Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:57 AM   #141
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Two of the Harris, Will had the same birthdate. One has been expunged. You still have 14 left for play.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:13 AM   #142
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonReplay View Post
This may be true but all three Will(y) Harris's should NOT be on the 2015 Houston Astro roster .... (I did not check any other season) only the one born 8-28-84 Otherwise GREAT game of course (referring to three Will() Harris's with different birthdays and two Josh Fields's) thought this would attach to the posting I was looking at.
fieldjo02 = Josh Fields. Played in MLB from 2006 through 2010.
fieldjo03 = Josh D Fields. Currently active in MLB, MLB career began in 2013.
Incidentally fieldjo01 = Jocko Fields.

Are the Josh Fields' stats intermingling like the above examples with the Williams Sisters and the Smiths? What bug are you trying to report? As you can see there are in fact two historical Josh Fields that played in MLB rather close together, so it's possible their stats got crossed up. Making it even more confusing is that fieldjo02 is named Joshua Dean Fields and fieldjo03 is named Joshua David Fields. Could you clarify that in a follow up post? I just imported them and I'm not seeing any MLB statistical crossover, so I'm not seeing the problem with the Josh Fields dynamic duo.

It looks to me (from looking at the MLB Master.csv file that there is a big time problem with the Harris' boys). Currently the Master.csv file has:

harriwi02 = Will Harris (2012 - 2015 in MLB) [this is the current Astros reliever Will Harris]
harriwi02 = Willie Harris (2001 - 2015 in MLB) [this is OF/PH/2B Willie Harris who in fact played from 2001 - 2012 in MLB, but is listed as having played from 2001-2015]
harriwi10 = Will Harris (2016 - 2016 in MLB) [this is also the current Astros reliever Will Harris]

So to clarify for Spritze when he gets back, the above situation with the Harris fellows is how it currently is in game.

Here's how it should be:

harriwi02 = Willie Harris (2001 - 2012 in MLB, played all 12 years inclusively, therefore should have stats from 2001 - 2012 in the four appropriate stats files [batting, batting2, fielding, fielding2] as he never pitched)

harriwi10 = Will Harris (2012 - 2016 in MLB, played all 5 years inclusively, therefore should have stats from 2012 - 2016 in all six stats files [batting, batting2, fielding, fielding2, and pitching, pitching2] as he's a pitcher)

In other words there should be no harriwi02 = Will Harris because that guy is in fact harriwi10 = Will Harris.

EDIT: ...And I see the OOTP Historical Czar has already cracked the case of the Harris boys and probably sent the right one off to purgatory never to return, and the corrected version will appear when it appears. Thankyou good sir.

Last edited by actionjackson; 04-08-2017 at 01:20 AM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:58 AM   #143
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The Smith's and Harris's are done. MLB and MiLB.

I did not do nothing to Mrs. Fields nor her doppelganger, not even chocolate chips.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #144
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
The Smith's and Harris's are done. MLB and MiLB.

I did not do nothing to Mrs. Fields nor her doppelganger, not even chocolate chips.
Thankyou sir. No need to do anything with Mrs. Fields. I had a look at them and I can't find anything wrong. I suppose chocolate chip cookies could be in order though to celebrate the slayings of the Williams, Smith, and Harris conundrums.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:48 PM   #145
Warhawk
Major Leagues

I was searching for some players in my historical game (color barrier enabled), and noticed that George McQuillan was a free agent that couldn't be signed. Went into the editor, and one of the few things you can change in challenge mode is facial type - it was set to African.

This does not appear to me to be a black man.

Changed it to Caucasian and now I can sign him.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:49 PM   #146
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
I was searching for some players in my historical game (color barrier enabled), and noticed that George McQuillan was a free agent that couldn't be signed. Went into the editor, and one of the few things you can change in challenge mode is facial type - it was set to African.

This does not appear to me to be a black man.

Changed it to Caucasian and now I can sign him.
Fixed
Old 04-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #147
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Jim St. Vrain (st.vrji01): birthdate in master.csv is wrong. Listed as 1883, 6, 6. Should be 1871, 6, 6. Was in fact age 31 when he pitched in 1902, not 19.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #148
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Fixed
Old 04-09-2017, 09:23 PM   #149
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

I've discovered that if you have a team with the same name as a historical minor league team that doesn't exist in a league yet then players will automatically be assigned to it - which probably explains why the Louisville Colonels in my league have been so good for so long.

To help avoid this in the future could I confirm whether it's the team abbreviation or the team nickname that causes this to happen?
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:46 PM   #150
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Neither.
Full team name.

City & Nickname if you are scoring at home.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:32 AM   #151
Warhawk
Major Leagues

I'm noticing Al McCauley is being credited for two 100 game stints with Detroit and Louisville in 1895 (200 games total that year) with identical stats in each stint. That's enough to give him the record in games, at bats, and home runs. I can't find a record of him playing at all that season.

Same issue with Tom Delahanty. In his case he appears to have an entry for one game (with Louisville) which appears to be accurate, and then records for 94 games each with Detroit and Louisville.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:42 AM   #152
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Not an OOTP issue exactly.

That is simply how BBref stores its stats in some years. Nothing we can do about that. Accurate splits between teams often do not exist. As/if they get updated OOTP will also get updated.

The player ratings are on a per game basis so they are in no way impacted.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #153
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Oh, OK. And per the conversation earlier on this page I assume they're being picked up as MLB stats because the 1800s minor league Detroit Tigers are being picked up as a major league team? So basically the team IDs plus BBRef not displaying season splits correctly combines to give a couple players who had solid leagues in the minors in the 1800s crazy high MLB all-time records?
Old 04-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #154
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

In the OOTP fake 1800's Detroit is a Major League team.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:51 PM   #155
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Neither.
Full team name.

City & Nickname if you are scoring at home.
Thank you - two surprise nickname rebrandings on the way in my league!
Old 04-11-2017, 01:09 AM   #156
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

Ballplayer Schilling (schill001---) has the exact same real life stats from two teams (ChGo and JeJa) for 1929 - giving him a batting average of .466 in 206 AB. In my game he wound up #1 pick in the MLB.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:14 AM   #157
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermercado View Post
Ballplayer Schilling (schill001---) has the exact same real life stats from two teams (ChGo and JeJa) for 1929 - giving him a batting average of .466 in 206 AB. In my game he wound up #1 pick in the MLB.

That is simply how BBref stores its stats in some years. Nothing we can do about that. Accurate splits between teams often do not exist. As/if they get updated OOTP will also get updated.

The player ratings are on a per game basis so they are in no way impacted
Old 04-12-2017, 07:03 AM   #158
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:

The player ratings are on a per game basis so they are in no way impacted
That's great that it doesn't impact player ratings but it does screw up your history index. I have a player who holds the record for most games in a season at 300.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:16 PM   #159
mjj55409
All Star Starter

Starting in 1901, neutered stats, potential based on remaining peak, historical minors switched on.

Daniel Turner (turner003dan) imports as a very good power hitter.

Real life stats:

In simming 1901, Mr. Turner hit 43 HRs for Grand Rapids:

Old 04-13-2017, 12:16 AM   #160
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

1901 Grand Rapids is not an OOTP supplied Team nor League.

That means you may have erred in some way when you set your game up. If you give more detail I am sure someone can set you right.