don't know.

Last edited by bailey; 10-10-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:35 PM   #90
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
From, April, to July, to August, to September, to this year, to we don't know.
Next: The devcycle is approaching next year's game, and we have a LOT of fresh new content coming! Sadly we need to put tournaments on the backburner to focus on that. In the mean time, take a look at this awesome new set: Player of the First Thursday in the Month! Featuring the 5th slightly better version of Keston Hiura and 4 fresh new golds/silvers that are functionally identical to their existing cards!

Buy the exciting new OOTP21, with tournaments coming in April!

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:44 PM   #91
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
Next: The devcycle is approaching next year's game, and we have a LOT of fresh new content coming! Sadly we need to put tournaments on the backburner to focus on that. In the mean time, take a look at this awesome new set: Player of the First Thursday in the Month! Featuring the 5th slightly better version of Keston Hiura and 4 fresh new golds/silvers that are functionally identical to their existing cards!

Buy the exciting new OOTP21, with tournaments coming in April!
*plans team full of Keston Hiuras....*
Old 10-10-2019, 12:55 PM   #92
neugey
All Star Reserve

Quanta does have a point. People have a right to worry about what new features can be added for OOTP 21 if Tournaments are this late. It's not just being disappointed because that game mode hasn't materialized yet. I'm continuing to hang in there and hope it works out.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #93
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by neugey View Post
Quanta does have a point. People have a right to worry about what new features can be added for OOTP 21 if Tournaments are this late. It's not just being disappointed because that game mode hasn't materialized yet. I'm continuing to hang in there and hope it works out.
No, he does not have a point. OOTP 21's base game is developed by a different team. And remember, last year PT 19 was complete sometime in January in terms of patches & features, and we still released OOTP 20 & PT 20 on time in March with a great feature set

Work is progressing on tournaments, and I will post a more detailed update tomorrow.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #94
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. What the hell is taking so long? This was promised as a main selling point for THIS GAME.
Your constant moaning does not help.

Tournaments were not promised as a main selling point, they were announced as a feature to be added via a free update later in the development cycle. Granted, we were unfortunately not able to meet the initially projected ETA, but this is software development, unforseen things happen and designs change.

And, I say this again, we are working as hard as possible on finishing up the feature and are only a couple of weeks away from the beta if nothing unforseen happens.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 10-10-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:41 PM   #95
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
When does this start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As soon as we're ready.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #96
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As soon as we're ready.
Sorry, I thought there was a post or two stating September or within a week? I thought beta started and I missed the opportunity and wanted to try it out?

Old 10-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #97
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Sorry, I thought there was a post or two stating September or within a week? I thought beta started and I missed the opportunity and wanted to try it out?
No, there was no such post. We are currently preparing for closed beta, and once that is complete we will start an open beta. Once we do, we'll post about it on all channels
Old 10-10-2019, 02:10 PM   #98
MarkGracesSlumpBuster
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
No, he does not have a point. OOTP 21's base game is developed by a different team. And remember, last year PT 19 was complete sometime in January in terms of patches & features, and we still released OOTP 20 & PT 20 on time in March with a great feature set

Work is progressing on tournaments, and I will post a more detailed update tomorrow.
So maybe you should have utilized that team to work on collections, tournaments, etc?

And don’t say that tournaments weren’t a high selling point of this version of the game - you literally used it as the advertisement on the opening page of the base game!

Last edited by MarkGracesSlumpBuster; 10-10-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:25 PM   #99
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So maybe you should have utilized that team to work on collections, tournaments, etc?

And don’t say that tournaments weren’t a high selling point of this version of the game - you literally used it as the advertisement on the opening page of the base game!
I think the progress has been very good and communication reasonable (in spite of my moaning). Compared to PT itself which was hinted at some 5 years before it was released.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:42 PM   #100
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is correct. From the announcement below you can understand some of the disappointments.

Just the leagues are not as exciting with the mega whales. Looking forward to this advertised feature. Trying to understand it was much harder than anticipated.

Maybe put OOTPGO ahead of this?
Attached Images

Last edited by daves; 10-10-2019 at 02:46 PM.