Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-04-2019, 02:00 PM   #21
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Great, this looks awesome. It'll be fun to compete in a variety of different formats.

One question: How will park factors come into play? Will it be your regular non-tournament stadium defaulted to all of the tournaments you're in? A neutral park? Random? Tournament-specific? Specifically chosen by the user for each tournament?

It would be somewhat interesting to micromanage park factors for all tournaments you're in, though I might prefer a more simple and universal approach.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:16 PM   #22
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Thanks for the update, sounds like a lot of fun
Old 09-04-2019, 04:17 PM   #23
neugey
All Star Reserve

Reading all of this helps realize what an undertaking this must be and have been. From the outside, I would estimate the effort of adding tournaments probably was close to the same amount of work that it took to create PT in the first place! It's definitely a lot to put in place and be stable without impairing the current PT league play.

Hoping it goes well and as usual I'm beyond eager for this feature.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:51 PM   #24
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
If you need someone to beta test the reward cards, feel free to add them to my teams accounts. I am prepared to spend many hard hours testing them.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:07 PM   #25
neugey
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
If you need someone to beta test the reward cards, feel free to add them to my teams accounts. I am prepared to spend many hard hours testing them.

"This starting pitcher with 110 stuff and 115 movement isn't working very well. I think it's broke. Let me try that one with 120's across the board."

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:53 PM   #26
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Can cards on our inactive roster be utilized in tournaments, or will they need to be activated? If they do need to be activated, do they need to be prior to enrolling in the tournament?

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:30 PM   #27
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Can cards on our inactive roster be utilized in tournaments, or will they need to be activated? If they do need to be activated, do they need to be prior to enrolling in the tournament?
Hopefully it can 'call up' the cards like Collection Missions do, and due it being on a 'different' server, we can use them...
Old 09-04-2019, 10:22 PM   #28
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

On the total card value (for the team) capped tournaments, does it lock the values at the start of the tournament? I only ask in the event a player jumps due to a live update. Same question for something like a Diamond-or-lower card series...but then a player updates to Perfect... how does the game handle the fact the card is in the series already? Thanks

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:42 PM   #29
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdowneSt View Post
On the total card value (for the team) capped tournaments, does it lock the values at the start of the tournament? I only ask in the event a player jumps due to a live update. Same question for something like a Diamond-or-lower card series...but then a player updates to Perfect... how does the game handle the fact the card is in the series already? Thanks
I am guessing tournaments will run weekly, Monday-Sunday and thus no cards would be subject to change since the tournaments would end by Sunday night.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:09 AM   #30
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I am disappointed that you cannot re-enter another tournament immediately upon elimination from one, but instead must wait until the entire tournament is over. Also, not including training from your current cards means some teams may be hurt by having invested in 4 shortstops in their infield, for example. This would have been an OK rule if players had known about that possibility long before now. Also what happened to "diamond club" using diamonds and UP? The current lineup devalues player investment in perfect cards. There seems to be no way to guarantee whale only tournaments.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:57 AM   #31
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I am disappointed that you cannot re-enter another tournament immediately upon elimination from one, but instead must wait until the entire tournament is over. Also, not including training from your current cards means some teams may be hurt by having invested in 4 shortstops in their infield, for example. This would have been an OK rule if players had known about that possibility long before now. Also what happened to "diamond club" using diamonds and UP? The current lineup devalues player investment in perfect cards. There seems to be no way to guarantee whale only tournaments.
I can't speak for the other points, but from Matt's post on page 1, training that already exists should be included, though he said it's not final yet.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:40 AM   #32
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by getalife1798 View Post
Thank you for the update.

Will stats earned in a tournament show up on the player's history or will they just vanish once a tournament ends?
Player stats will not be kept after the tournament ends.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:41 AM   #33
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
I am guessing tournaments will run weekly, Monday-Sunday and thus no cards would be subject to change since the tournaments would end by Sunday night.
This is correct!
Old 09-05-2019, 04:42 AM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Training is included in your cards, of course.

Regarding whale-only tournaments, those would probably be the tournaments without any restrictions at all, I imagine those would be dominated by the stacked teams naturally.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:42 PM   #35
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Great, this looks awesome. It'll be fun to compete in a variety of different formats.

One question: How will park factors come into play? Will it be your regular non-tournament stadium defaulted to all of the tournaments you're in? A neutral park? Random? Tournament-specific? Specifically chosen by the user for each tournament?

It would be somewhat interesting to micromanage park factors for all tournaments you're in, though I might prefer a more simple and universal approach.
@Markus: Any word on the park factors? This will influence what players I buy in anticipation for the tournaments, haha.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:36 PM   #36
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Does the point cap tourneys require a full 25 man roster, or can you submit fewer players and potentially run with a skeleton crew/"iron man" setup to come at/under the cap?
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 02:04 PM   #37
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Hopefully it can 'call up' the cards like Collection Missions do, and due it being on a 'different' server, we can use them...
Would that server also "call up" their experience and positional training? Even the main game server doesn't always consistently do this in a timely manner...

Primary Team

Old 09-05-2019, 02:20 PM   #38
getalife1798
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Player stats will not be kept after the tournament ends.
Thank you for the reply.

Leads me into my next question....say the tournament ends and I don't get a chance to see what my team did during those games since everything is reset...will there be anyway I can view that information? I would like to know how I can improve for the next tournament.

OOTP21

OOTP20

getalife1798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:01 PM   #39
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Would that server also "call up" their experience and positional training? Even the main game server doesn't always consistently do this in a timely manner...
I don’t work here
Old 09-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #40
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
I don’t work here
True, but you do respond...

Primary Team