Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:25 PM   #1
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Won bid, player not on roster or reserves.

I won a bid for scooter genett.

I moved him to my active roster, set my lineup,submitted team and logged off.

When I logged back on about 45 min later, he is nowhere to be found. He is iin my transactions history. What gives?
Old 12-18-2018, 05:36 PM   #2
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Check your inactive roster
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:48 PM   #3
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

MANAGE ROSTER --> MANAGE INACTIVE CARDS

Find Gennett... hit activate...
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:59 PM   #4
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Why are inactive cards even a thing? It would probably eliminate all the hundreds of these threads if all cards not on the active roster are on the reserve roster.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:02 PM   #5
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Why are inactive cards even a thing? It would probably eliminate all the hundreds of these threads if all cards not on the active roster are on the reserve roster.

it'll make more sense OOTP20 when live cards ratings change from time to time

I may not wanna play that bronze rookie to start out with, but when the real player has a hot june and july I may pull his card outta inactives and into my lineup
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:15 PM   #6
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The limit on the reserve is 175. You can have more cards as long as they are inactive.
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #7
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Server strain. While PT is a unique game mode, it still runs off of the OOTP engine, and therefore the reserve roster for each team exists as part of that team's league. There are thousands of available cards and thousands of teams in the PT universe. If even just a fraction of those teams are collectors who want to stash every card they come across, that is potentially hundreds of thousands of unnecessary players being uploaded and downloaded to and from the servers every half hour. So they solve it by capping the reserve rosters at a more manageable level.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:22 PM   #8
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Thanks. I’ll do what you suggest. However it is rather weird that I was able to put him in my lineup immediately after I won him. Then It was as if I never did that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2018, 06:24 PM   #9
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Thanks. I’ll do what you suggest. However it is rather weird that I was able to put him in my lineup immediately after I won him. Then It was as if I never did that

That can happen if you submit your team while a simulation is executing. The sim results have to be sent to your client and it will overwrite what you have.
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:42 PM   #10
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Server strain. While PT is a unique game mode, it still runs off of the OOTP engine, and therefore the reserve roster for each team exists as part of that team's league. There are thousands of available cards and thousands of teams in the PT universe. If even just a fraction of those teams are collectors who want to stash every card they come across, that is potentially hundreds of thousands of unnecessary players being uploaded and downloaded to and from the servers every half hour. So they solve it by capping the reserve rosters at a more manageable level.
Well that's definitely a possible answer, however the servers still need to know what cards you own that are inactive so you can't hack the game locally and cheat on next upload. The servers will still know all the cards you own, active, reserve and inactive. The only cards being "used" are the ones on the active roster.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:44 PM   #11
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoofe View Post
it'll make more sense OOTP20 when live cards ratings change from time to time

I may not wanna play that bronze rookie to start out with, but when the real player has a hot june and july I may pull his card outta inactives and into my lineup
You don't have to put any card on the inactive list if there isn't one and they just make the reserve list unlimited. What is the big difference between a 175 card limit on reserves and an unlimited reserve roster? I'd bet that most teams don't come close to having that many cards anyway.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:55 PM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Well that's definitely a possible answer, however the servers still need to know what cards you own that are inactive so you can't hack the game locally and cheat on next upload. The servers will still know all the cards you own, active, reserve and inactive. The only cards being "used" are the ones on the active roster.
The way things work, cards on reserve rosters are still in the "league", so appear in the downloads. If someone had thousands of cards on their reserve roster, then everyone has to download them all every sim. Limiting the reserve to this amount helps keep the download and uploads smaller for everyone.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:23 AM   #13
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I just wish that there was more consistency with the process. I haven't had too many issues, like some here have been posting, but I would like for the result of winning an auction offline to be the same as when I win one online. Offline starts the card as inactive, whereas its on my reserve roster if I was online when the auction finalized. Kind of odd that the path to my roster would be different, especially when all pertinent roster management settings have been set to me and not the AI.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:13 AM   #14
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post

Make sure you have the latest update (19.11.128) installed... also, the game does NOT sync between two different computers unless there is a simulation in-between.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:03 PM   #15
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Just an update. Scooter Gennett is now on my team and is currently on a 24 game hitting streak.