Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-25-2018, 01:44 PM   #1
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Historical Replay Suggestions

Does anyone have suggestions for improving historical replays? Please post any and all. Thanks!
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:45 PM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

* Adding historical injuries (optional) to the transactions file.

NOTE: Kim Mohan (M's rule) is working on this project. Will it ever be completed? Don't know. Maybe Kim can provide a status report.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:48 PM   #3
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

* Enabling roster limits with real lineups.

NOTE: Markus said (again) that this is too much trouble to code. But would it be possible to make the manual process of activating and de-activating players easier for the user?
Old 01-25-2018, 01:49 PM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

* Adding ballpark- and player-specific content to the PBP.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #5
drksd4848
All Star Starter

One of the things that always bugged me about Historical Replays when using "As Played" lineups is this:

Using a middle reliever before a real life spot start, and having players who are injured available on the active roster. It kind of messes up the strategy. I wish they could fix that.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:11 PM   #6
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

For me this is massively huge. I'm begging. Please allow us the ability to erase all history and start with stats zeroed out. I know and completely understand that for us to be able to do this, we have to understand that any player that missed the season in which we start our league, will be forever absent. For example, if I started a league in 1943, I have to understand Ted Williams will not appear in my league. I'm an adult and if I'm dumb enough to start in 43 that's my problem, not OOTP's.

Being able to zero out stats and start with no history is huge for any of us that want to create a fictional league with historical players. It's huge for doing replays that have alternate histories, such as what if baseball didn't start till 1947 or 1921. I've missed being able to do this so much since the bug that it allowed it was fixed. Please bring it back.

Last edited by David Watts; 01-25-2018 at 04:39 PM.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:26 PM   #7
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Not really a historical replay request, but it involves historical teams.

We already have the historical exhibition feature.

Now we need a tournament mode that makes this historical exhibition feature explode into greatness.

To start the game could come with maybe a 32 team tournament bracket and a 64 team bracket. The tournament mode would have to have the ability to track stats for the entire tournament. Hopefully the ability to select a tournament MVP and maybe a few other awards.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:52 PM   #8
ojoe
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
For me this is massively huge. I'm begging. Please allow us the ability to erase all history and start with stats zeroed out.
I thought we could already do that in the league settings? There are tabs for erasing all career stats and all league history.
ojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:34 PM   #9
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojoe View Post
I thought we could already do that in the league settings? There are tabs for erasing all career stats and all league history.
Oh you can do it and when you start your league everyone will have zeroes across the board. Let's say you start your historical league in 1921 and zero out all stats. Things will be fine for a season, you will complete 1921 and your leaderboard will be filled with guys that have only one year played. But, when opening day of 1922 arrives and you decide to look at your leaderboard, every single offensive category will have Johnny Evers as the leader. See Evers missed 1918-1921 in real life. He then reappears briefly with the White Sox in 1922. Well when he reappears in OOTP, he will do so with 16 years worth of stats. So your league that started in 1921 will have a guy with a playing history starting in 1902.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:08 PM   #10
Reed
All Star Starter

Random debut leagues-make it possible to have option for inaugural draft have players start with their real rookie year instead of some players in there mid 30s. Yes, I know the reasoning for scattered age.
Make it possible to set your league to a specific year for stat output without having to go back every year to reset it. I understand they may be working on this.
Include historic 3D stadiums with the game. Yes I know the mod section has most that you can download but if possible, prefer them to be included with game.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:56 PM   #11
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Reintiate neutralized stats for all players. It appears that these settings are missing the last 2 or 3 years.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:51 PM   #12
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Random debut leagues-make it possible to have option for inaugural draft have players start with their real rookie year instead of some players in there mid 30s. Yes, I know the reasoning for scattered age.
I agree with this. It would have to be more complicated than selecting a random bunch of rookies (like in an amateur draft). The current random debut system selects players with a realistic cross-section of ages, but also of talents. To be able to stay in the majors until their 30s, a player would generally have to be of an above-average talent level. So players who stayed in the majors until their late 30's tend to be star players, but you only get to play like 3 years in your league (if you took them out and replaced them with random rookie players then the league starts at a much lower level).

So ideally, I think we would have the same system for selecting players for random leagues as it is now, but have an option to have them start in their first year.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 07:41 PM   #13
T-Bone
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Oh you can do it and when you start your league everyone will have zeroes across the board. Let's say you start your historical league in 1921 and zero out all stats. Things will be fine for a season, you will complete 1921 and your leaderboard will be filled with guys that have only one year played. But, when opening day of 1922 arrives and you decide to look at your leaderboard, every single offensive category will have Johnny Evers as the leader. See Evers missed 1918-1921 in real life. He then reappears briefly with the White Sox in 1922. Well when he reappears in OOTP, he will do so with 16 years worth of stats. So your league that started in 1921 will have a guy with a playing history starting in 1902.
I see how this can be problematic. No way to fix. What if I delete Johnny Evers - will it be as if he never existed?
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:24 AM   #14
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
I see how this can be problematic. No way to fix. What if I delete Johnny Evers - will it be as if he never existed?
Not sure what happens if you delete him. Markus at one point said he could add an option that made it so players that miss a season don't return. That's what we have to hope for. Prior to 17, the game had a bug that made it so players like Evers didn't return. That bug was fixed, but fixing it made erasing stats a no go.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:01 AM   #15
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

I have a couple of suggestions:

1) When you start a replay, start off with the contracts already in place. For a lot of baseball history, that isn't feasible. But, it could be done for the years in which we have better data. I'm hoping for historical contracts since at least 2000.

2) Can we fix this issue that never got fixed?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=269366
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #16
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Bring back the ability to combine recalc and development. Not even sure why something like this would be removed. This needs to be fixed. And before someone says, you can still do this. I agree you can physically do this, but the results are horrible and that's being kind. There are screenshots in the bug forum in the "no longer" thread to prove it.

Last edited by David Watts; 02-01-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:46 PM   #17
Reed
All Star Starter

Weaken/adjust pitchers/hitters.
Right now you can just do it during league creation. Would like the ability to adjust it (like service days) after league has started.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:51 PM   #18
Reed
All Star Starter

At the beginning of the season about the time you get owners expectations, would like to get an email reviewing what happen IRL. Who won the World Series, top batters, top pitchers and anything of significance that happened during the year.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:45 PM   #19
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Weaken/adjust pitchers/hitters.
Right now you can just do it during league creation. Would like the ability to adjust it (like service days) after league has started.
Agree. Not only would it be nice to be able to adjust this periodically, but it would also serve to be able to see what your settings were in the first place... in case you forgot... which would be good for troubleshooting...

Last edited by thehef; 02-01-2018 at 06:46 PM. Reason: clarity
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:21 PM   #20
T-Bone
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Not sure what happens if you delete him. Markus at one point said he could add an option that made it so players that miss a season don't return. That's what we have to hope for. Prior to 17, the game had a bug that made it so players like Evers didn't return. That bug was fixed, but fixing it made erasing stats a no go.
This is worse than I thought. Take Dazzy Vance for example. When 1922 comes around, I would need to delete him. That is not so bad, but the problem is he will reappear again in 1923, 1924, 1925, etc. - so I need to delete him every year until 1935
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote