Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:01 AM   #101
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

*Wins final Detroit Tigers Live card needed overnight*

*Goes to Collection Missions, finds another Tiger has been added in the update*

Old 07-08-2019, 09:09 AM   #102
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post

I feel your pain..... logged in this morning to find my bid for Carlos Martinez won in an auction that ended around 3am cst.... last card I needed for the Cardinals collection.... huzzah!

went to the collection page, but rather than a green "submit" next to it, the screen now shows 41 of 42 players.... *sighs*

curse you Rangel Ravelo
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:20 AM   #103
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
I feel your pain..... logged in this morning to find my bid for Carlos Martinez won in an auction that ended around 3am cst.... last card I needed for the Cardinals collection.... huzzah!

went to the collection page, but rather than a green "submit" next to it, the screen now shows 41 of 42 players.... *sighs*

curse you Rangel Ravelo
Aw man

Edit: RP Eduardo Jimenez is to blame over here

Last edited by PocketsAintFull; 07-08-2019 at 09:24 AM.
PocketsAintFull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:22 AM   #104
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

It's also worse knowing it's a new card that hasn't been circulated yet
Old 07-08-2019, 10:12 AM   #105
Drezik
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Yeah - those new live cards are killing me. Everytime I get close a couple more get added.

I'm ready for more of the team specific historical missions like the Reds/White Sox/Twins etc...those are awesome.

My Tigers team is almost ready.

Drezik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:46 AM   #106
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I was coming to this thread to post a rant about the exact same thing. Got the last card I needed for the Tigers overnight, now in the morning this scrub Eduardo is blocking me. I'm sure his price will be unreasonable right up until the point where another card is required.

I shudder to imagine September callups. These moving goal posts for the LIVE collections mean that it's probably better, and in a lot of cases cheaper, just to buy the Special Edition card. Kind of defeats the motivation for Collections.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:11 AM   #107
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Next year hopefully the LIVE collections will lock on opening day. It is ridiculous to have the requirements for a collection that people spend considerable time building towards change overnight. I don't do them since the rewards don't seem worth it at all but can only imagine the frustration.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #108
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Next year hopefully the LIVE collections will lock on opening day. It is ridiculous to have the requirements for a collection that people spend considerable time building towards change overnight. I don't do them since the rewards don't seem worth it at all but can only imagine the frustration.

or perhaps new cards can be added to the group as they get called up, but the requirements for the collection remain fixed, so an opening day Live collection that requires 40 cards will always need 40 max to complete.... so when 2 newbies get called up and added to the group, the requirements then show "need 40 of 42"
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:19 AM   #109
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I think that suggestion is a good one: when players are added to a LIVE collection, change the collection from "collect 42 of 42" to "collect 42 of 44". Go make that suggestion in the suggestions forum!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:20 AM   #110
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's also worse knowing it's a new card that hasn't been circulated yet
The idea is to get you to buy more packs in hopes of pulling the card you need. Cha-ching!

I don't collect for missions either, but I see the problem. This should be changed. Jason's suggestion is a good one.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:23 AM   #111
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
or perhaps new cards can be added to the group as they get called up, but the requirements for the collection remain fixed, so an opening day Live collection that requires 40 cards will always need 40 max to complete.... so when 2 newbies get called up and added to the group, the requirements then show "need 40 of 42"
I thought about that, but you'd have to adjust it so that the top-end cards are still required. Otherwise it's even less fair if suddenly you can complete the collection without the Diamonds and Perfects that other players used.

You could separate the LIVE Collections into tiers, whereby all Perfects, all Diamonds, all Golds, all Silvers are required... and then 5/7 Bronze, 10/15 Iron are required or something.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:26 AM   #112
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah you can't do it that way or else people will just not need the only 3 or 4 expensive cards.

I would just lock in the LIVE collections opening day and then add a new mission at the all-star break or even monthly to collect the fresh call-ups so far this season. Easy.

Last edited by dkgo; 07-08-2019 at 11:28 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:32 AM   #113
Charlatan
All Star Starter

That's a good idea too, and seems pretty workable - they could just add some missions at the all-star break with all the players that have been called up. There wouldn't be a lot of players, nor would most of them be very good, so you could just slap a standard pack or some sort of minor historical player as a reward. Problem solved!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:33 AM   #114
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Yeah you can't do it that way or else people will just not need the only 3 or 4 expensive cards.

I would just lock in the LIVE collections opening day and then add a new mission at the all-star break or even monthly to collect the fresh call-ups so far this season. Easy.
Yeah that would be cool... you could have monthly league-wide call-up Missions, and each month would net a Special Edition card that represented a good player who was originally called up during that month.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:54 PM   #115
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Those ideas all sound like a good idea to me, whichever is easier for OOTP to implement.

Anyway, I decided to overpay somewhat for the new card at 599p to get my new DH and complete the mission, so it worked out for whoever pulled him
Attached Images
Old 07-08-2019, 07:37 PM   #116
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

I guess me selling 84 Nellie Fox for 10,000 BIN was a great buy for someone. And wow did we need the points. I think it sold in a minute, maybe less. I've no idea what mission he is in, but it must be quite the reward. I checked for other Nellie's after mine sold and they're priced 25k to 50k+. Crazy.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:14 AM   #117
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I've raked in 37K PP after deciding to list my unfinished collection mission cards in the AH this past weekend. Peanuts compared to what people were probably selling for in the first week of missions, but I'm pretty pleased with the windfall. I also like to think I'm offering fair prices, albeit advantageous to me as well. A pretty large fraction of my collection will probably go unsold, so I'll probably re-list those cards tomorrow and hope to make another 10-20K PP.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:18 AM   #118
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninYakAngler View Post
I guess me selling 84 Nellie Fox for 10,000 BIN was a great buy for someone. And wow did we need the points. I think it sold in a minute, maybe less. I've no idea what mission he is in, but it must be quite the reward. I checked for other Nellie's after mine sold and they're priced 25k to 50k+. Crazy.
He's in one of the 5 White Sox missions. They might be priced at 25-50K, but no one's buying them at that.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:17 AM   #119
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
He's in one of the 5 White Sox missions. They might be priced at 25-50K, but no one's buying them at that.
The White Sox cards are so overpriced and the market isn’t stabilizing. Most of the Fox Collection golds are being priced well over 20k. In Appling and Anson, someone has been posting Gold Faber for 30k and Diamond Faber for 100k for weeks now. Even in the ones that don’t reward gold packs, the cards are being priced well above other collections.

There still are reasonable prices (or even good ones) to be had but you pretty much have to be watching the auction house 24/7 to snipe them.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #120
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

About those collection missions...

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote