Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:16 PM   #1
mavericktango
Major Leagues

Perfect team not using rotation properly

On May the 7th and May 11th PT started bullpen pitchers instead of my rotation pitchers. I have the rotation mode set to "Strict Order" so it should have at least started my #1 pitcher on May 7th but looking at it further, PT had not started my #1 starter for nine days and then started him a day before what would have been his scheduled start under strict order
[Username : FatNige]
Old 11-03-2018, 05:41 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I have noticed this, and I think that the rotation does not always advance to the next starter using the strict order mode.

Edit: I have posted a bug report in the beta forums for this. A workaround is to use strict, occasionally highest rested instead. That way, the game should select the next starter instead of a reliever.

Last edited by Orcin; 11-03-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:11 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We are investigating...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #4
WBTyler939
Minors (Single A)

Just wanted to echo this post. It's not working through my 5 SPs. When I was on "Strict Order," with a 5-man Rotation, my #1 SP started 4 games, #2 SP 5 games, #3 SP 3 games, #4 SP 1 game, #5 SP 1 game. Looking at the game log, my #2 SP was starting every third game for some reason.

I changed it to "Strict, on occasion highest rested" and it only got slightly better. My #5 SP still hasn't started another game, and my #4 SP started two games in 4 days. This morning when I got in game, my #3 SP who started the last game was set to be the next starter for today's game, so two days in a row despite being 1% Exhausted.

Today I shifted it to "Always start highest rested," so we'll see what happens. Please fix this!
WBTyler939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:59 PM   #5
JohnnyTrout
Bat Boy

Nothing further to add, but have also experienced this problem.
JohnnyTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:32 AM   #6
zrog2000
All Star Starter

I have not changed my rotation this season at all and look at the discrepancy in games started. Some of them are pitching on 3 days rest and then getting removed in the 5th inning when their status gets to 0%. None of them have individual strategies set.

Last edited by zrog2000; 11-14-2018 at 06:33 AM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We have been unable to reproduce this so far... strict orders always need some micromanagement. When the rotation is changed, and the scheduled SP is tired, then a reliever will start. So, the rotation needs to be adjusted manually when inserting new pitchers.

Do you have the AI set to handle something in the profile & settings tab of the PT home screen?

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-14-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #8
yoye
Bat Boy

Same problem here in Iota Kappa League. Game vs Iowa Oaks. Same rotation since the beginning of the season.
yoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:02 PM   #9
WBTyler939
Minors (Single A)

One thing I've noticed is often times when I download the new file, the SP who pitched the most recent game is still listed as the next SP, so if you don't manually fix it, it messes everything up.

Today for a while, I was submitting every new sim and everything went fine. Later today I was away from my computer so I didn't submit for a few hours (I was on Strict Order), and everything got screwed up where again some SPs would start twice within a few days and other SPs wouldn't pitch at all.

You might not be able to reproduce it on your end. Have you tried creating a profile and playing the same way we do? I imagine you'd find the problem in that scenario.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #10
WBTyler939
Minors (Single A)

See my rotation...
Attached Images
Old 11-14-2018, 08:07 PM   #11
clashcity
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBTyler939 View Post
One thing I've noticed is often times when I download the new file, the SP who pitched the most recent game is still listed as the next SP, so if you don't manually fix it, it messes everything up.
I've been seeing exactly the same thing today with Strict Order and a 5 man rotation...
clashcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:48 PM   #12
mwb6
Minors (Single A)

Similar Issue

I've experienced this problem, to fight against it, I have been scheduling starters in the 7-day lineup screen. However, I've noticed that the AI sometimes does strange things with the 7-day lineup screen, such as not clearing the starter out so he remains as the starter 7 days out and I've also seen where it 'randomly' put a starter into an empty slot.
mwb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:06 AM   #13
clashcity
Minors (Single A)

I just saw the problem again. I'm using a 4 man rotation with a strict order. My number 3 pitcher pitched on the 30th, but he was showing to start again on the 1st with a 20% status. I just let it go to see what would happen and my #4 pitcher actually started on the 1st, but he's now showing to pitch on the 2nd even though his status is at 0%. Something funky's going on here and I think that may explain why relievers get the occasional start even though strict order is selected...
Old 11-15-2018, 07:33 AM   #14
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

I have not been able to reproduce this at all. If I set up my rotation in a way that the most rested is at the top, the 2nd most rested at 2nd etc. then set the order to strict and then set next starter to #1, then all goes well. You need to do this whenever you make changes to the rotation if you do not use the highest rested mode.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:43 AM   #15
TranslucentD
Bat Boy

I will chime in here as the same issue happened to me with most recent simulation. I thought my team had moved to Tampa as it had my setup guy start the game. It then went through and drained my bullpen and used just about everyone up.

When I looked at my starters, 4 out of 5 are in good shape stamina wise, including who was supposed to be the scheduled starter. I went back and looked at a few games and the relievers had started the prior game too!

So that is two straight occurrences of the bullpen starting a game when the scheduled starter was rested

Also, the game immediately before the back to back bullpen games it had a starter pitching on 2 days rest (the only SP not 100% rested) for no reason.

I use "Strict Order" rather than " Strict, Occasional" due to the observation that someone else pointed out earlier in the thread that it was skipping 4th/5th starters.

Game ID:1228 in Pi Omikron if it helps.
Attached Images
Image Image 
TranslucentD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:53 AM   #16
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

I see why he's having trouble reproducing it. My rotation has been working. I added Sabathia and inserted him into the #3 spot. I have noticed that when I am in the 7 day screen that the SP isnt always populated.
Attached Images
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:33 AM   #17
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I have not been able to reproduce this at all. If I set up my rotation in a way that the most rested is at the top, the 2nd most rested at 2nd etc. then set the order to strict and then set next starter to #1, then all goes well. You need to do this whenever you make changes to the rotation if you do not use the highest rested mode.
I understand what you are saying, but having to rearrange the rotation every time you put someone in and constantly adjusting which pitcher is listed as the ace is kind of draconian, no? If we just replace that day's starter (lets say #3 in a 5 man rotation) and keep 1, 2, 4, and 5 the same, the rotation should just continue to keep on ticking.

As an aside, if I am setting it to strict order, I want that pitcher starting regardless of rest. Is there a setting to eliminate any possibility of the AI subbing in someone other than the guy who should be listed as the starter for that day? I realize he may only go 3 innings because he is tired, but I still want him on the hill.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:48 AM   #18
clashcity
Minors (Single A)

My first three games of July this morning the game started my #4 on the 1st, a long reliever on the 2nd (even though my #1 was fully rested) and then my #1 on the 3rd. I'm set to a 4 man rotation with strict order and no SP's in relief. I'm in Ypsilon Iota if it helps...
Old 11-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #19
WBTyler939
Minors (Single A)

Markus, are you adjusting your rotation or submitting your team after every sim? If I submit my team after every sim, then everything is fine. BUT, if I miss a few sims, that's when it gets wonky. So if you haven't tried this yet, please set your rotation and then don't submit your team for a week or two worth of games and see if it happens for you. Do not use 7-day lineups. I'm anxious to hear if you can reproduce what several of us are reporting.

FYI, it happened to me again overnight when I wasn't able to submit my team after every sim.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:18 AM   #20
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBTyler939 View Post
Markus, are you adjusting your rotation or submitting your team after every sim? If I submit my team after every sim, then everything is fine. BUT, if I miss a few sims, that's when it gets wonky. So if you haven't tried this yet, please set your rotation and then don't submit your team for a week or two worth of games and see if it happens for you. Do not use 7-day lineups. I'm anxious to hear if you can reproduce what several of us are reporting.

FYI, it happened to me again overnight when I wasn't able to submit my team after every sim.
Why should I not submit my team after making changes? When you do changes you should always submit.

I have really no clue so far. I have tried different things with different teams (I have 3 test teams), and no matter what I try, it works as expected. When my rotation is properly set and my next scheduled starter is properly set (and the following too based on rest) then it all works fine here for the following sims, no matter how many.

Again, a RP will only replace the scheduled SP if he is tired and the rotation is set to strict. If the rotation is not strict, the AI will choose a replacement SP from the rotation who is rested. So, whenever your SP gets replaced by a RP to start, it means that the "next starter" was not set correctly by you or that the rotation was changed and one of the next scheduled SP happened to be tired.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-16-2018 at 03:22 AM.